Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,607 Members 52,220 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hello everyone. I have a question for you. What was the first phone you rooted?

Tip us?

daman7676
Old
Thanks Meter 10
OG EVO

feyrune
Old
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Hello everyone. I have a question for you. What was the first phone you rooted?

Took me a couple months to build up the courage to do it, but it started with an HTC Hero... And then every phone I could get my hands on after it. Everyone's phone. Nothing is safe around me. Turn your back and you'll be wondering what that SU app is.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to feyrune For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CNexus
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13286

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Hello everyone. I have a question for you. What was the first phone you rooted?

First rooted phone was an evo shift on 2.3.3, and then later the same phone (but a replacement) on 2.3.4

Didn't take me too long to decide to root, I rooted about a week after I learned what root was

Sent from my PG06100
Sign up for the new Copy file storage service with this link and get both of us an extra 5 GB!
Or sign up for Dropbox with this link and we can both grab some extra storage!

The Following User Says Thank You to CNexus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BubZX
Old
Thanks Meter 156

Epic 4g

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

styles420
Old
Thanks Meter 1252

I rooted my OG Epic from the command line using adb commands - I downloaded all of the files and read every guide I could find a couple days in advance, but I hadn't found XDA or the one-click packages yet (it was the Epic's release week, so the scripts might not have existed yet).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
"What is this?! When does this happen in the movie?!"

"Now, sir. You're looking at now - everything that's happening now, is happening now."

Race2Speed
Old
Thanks Meter 5

The G1 (HTC Dream) which was the first Android phone.
Race2Speed "Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary..that's what gets you."

Current Devices:
Microsoft Surface Pro 128GB, Samsung Galaxy S3 / CleanBean v4.2 MD4 4.1.2
Prior Devices: Samsung Galaxy S2 (Epic Touch 4G), HTC Evo 4G, Samsung Epic 4G, HTC MT3G/Magic, HTC G1/Dream

Flint420
Old
Thanks Meter 33

HTC touch. Ran rooted Android on windows mobile phone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

wuestsider
Old
Thanks Meter 41

HTC Hero (Sprint)... However, out of all the Android phones I've owned, the GS3 is the first phone I haven't rooted. Haven't felt the need to root this one.

WUESTSIDER X!!
Sent with my Mighty GALAXY S3!

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-
Old
Thanks Meter 3494

DONATE TO ME

Palm treo 600, lol

I like to break stuff!

masaidjet
Old
Thanks Meter 468

OG Epic 4G

I miss my baby

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app