Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Ouya vs Nvidia Shield

OP Windiddy

10th February 2013, 01:29 PM   |  #11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
145 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibblebill

Irrelevant. Project Shield has a Tegra 4. If it were, say, Ouya to Transformer TF300 or another comparable Tegra 3 device, would be relevant.

Fully relevant with people talking about the Tegra 4 delivering 2.5 times the performance of Tegra 3. It won't.
10th February 2013, 01:42 PM   |  #12  
TouchscreenLover1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Weinstadt
Thanks Meter: 364
 
988 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
AW: Ouya vs Nvidia Shield
New i think if i would have to decide nvidia project shield and Ouya i would take the project shield

Send From my Acer Iconia Tab A210 With James Rom 3.0
10th February 2013, 03:52 PM   |  #13  
dibblebill's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Raleigh, NC
Thanks Meter: 667
 
1,442 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bee55

Fully relevant with people talking about the Tegra 4 delivering 2.5 times the performance of Tegra 3. It won't.

I geuss we'll have to wait for end-user benchmarks and test to see for sure :S

I got an Ouya because I'd rather drop $500 on a Nexus device and have a separate media/HD Game device for the TV than spend $500 on one that does both.
10th February 2013, 07:59 PM   |  #14  
mancur's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dibblebill

I geuss we'll have to wait for end-user benchmarks and test to see for sure :S

I got an Ouya because I'd rather drop $500 on a Nexus device and have a separate media/HD Game device for the TV than spend $500 on one that does both.

Just for reference, the Ouya uses the highest-end Tegra 3 (T33), which by comparison, is clocked significantly faster than the version inside the Nexus 7.

Ouya clock speed relative to Nexus 7 (Tegra 3):

CPU: +33%
GPU: +25%
RAM: +20%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegra

It's no where near a Tegra 4, but with XBMC it should handle virtually any 1080P 24fps video you throw at it, which is why I really want it. The games are a bonus.
11th February 2013, 12:59 AM   |  #15  
dibblebill's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Raleigh, NC
Thanks Meter: 667
 
1,442 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancur

Just for reference, the Ouya uses the highest-end Tegra 3 (T33), which by comparison, is clocked significantly faster than the version inside the Nexus 7.

Ouya clock speed relative to Nexus 7 (Tegra 3):

CPU: +33%
GPU: +25%
RAM: +20%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegra

It's no where near a Tegra 4, but with XBMC it should handle virtually any 1080P 24fps video you throw at it, which is why I really want it. The games are a bonus.

Yeah, I knew it was significantly faster than teh Tegra 3 tablets, but the claim was that it would be superior to the Tegra 4 speeds... I believe it'll be fantastic for Tegra 3.
11th February 2013, 05:39 PM   |  #16  
Wenzo2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
198 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
uoya is the best
11th February 2013, 06:46 PM   |  #17  
fiktion's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pasadena, TX
Thanks Meter: 13
 
343 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd5783

youre trying to compair a 100$ tv connected box with a 500$ handheld system. Its like compairing the wii from yesteryear to the psvita. Two completely different things. The ouya will be powerfull enough to do basic things but supposedly there will be a better one next year with the new Tegra chipset.

Or SNES to GameBoy.

Still, though, I'd like to have both. Simply for the reason that one is on-the-go gaming, and one is console gaming.
12th February 2013, 08:56 AM   |  #18  
One-M8-Master's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hannover
Thanks Meter: 2,632
 
7,426 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongiuz

Well, i agree with you. Remember that you' ll need an NVIDIA graphics card to do that "magic" trick

in some weeks there will be a streaming service available with which you don't need any nvidia graphics card in the pc...just a tegra 3/4 device and you can play pc games also on android devices
12th February 2013, 11:45 AM   |  #19  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
You can also stream games from your pc to ouya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15HZjm-KWCg
12th February 2013, 12:16 PM   |  #20  
One-M8-Master's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hannover
Thanks Meter: 2,632
 
7,426 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
AW: Ouya vs Nvidia Shield
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindylove

You can also stream games from your pc to ouya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15HZjm-KWCg

Yes because of splashtop or demo version of nvidias streaming service or so

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes