Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 41,548 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ouya vs Nvidia Shield

Tip us?

Windiddy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Ouya vs Nvidia Shield

I personally think that Nvidia shield is better than this one. With the shield, you can stream your PC games on it.
With Kind Regards:

Windiddy (DroidDiddy)

Bongiuz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windiddy View Post
I personally think that Nvidia shield is better than this one. With the shield, you can stream your PC games on it.
Well, i agree with you. Remember that you' ll need an NVIDIA graphics card to do that "magic" trick
The Following User Says Thank You to Bongiuz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Windiddy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongiuz View Post
Well, i agree with you. Remember that you' ll need an NVIDIA graphics card to do that "magic" trick
Yes I need NVIDIA graphic card in the PC tower.
With Kind Regards:

Windiddy (DroidDiddy)

matatouille96
Old
Thanks Meter 5
for me, streaming steam games isnt the deciding factor...it 's that project shield has tegra 4 which is claimed to be 2.5x faster than ouya 's tegra 3 with 45% less power consumption AND that a new version of ouya will be available by next year....all that aside, i believe project shield is a lot more portable than ouya...unless you manage to link ouya to your phone 's screen or something, you 're gonna need an actual screen .-.

nessonic
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Why would I want to stream games? I'd need the hardware in my PC to do so and at that point...why am I not gaming on my gaming desktop? The logic doesn't follow with that at all.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nessonic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigd5783
Old
Thanks Meter 21
youre trying to compair a 100$ tv connected box with a 500$ handheld system. Its like compairing the wii from yesteryear to the psvita. Two completely different things. The ouya will be powerfull enough to do basic things but supposedly there will be a better one next year with the new Tegra chipset.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bigd5783 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Malnoth
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd5783 View Post
youre trying to compair a 100$ tv connected box with a 500$ handheld system. Its like compairing the wii from yesteryear to the psvita. Two completely different things. The ouya will be powerfull enough to do basic things but supposedly there will be a better one next year with the new Tegra chipset.
Exactly! For me my android phone and Bluetooth controller are good enough for "mobile gaming". The ouya will make a good xbmc streaming device. But that's about all I'll use it for.

bee55
Old
Thanks Meter 11
The Tegra 3 in the OUYA is going to be more powerful than the ones found in mobile devices because that there is no power constraint.
The Following User Says Thank You to bee55 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shiero
Old
Thanks Meter 7
are two different devices too ...
The Following User Says Thank You to Shiero For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dibblebill
Old
(Last edited by dibblebill; 10th February 2013 at 05:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee55 View Post
The Tegra 3 in the OUYA is going to be more powerful than the ones found in mobile devices because that there is no power constraint.
Irrelevant. Project Shield has a Tegra 4. If it were, say, Ouya to Transformer TF300 or another comparable Tegra 3 device, would be relevant.
Lord of the Snarkô
ROM's:
Tempest [OmniROM] 4.4 (Manta) (m7att)