This is why we can't have nice things

Tip us?

Shibby87
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Default Re: This is why we can't have nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsumeikuro View Post
Today's society sucks true facts. People will always feel they are entitled to everything even when it's from the kindness of others and exploit it. Sad really, and this is why people no longer like to help.
Ahh I miss the good ole days when rooting meant hours of research and careful planning, hardly anyone was modding their phones because it seemed to complicated, now we have these one click root methods that streamline the process, but with convienence comes idiots who think they know everything because they can download an app and touch a button.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shibby87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Neverendingxsin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibby87 View Post
Ahh I miss the good ole days when rooting meant hours of research and careful planning, hardly anyone was modding their phones because it seemed to complicated, now we have these one click root methods that streamline the process, but with convienence comes idiots who think they know everything because they can download an app and touch a button.

You know you're right. As much as i love these one click root methods, the downside to them is you get people using them who have no idea what it does, or what they are doing. And then when they have an issue, they are completely lost due to lack of knowledge. Which is confusing, because if you spend 200$+ on a single phone, you would think that they'd wanna know what they are doing to it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Neverendingxsin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

luis86dr
Old
Thanks Meter 1590

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360799903362.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	1727826  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to luis86dr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

guyandhisdog
Old
Thanks Meter 84
IMO, if people are going to post work on an open forum, they need to understand that a) most people don't know each other here b) it is a thankless job sometimes
While most people understand the countless hours of work put into development, many others are only concerned with themselves and with their phones and their problems.

I think when people close their threads, that's obviously a personal decision. But I also think they may have opened a thread with intent to shut it down, a matter of when not if. And that's OK with me. But you cannot enter into a public forum where you are giving your work away for free and demand a certain level of respect. I mean, you can, but some people will never oblige.

On a final note, I'd like to draw a parallel of my career to the OP. I teach in a public school where the majority of students are on welfare, get free food, free buses, free transportation, and free books. They absolutely destroy the free things, and do not value them. It is often times a thankless job. But many have shiny new cell phones, new clothes, and fancy Beats headphones. Hmmm..... My determination is that people immediately value things they pay for and automatically do not value (as much or at all) things that are free.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guyandhisdog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Real_JESRadio
Old
Thanks Meter 311

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyandhisdog View Post
IMO, if people are going to post work on an open forum, they need to understand that a) most people don't know each other here b) it is a thankless job sometimes
While most people understand the countless hours of work put into development, many others are only concerned with themselves and with their phones and their problems.

I think when people close their threads, that's obviously a personal decision. But I also think they may have opened a thread with intent to shut it down, a matter of when not if. And that's OK with me. But you cannot enter into a public forum where you are giving your work away for free and demand a certain level of respect. I mean, you can, but some people will never oblige.

On a final note, I'd like to draw a parallel of my career to the OP. I teach in a public school where the majority of students are on welfare, get free food, free buses, free transportation, and free books. They absolutely destroy the free things, and do not value them. It is often times a thankless job. But many have shiny new cell phones, new clothes, and fancy Beats headphones. Hmmm..... My determination is that people immediately value things they pay for and automatically do not value (as much or at all) things that are free.
+1

Active device: Sprint Note 3

Said Goodbye to:

VZW Galaxy Note 2
Sprint LG G2
VZW Galaxy Note 3
VZW Galaxy SIII
VZW Droid Bionic
VZW Droid X
Sprint HTC EVO
The Following User Says Thank You to Real_JESRadio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod
Thanks Meter 23796

DONATE TO ME
Thread cleaned
Everyone who knows me knows I do not tolerate profanity in ANY form, name calling or disrespect
Please add users to your ignore lists or just plain ignore them
Report rule violations and wait for a moderator to handle it
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KennyG123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tbodner
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Love this thread....

just thought it reminded me of how many times I see someone asking "can we dirty flash this" anytime a new update to a ROM is released....

I personally took about 2 weeks to decide to commit to rooting, unlocking and customizing my phone...research....comes in handy
The Following User Says Thank You to tbodner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

imaconeheadXD
Old
Thanks Meter 945

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbodner View Post
Love this thread....

just thought it reminded me of how many times I see someone asking "can we dirty flash this" anytime a new update to a ROM is released....

I personally took about 2 weeks to decide to commit to rooting, unlocking and customizing my phone...research....comes in handy
That's it? Man I took 4 months of research and videos and articles until I attempted rooting my first phone (Samsung Moment), and even then I had my tech savvy friend watching me do it. On SDX I didn't need to make a single post for any of my issues, I searched and fixed it myself with advice from everyone else and everyone was happy. Now if everyone could just do that, there wouldn't need to be threads like this, though I am glad the OP decided to make this here thread

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Feel free to PM me if you need some help! I'll do the best I can!
Help me get more storage and you get 20 gigs for life free! https://copy.com?r=cTvvSj

Neverendingxsin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbodner View Post
Love this thread....

I'll admit even i sometimes ask about dirty flashing when a new update is released, because sometimes a developer will recommend it so its good to know But nowadays i only clean flash if i'm coming from a different rom, its a base update, or i'm already having issues.

Obaterista93
Old
Thanks Meter 864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverendingxsin View Post
I'll admit even i sometimes ask about dirty flashing when a new update is released, because sometimes a developer will recommend it so its good to know But nowadays i only clean flash if i'm coming from a different rom, its a base update, or i'm already having issues.
But I bet you also don't dirty flash, then complain to the developer when you have issues. Personally, I dirty flash more than I probably should. But if I ever have issues I go back and clean flash and try and reproduce before reporting them. I can't even tell you the number of times I've had to tell people not to complain about issues if they're dirty flashing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium