Tip us?

xonone
Old
Thanks Meter 36
I back the Ouya for a few reasons:

-Its a good and cheap gaming systems for kids and adults alike

-Good media device for watching netflix, hulu, etc without a pc

-Its portable (compared to next gen consoles / pc) and easy to set up it seems

Hopefully we could see some good games at the release.
Devices:

Google (LG) Nexus 5
-Cataclysm ROM
-Stock Modded Kernel
-AT&T Active

SCH-I925U Note 10.1 4g LTE
-Stock MD1 Odex // Kali Linux
-Stock Kernel
-Network speed tweaks (PewPEW 4g speeds)

Samsung Ativ Tab 3
-Windows 8 Pro (x86 - 32 Bit)
-Kali Linux
-NOT RT!

Mysticales
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Hrm I never did check on this... Tho Im "pretty sure" it should work since this is designed to be rooted. CIFS support. I mean if I can access my NAS/Media Share stuff... and play videos and so.. woot. I could save alot of wear and tear on my PS3! Bonus thought for me and that would be used alot more lol. (Now if only I had a remote for Ouya)
~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~
Galaxy S4 (At&t) - Stock 4.3 Rooted
Dell Streak 7 - Streakdroid R8
Ouya - (and my review)

lovekeiiy
Old
Thanks Meter 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticales View Post
... Is that we KS people.. didnt get a discount on the Ouya.. its the same as "preorder" price for everyone else.. which does make me feel lil cheated.. We backed the project, but didnt get any perks for the normal order.
technically speaking, the perk is early access. If everything goes to plan, we'll be getting it in March. The other people may have to wait till June. Ouya said KS backers would get it before anyone else, which appears they will be holding up.

Mysticales
Old
Thanks Meter 89
We shall see, It could also mean we KS people get to bug report this out or find flaws that are fixed before people like Gamestop (who has it for preorder now) get it and cause bigger issues if things go wrong.
~Battlez-avec la Mystique?~
Galaxy S4 (At&t) - Stock 4.3 Rooted
Dell Streak 7 - Streakdroid R8
Ouya - (and my review)

crawlgsx
Old
Thanks Meter 267

DONATE TO ME
I backed it! Can't wait to get it. For me it is not really filling any roles, but I think it will be a fun addition!
Chris D.
AT&T | HTC One M8
Previously - LG G2, Nexus 5, HTC One, BB Z10, Note II, Nexus 4, Nokia Lumia 920, ATT GS3, Note N7000, Skyrocket, Infuse 4g, Inspire 4g , Atrix 4g, iPhone 4, iPhone 3gs, iPhone, HTC 8525, many dumb-phones.

m1s73r
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I backed one quite late, but I think I'll give it a try. I like Android very much and I like the games too. Did anyone actually paid more to receive the black version? I think the normal looks better...

RobKort
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Re: Who Here Back The Ouya?

Did, and awaiting my unit to get here.

.........TPT'd From my SGS3

Unalive3
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I, after a persuading conversation with a buddy, backed it. I am sure it will fail (or at least not even dent wii/xbox/ps3 sales) as a home console, but running emus and custom roms was what I was excited about. I mean $100 is not too bad and hopefully they'll have a couple of great games and maybe some entertainment apps like Netflix to make even more worthwhile.

lui8906
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah to be honest, the gaming part of it I don't even find particularly exciting. Maybe some of the emulators which are sure to be released.

ghostofdavid
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticales View Post
Hrm I never did check on this... Tho Im "pretty sure" it should work since this is designed to be rooted. CIFS support. I mean if I can access my NAS/Media Share stuff... and play videos and so.. woot. I could save alot of wear and tear on my PS3! Bonus thought for me and that would be used alot more lol. (Now if only I had a remote for Ouya)
I wish I had this. My Gen 1 PS3 just died. Ugh. Lost all my backwards compatibility.