OP crpalmer

8th February 2013, 02:55 AM   |  #21  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Surprise, Az
Thanks Meter: 3,652

4,568 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [Kernel] [Linaro] [Linux 3.4.29] Version 1.0.0 - Feb 7 / Bluetooth test version 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by crpalmer

After it reboots, can you try to get a log with

adb shell cat /proc/last_kmsg > last_kmsg.txt

and send a link to the last_kmsg.txt file?

Yeah if it happens again I'll grab it, its not happening now and I've gotten plenty of messages and email since, it may still just be settling in.

Sent from my HTC DNA
8th February 2013, 03:51 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 82

624 posts
A challenger appears

What kind of battery life are we getting on this bad boy?

So if benchmarks are laughable, how do we quantify if X change improves performance or not? Seat of the pants "I just can tell" measurements are not the way to go.
9th February 2013, 09:25 PM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,727

1,846 posts
Donate to Me
Re: [Kernel] [Linaro] [Linux 3.4.29] Version 1.0.0 - Feb 7 / Bluetooth test version 1
Unfortunately, I think you really have to try it and see how it works for you. I left my phone off charger all night and had a 8% over 9 hours loss. I've had the phone sitting in my pocket for an hour in mediocre cell coverage during the middle of a business day and lost 8%.

The only definitive things I can say are that my hot-plug driver drops to a single core when the screen shuts off (and disables uself) and the thermal throttling driver I wrote disables itself when the screen is off. Those help but your environment matters more....
9th February 2013, 10:36 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 280

775 posts
More
Battery life is great on this kernel.

sent from my ViperDNA
10th February 2013, 02:21 AM   |  #25  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Surprise, Az

4,568 posts
Donate to Me
More
It was giving me pretty good life but that was offset by random reboots sucking up battery, when I have time to be unstable again I'll grab logs but for now I can't afford it to be locking up and rebooting. Seems its just me having this issue so my phone just may not like this kernel, not worth it to change anything, just to bad because I do like it otherwise.

Sent from my HTC DNA
10th February 2013, 02:43 AM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member

1,846 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by pio_masaki

It was giving me pretty good life but that was offset by random reboots sucking up battery, when I have time to be unstable again I'll grab logs but for now I can't afford it to be locking up and rebooting. Seems its just me having this issue so my phone just may not like this kernel, not worth it to change anything, just to bad because I do like it otherwise.

Let me know when you have a log. Did you change any settings from the defaults?
10th February 2013, 03:22 AM   |  #27  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Surprise, Az

4,568 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crpalmer

Let me know when you have a log. Did you change any settings from the defaults?

Nope just flashed it and let it ride after wiping caches. I forgot to grab it the last time and opted instead to wipe clean and start over or I'd have it already. I generally consider any bugs a kernel displays as settling in for the first 24 hours, this persisted for about 30 when it rebooted mid call and promoted a full wipe and start over. It would go all night and not reboot that I was aware of, but in normal use would go max 3 hours, sometimes 10 minutes, it was hard to figure out, it seemed to only happen while sleeping and getting a notification, email, gtalk, etc. Then it happened during a call.

Again its not a big deal as I seem to be the only one with these issues so its probably more likely my device or setup causing it.

Sent from my HTC DNA
10th February 2013, 07:19 PM   |  #28  
OP Senior Member

1,846 posts
Donate to Me
New versions posted (1.0.2 and 1.1.2).

For those that downloaded the bluetooth modified version. Any feedback on whether it seemed to make things better, worse or not noticeably different?
11th February 2013, 07:25 PM   |  #29  
Thanks Meter: 10

59 posts
Forgive my ignorance...but what would be major differences between this rom and DSB's....
11th February 2013, 07:54 PM   |  #30  
Flag SD
Thanks Meter: 768

2,327 posts
Donate to Me
Re: [Kernel] [Linaro] [Linux 3.4.29] Version 1.0.2 / Bluetooth test 1.1.2 - Feb 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheousrx

Forgive my ignorance...but what would be major differences between this KERNEL and DSB's....

FTFY

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread