Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Trident Aegis cheap?

9th February 2013, 06:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 229

1,357 posts
More
Anybody know where I can pick up a black one for cheap? Cheapest I found was $19.95. Trying to save some money. I just want it for work because my main case is going to be the UAG scout. Thanks

Sent from a galaxy note 2 far far away...
9th February 2013, 08:08 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2,078

2,795 posts
Why not keep UAG as the only case? It will offer both style and protection, all around the day. Also, keep in mind, no matter how great UAG is going to be (I'm waiting for Navigator as well), taking it on'n'off every single day along with an alternative case will wear it's off sooner or later. A cheaper and more flexible TPU case will have a greater longevity, but obviously less protection. I'm just guessing UAG will be more rigid and after constant on and off might form cracks.

Regarding Trident, $19 is probably the best you can get until Note 3 is released, unless if they are slow sellers and have special one-day promo deal.

Since you are saying you trying to save money, I would just stick to one case
The Following User Says Thank You to vectron For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2013, 08:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 229

1,357 posts
More
Re: Trident Aegis cheap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectron

Why not keep UAG as the only case? It will offer both style and protection, all around the day. Also, keep in mind, no matter how great UAG is going to be (I'm waiting for Navigator as well), taking it on'n'off every single day along with an alternative case will wear it's off sooner or later. A cheaper and more flexible TPU case will have a greater longevity, but obviously less protection. I'm just guessing UAG will be more rigid and after constant on and off might form cracks.

Regarding Trident, $19 is probably the best you can get until Note 3 is released, unless if they are slow sellers and have special one-day promo deal.

Since you are saying you trying to save money, I would just stick to one case

True about the taking it on and off part. I mainly want it because its ridged and has dust covers. I had the commuter but I didnt like it. The Aegis seems like a decent case. So I guess $19 is pretty cheap but I wanted to push it . I will keep in mind your suggestion. I hope to get my UAG next week. It would be a great birthday present to myself

Sent from a galaxy note 2 far far away...
9th February 2013, 11:12 PM   |  #4  
Flag Madrid, Spain
Thanks Meter: 281

1,499 posts
More
May I ask where you got it for 20 bucks?
13th February 2013, 11:10 PM   |  #5  
Flag Madrid, Spain
Thanks Meter: 281

1,499 posts
More
Bump? Where did u get it for 20 bucks
13th February 2013, 11:30 PM   |  #6  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 24

149 posts
Donate to Me
More