Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

crzycrkr

Jun 26, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Re: [ROM][AOSP][LINARO] CarbonRom 1.5 beta JB 4.2.2 [l900] » Mar 3

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with mobile data being on or off. Every AOSP ROM seems to be having this issue. Only affects some phones it seems. I could only send mms on carbon until 1.3. With 1.3 I lost it until the newest version. And sending mms with Wi-Fi on and connected is no problem at all.

I will say, after flashing, the first mms I tried to send took forever. After that one they all seem to send quickly now

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

DoUevenRoot

Jan 4, 2013
Parts Unknown

Mobile data (3G) was on the whole time, of course. I also had Wifi disabled now and then to see if that would help. I did tick roaming data, but seeing as I'm on Sprint's tower I don't see how that could have helped.

Did you do format data when you came from your twiz Rom?

Sent from a computer masquerading as a phone

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

It doesn't seem to have anything to do with mobile data being on or off. Every AOSP ROM seems to be having this issue. Only affects some phones it seems. I could only send mms on carbon until 1.3. With 1.3 I lost it until the newest version. And sending mms with Wi-Fi on and connected is no problem at all.

I will say, after flashing, the first mms I tried to send took forever. After that one they all seem to send quickly now

This is not the case on any twiz Rom.... Wi-Fi on results in under mms until mobile data is turned on.

I gotta wonder if you guys are having issues making and receiving calls as well... as I found out today, NOT formatting data causes alot of weird issues. IF I received texts, it would just be part of multiple texts. Let's eliminate this. Are you both on twrp and formatted data along with wiping both caches, wiping the system and doing the factory reset prior to flashing?

For the record, I didn't have a single problem until I flashed back to a twiz Rom and noticed everything was ****ed up with the file system

Last edited:

crzycrkr

Jun 26, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Did you do format data when you came from your twiz Rom?

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

This is not the case on any twiz Rom.... Wi-Fi on results in under mms until mobile data is turned on.

I gotta wonder if you guys are having issues making and receiving calls as well... as I found out today, NOT formatting data causes alot of weird issues. IF I received texts, it would just be part of multiple texts. Let's eliminate this. Are you both on twrp and formatted data along with wiping both caches, wiping the system and doing the factory reset prior to flashing?

For the record, I didn't have a single problem until I flashed back to a twiz Rom and noticed everything was ****ed up with the file system

But this isn't a twiz ROM. Nope, no issues with calls or texts. I use TWRP. I'm doing completely clean wipes and installs. There is just something weird with MMS on AOSP ROMs. It is affecting people in every ROM out there. After I lost MMS with Carbon 1.3, I found that Rootbox was the only ROM I could send/receive MMS with until Carbon 1.5. I tried every AOSP ROM out there and all of them just hung on sending for me. I still wonder if it's an issue with it but compressing the picture. I seem to remember getting a message when sending MMS about compressing the file size, but don't get that message anymore

SantinoInc

Jun 19, 2010
NYC
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

OK. So I mentioned this before but nobody replied. I'm funding that having the NAV bar activated sporadically breaks the functionality of the notification bar. Only way to unlock the status bar is to disable the NAV keys.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

cuezaireekaa

Apr 26, 2010
glacier bay
www.last.fm
OK. So I mentioned this before but nobody replied. I'm funding that having the NAV bar activated sporadically breaks the functionality of the notification bar. Only way to unlock the status bar is to disable the NAV keys.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

afraid so. i use the nav bar all the time and everything is fine. nav rings work. nav bar works with 5 targets/ nav bar widgets work. long pressing nav buttons work. statusbar works. notifications bar and pulldown work. extended desktop works. i pretty much have everything enabled and have since the beginning.

FWIW: these ROMs that have cm10 and aokp, and per app settings etc. can usually get tripped up when conflicting settings are set. not often, but sometimes. turning on something somewhere, and turning a similar setting on as well from a different place in the settings (if said option is exists or is available) will cause instability. in some cases it takes a little trial and error to find that perfect medium between the different settings' function, and stability. and double check if you have changed things from their defaults.

Last edited:

az18zz

Feb 24, 2011

Does cancers work & mms for the latest release?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

ootay

Mar 28, 2006
Well I got MMS working, but I don't really know what I did, nor do I know if it will last.

Here's a list of weird stuff I did:

1. Tried the mms.apk a few pages back, didn't help.
2. Reverted back to the stock mms.apk that comes with this ROM. Reboot.
3. Installed GOSMS, MMS works fine in that. Reboot.
4. Stock still won't work, just hangs on "Sending..."
5. Test send/receive MMS in GO and stock, no help. Reboot.
6. Installed Google Voice since my account is ported to Google.
7. Made sure Voice was set to have the stock messaging app handle messaging.
8. Changed Settings->Mobile Network. Checked both roam boxes, set mode to CDMA/EvDo (no LTE here), set roaming mode to automatic.
9. Rebooted.
10. MMS sends and receives in the stock app.
11. Uninstall GOSMS, and MMS still works.

My experience has been with all the 4.2.- roms (cm, pa, carbon, tried most all) that mms works only on 3g but doesn't on 4g (sprint) but for some reason works fine on stock 4.2 ota from sprint

ffolkes

Oct 18, 2006
New Jersey
I'm unsure why, but today while out I reached for my Note2 and it was dead. It wasn't hot though, so that's a sign it didn't get stuck in a CPU intensive loop. It's very disheartening since sleep of death is so hard to pinpoint though. Anyone else experience this?

Also, the camera doesn't FC if you take the flash off. Is not being able to use the flash a known issue?

Also, I can't seem to get the notification light to work. Now and then it will, but apps (like Glowfly) that used to be able to control the light, can't.

Last edited:

PoD_Hazard

Feb 21, 2013

Soooo is anyone having problems with the in call volume, I can barely hear the person on the other line

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

nocoast

Sep 10, 2011
Chicago

I'm unsure why, but today while out I reached for my Note2 and it was dead. It wasn't hot though, so that's a sign it didn't get stuck in a CPU intensive loop. It's very disheartening since sleep of death is so hard to pinpoint though. Anyone else experience this?

Also, the camera doesn't FC if you take the flash off. Is not being able to use the flash a known issue?

Also, I can't seem to get the notification light to work. Now and then it will, but apps (like Glowfly) that used to be able to control the light, can't.

We have built in framework LED control, try it!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

ffolkes

Oct 18, 2006
New Jersey
We have built in framework LED control, try it!

I'm not sure what this means, but I assume it's the stuff in Settings->Display which won't help for things like contact-specific LED settings. Thanks anyway.

Also, I'm consistently getting crazy high System (kworker) CPU usage. Even after a fresh reboot, left alone for 6 hours it shows System with a 1.5 hour wake lock, and 2.5 hours of used CPU time (for an idle phone) along with Google Services' hour long wake-lock.

DoUevenRoot

Jan 4, 2013
Parts Unknown
Can someone navigate to /proc/ and view the filesystems file and either copy/paste what it says or take a screen and post it please?

Perseus only supports exFat and Fat32 and I'm kinda like, "F that noise" so if the AOSP kernel at least supports ext2, I'm done with twiz for a bit. I'll just leave the 16GB card fat32 for twiz and make the 64 for AOSP.

Last edited:

cuezaireekaa

Apr 26, 2010
glacier bay
www.last.fm

Anyone know where the option to " kill app by holding back" is at? Can't find it for the life of me.

sent via xparent tapatalk - sph-l900

gajendarksky

Jun 2, 2008
Springfield
Here are a couple of issues that I have come across so far:

Notification sounds will stop like its been silenced;

It has stopped charging at 87%;

Searching for GPS will stay on until a reboot;

Despite all these things, I think the ROM is one of the best out right now and keep up the good work! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features
    Simply stated, we can't really list features here. There are too many and they change too frequently, and we now support a truly insane number of devices. Chances are, if you like a feature, we have it already. Seriously.

Screenshots

screen1s.jpg
    screen2s.jpg
    screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
    screen5s.jpg
    screen6s.jpg

screen7s.jpg
    screen8s.jpg
    screen9s.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our goo.im page.

Both nightly and release builds are available. Please note that nightlies are for development purposes. This means that they may not work properly, may not flash, may not build for days at a time, and will probably eat your cat. If you flash these, know what you're doing, have backups, and don't complain when something happens. It's on you!

http://carbon-rom.com

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Change Log

You can also find a changelog in Settings->Carbon->About Carbon

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

There is a reason why GPS and MMS work for some and not others. There has to be a concrete reason. I personally wish that instead of churning out nightly after nightly the devs investigate why so many people are having these two issues.

Oh wait, I forgot, the majority of users don't have these issues.

Anyway, Rooster I'm curious as to how your MMS started working out of the blue. Try to figure out what it is you did that triggered MMS to work. There has to be an actual reason... it wasn't magic.
    Honestly, I'm kinda get tired of you complaining in every single AOSP ROM thread about GPS/MMS not working when it does work fine for the vast majority of users. Yes I understand why you're upset/frustrated but remember XDA is a site for developers first. They are not here to cater everyone and every single user complaint. It also does not help your cause that I have not seen a single logcat from you. Either help solve the issue or stop complaining. Sorry, not sorry. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Adding l900 to jb3 manifest tonight. You guys should have a 4.3 build tomorrow.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    Updated 4.2.2 builds posted just now. We had some linaro build issues yesterday and some stuff got built with the google compiler. Today's build is full linaro and contains the new Carbon kernel by morfic and kejar.
    4.4 test build http://d-h.st/pOK Use your 4.4 gapps of choice. Same device specific bugs in sbrissens CM11 or my own PA 4.4 builds are present here also. On initial flash, setup wizard will try and activate your mobile data. Ignore and skip through, your data is actually fine. Enjoy! A new thread will come soon enough :)