FORUMS

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

Droid Turbo Lollipop OTA, 2015 Moto G Leaked – XDA TV

Android Lollipop for the Droid Turbo has been released. That and much more … more

[Kernel][Sense 4] crpalmer | August 25, 2013

2,325 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,971
 
By crpalmer, Senior Member on 7th February 2013, 11:36 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
7th February 2013, 11:32 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Re: [Kernel] [Linaro] [Linux 3.4.29] Version 1.0.0 - Feb 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangechoochoo

Nice to see another kernel to choose from, I will give it a shot this weekend. Will you eventually put any you tweaks? Also, can this be flashed with FlashGui?

just tried, flashgui won't even let you flash it. Gotta wait till I get home I guess!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to icesteve For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
7th February 2013, 11:37 PM |#12  
orangechoochoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Beating up dumbbells
Thanks Meter: 685
 
More
Thanks for giving it a shot.
8th February 2013, 12:09 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,971
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Kernel] [Linaro] [Linux 3.4.29] Version 1.0.0 - Feb 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by codezzie

Very nice, does this have the latest changes that were just removed from elkays kernel? Also, could you add the lionheart gov?

I looked at elkays changes and it removes a background task that encourages a USB device to power down. This may or may not be a good thing. I'll see how elkay's testing goes before I pull in the change. If it goes well, I'll give it a try.
8th February 2013, 12:12 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,971
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Kernel] [Linaro] [Linux 3.4.29] Version 1.0.0 - Feb 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangechoochoo

Nice to see another kernel to choose from, I will give it a shot this weekend. Will you eventually put any you tweaks? Also, can this be flashed with FlashGui?

What tweaks? It.already has a lot of improvements...

Any idea what flashgui accepts as input?
8th February 2013, 12:31 AM |#15  
orangechoochoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Beating up dumbbells
Thanks Meter: 685
 
More
I didn't see any mention of gpu tweaks so I didn't want to make assumptions, hence my question.

EDIT: I just noticed my autocorrect changed "gpu" to "you" in my post you responded to.
8th February 2013, 12:59 AM |#16  
matteebee's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 279
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Kernel] [Linaro] [Linux 3.4.29] Version 1.0.0 - Feb 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by crpalmer


Any idea what flashgui accepts as input?

Flashgui worked for me. Renamed file to "boot.img" and ignored the warnings. I like living on the edge. Booted up and shows this kernel version. Thanks for this.

Stay thirsty, my friends
8th February 2013, 01:04 AM |#17  
pio_masaki's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Surprise, Az
Thanks Meter: 3,665
 
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Kernel] [Linaro] [Linux 3.4.29] Version 1.0.0 - Feb 7
Had a glitch with it already, phone was sleeping, got a message on gtalk and it locked full on vibration, blinking the led, wouldn't wake up and eventually rebooted after maybe 10 seconds. I've had this happen on one of the dsb kernels too, I think. Wiped caches again, hasn't occurred again so far.

Happened not 10 minutes after flashing it so I'm chalking it up to kernel making itself at home, just a note that it happened.

Edit: just rebooted again getting an email notification, UKB 1.3. Seems I can't receive a notification while the phone is sleeping or it jams up and reboots.

Sent from my HTC DNA
Last edited by pio_masaki; 8th February 2013 at 01:19 AM.
8th February 2013, 01:15 AM |#18  
Senior Member
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Re: [Kernel] [Linaro] [Linux 3.4.29] Version 1.0.0 - Feb 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteebee

Flashgui worked for me. Renamed file to "boot.img" and ignored the warnings. I like living on the edge. Booted up and shows this kernel version. Thanks for this.

Stay thirsty, my friends

Just did the same thing, was coming back to edit my last post lol

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to icesteve For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2013, 01:27 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,971
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pio_masaki

Had a glitch with it already, phone was sleeping, got a message on gtalk and it locked full on vibration, blinking the led, wouldn't wake up and eventually rebooted after maybe 10 seconds. I've had this happen on one of the dsb kernels too, I think. Wiped caches again, hasn't occurred again so far.

Happened not 10 minutes after flashing it so I'm chalking it up to kernel making itself at home, just a note that it happened.

Edit: just rebooted again getting an email notification, UKB 1.3. Seems I can't receive a notification while the phone is sleeping or it jams up and reboots.

Sent from my HTC DNA

After it reboots, can you try to get a log with

adb shell cat /proc/last_kmsg > last_kmsg.txt

and send a link to the last_kmsg.txt file?
8th February 2013, 01:41 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,971
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangechoochoo

I didn't see any mention of gpu tweaks so I didn't want to make assumptions, hence my question.

EDIT: I just noticed my autocorrect changed "gpu" to "you" in my post you responded to.

Ah, that makes more sense... I'm planning on including dsb's changes to any overclocking, etc. but I don't have the knowledge to tweak these settings myself.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes