FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Request for a little help: MTP ProductIDs

8th February 2013, 08:33 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,044
 
More
Can anyone on a JB OTA sense rom gather some info regarding USB MTP for me? I need the Hardware ID for it to implement MTP support (optional!) in AOSP based ROMs. The information is very simple to gather:

I just need someone with Windows and a JB OTA sense rom installed to
* Plug in your phone via USB
* Mount your USB Storage
* Right-click your MTP device in Device Manager, choose Properties
* Go to Details tab, and choose "Hardware IDs" out of the dropdown box.
* Paste the PID_#### here.

Please do this with USB debugging enabled, and then repeat with USB debugging disabled.

Thanks.

EDIT: Request fulfilled, thanks RockR172.
Last edited by mdmower; 12th February 2013 at 07:23 PM.
 
 
8th February 2013, 10:16 PM |#2  
Goatshocker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 416
 
More
I cant help you, but I have to ask...
WHAT IN GODS NAME have you been smoking to even consider adding MTP support!? Its such a pathetic excuse for a file transfer protocol the original maker should be ashamed of himself.
The Following User Says Thank You to Goatshocker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2013, 10:21 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,044
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatshocker

I cant help you, but I have to ask...
WHAT IN GODS NAME have you been smoking to even consider adding MTP support!? Its such a pathetic excuse for a file transfer protocol the original maker should be ashamed of himself.

Please read this wiki under the heading Prerequisites > Full hardware support. Though this device is in CM already, complying with this rule is still an objective.
8th February 2013, 10:24 PM |#4  
Goatshocker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 416
 
More



Okay, I change my "question" to: WHAT IN GODS NAME have the CM devs been smoking to come up with that rule.

Everyone should refuse to use MTP to show the world that ITS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE PROTOCOL!

... But thats just what I think..
8th February 2013, 10:25 PM |#5  
Darknites's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,524
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatshocker




Okay, I change my "question" to: WHAT IN GODS NAME have the CM devs been smoking to come up with that rule.

Everyone should refuse to use MTP to show the world that ITS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE PROTOCOL!

... But thats just what I think..

Don't see the issue he did say it be optional.
8th February 2013, 10:28 PM |#6  
Goatshocker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 416
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknites

Don't see the issue he did say it be optional.


Just me raging a bit.
I know he said optional, thats not the issue. The issue is the feature is there at all
9th February 2013, 10:11 PM |#7  
blackwing182's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Naranjito P.R
Thanks Meter: 2,791
 
More
Re: MTP ProductIDs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatshocker

Just me raging a bit.
I know he said optional, thats not the issue. The issue is the feature is there at all

is more faster than normal usb mode

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2
10th February 2013, 07:08 AM |#8  
Goatshocker's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 416
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwing182

is more faster than normal usb mode

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2


... Are you implying MTP is faster than USBMS? What have YOU been smoking?
MTP is around 10x slower than USBMS, 5x slower than Quick ADB through USB and 4x slower than Quick ADB through wifi...
10th February 2013, 07:39 AM |#9  
Darknites's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,524
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatshocker

... Are you implying MTP is faster than USBMS? What have YOU been smoking?
MTP is around 10x slower than USBMS, 5x slower than Quick ADB through USB and 4x slower than Quick ADB through wifi...

Don't forget what he said here about the speed lol.
11th February 2013, 07:16 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,044
 
More
I will bump this just once in hopes that someone posts a useful reply. The information is quite simple to gather.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes