Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

Track the Time You Waste on Social Media with Socials Addict

When you use your phone, you often don’t even realize how much time you … more

Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Do Stock Kindle Apps work on other devices? Answer: No.

OP modmatt

7th February 2013, 07:56 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

38 posts
Hi folks,

i just googled my ass off, thinking someone must have had the same idea that I just came up with. Unfortunately to no avail.

Is it possible to run some of the stock kindle apps on other devices?

The reason I'm askin is that I just saw my dad usin his KFHD7 calendar application and I liked it better than any other calendar app I've seen for Android.

Could anyone provide me with an apk? Does the kindle even use APKs for its stock apps? My father is unfortunately not a root-guy, so I cannot get the files from him. I'd really like to try it on my Asus tablet and on my HTC One X which both have similar display resolutions.

Thank you very much in advance guys, really appreciate your efforts.

EDIT, see below: Answer is No. Apps do FC instantly. Please close topic
Last edited by modmatt; 7th February 2013 at 09:25 PM.
7th February 2013, 08:32 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 256

1,573 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by modmatt

Hi folks,

i just googled my ass off, thinking someone must have had the same idea that I just came up with. Unfortunately to no avail.

Is it possible to run some of the stock kindle apps on other devices?

The reason I'm askin is that I just saw my dad usin his KFHD7 calendar application and I liked it better than any other calendar app I've seen for Android.

Could anyone provide me with an apk? Does the kindle even use APKs for its stock apps? My father is unfortunately not a root-guy, so I cannot get the files from him. I'd really like to try it on my Asus tablet and on my HTC One X which both have similar display resolutions.

Thank you very much in advance guys, really appreciate your efforts.

i simply deleted all my kindle apps, not deleted, moved to sd card them all and backuped them all without anty problem, my tablet work without them, but i think they dont work for other devices
7th February 2013, 08:36 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 159

493 posts
Don't know but I've zipped up a few (Calendar & Email) if you want to test them, not sure if they rely on other resources or APKs?

http://www.mediafire.com/?8zfxhb8v94j5cra
The Following User Says Thank You to Gilly10 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2013, 08:38 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

38 posts
@persano: I'm afraid I don't really get what you're trying to bring across - are you saying you backuped your kindle-apks and could provide me with the calendar? I'm not sure...

No offence intended - might be a langauge thing...

edit: @Gilly10: Thanks, I'll try them out right away!!
edit2: Jeeeezz, seems as if my provider is slowing down media fire on purpose. couldn't even load the webpage on my pc. had to use my phone to get there. now the download of 10ish mb is taking ages. i hate it. 81% and pending /rant
Last edited by modmatt; 7th February 2013 at 08:45 PM.
7th February 2013, 09:24 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

38 posts
OK. The file finally arrived.
The good thing is: My question's answered now.
The bad thing is: The answer is 'no'.

App FCs instantly, no matter if it's installed by tapping it or if it's put into /system/app with appropriate permissions.

Tried it on an HTC OneX with a custom Jelly Bean Mod. Could install it, couldn't start it.
Tried it on an Asus Transformer TF101 with Stock ICS. Couldn't install it at all (package name already in use).

Thank you for your quick help guys!

Thread can be closed!
7th February 2013, 09:36 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 256

1,573 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by modmatt

@persano: I'm afraid I don't really get what you're trying to bring across - are you saying you backuped your kindle-apks and could provide me with the calendar? I'm not sure...

No offence intended - might be a langauge thing...

edit: @Gilly10: Thanks, I'll try them out right away!!
edit2: Jeeeezz, seems as if my provider is slowing down media fire on purpose. couldn't even load the webpage on my pc. had to use my phone to get there. now the download of 10ish mb is taking ages. i hate it. 81% and pending /rant

no no and no, i said that my kinlde work without them but other device wont work with them,
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread