Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,176 Members 51,574 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.3.3+] My note's app "Note l!st" v3.7.1

Tip us?

Cubeactive
Old
(Last edited by Cubeactive; 24th August 2014 at 05:07 PM.) Reason: Updated description
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138
Talking [APP][2.3.3+] My note's app "Note l!st" v3.7.1

I Want to share my note's app with you all. It's called Note l!st and is available from the Play store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....qnotelistfree

For anyone who does not have access to Google Play, the app is also available on AndroidPit:
http://www.androidpit.com/en/android...e-list-Notepad

If you like the app please leave a review on Google Play or an other app store.
Thank you all for the great support!

Store description
Quote:
Note l!st is your elegant notepad for Android devices.
With Note l!st's you can quickly write notes, todo items and write down all your ideas and reminders. Use the folder structure to keep all your notes organized. Looking for a simple yet powerful notepad for your Android device, Note l!st is it.

Manage all your notes with ease
• Large notepad for writing notes.
• Optimized for phones and tablets.
• Stores related information like note title and priority.
• Check completed notes.
• Sort notes and folders.
• Organize notes with customizable folders.
• Archive folders.
• Synchronize notes on multiple devices with Google Drive™

Quick access
• Offline access to your notes. (Cloud synchronization with Google Drive™ is optional)
• Add a shortcut to your home screen to quickly create new notes.
• Search notes within title or note content.
• Share notes with friends by e-mail, Google Plus™, Facebook™ or other apps on your device.

More features
• Add reminders to notes.
• Backup/Restore
• Full language support for: English, Dutch, German, Spanish.

Pro upgrade features
• Use Note l!st without ad banners.
• Note widgets.
• Text markup options for note content: Bold, Italic, Underlined, Font color, Highlight color.
• Recent notes folder.
• Calendar view
Any comments, suggestions are welcome.
Thanks!

BEFORE REPLYING ON THIS TOPIC WITH YOUR REQUEST PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING ANSWERS TO MOST REQUESTED FEATURES
Quote:
- Translations
There are currently no plans of extra translations. However if you have offered to translate the app I might get back to you when more languages will be added.

- Access to notes by website and other OS devices like Windows
Due to the cost of hosting a service that would allow access to the notes by a website this feature is not planned in the up coming months.

- Adding photo's / drawings and handwriting
Note l!st is currently focusing on getting the best user experience for writing notes by keyboard.
There are many items that I want to implement before switching the focus on other kind of note taking options.
DEVELOPERS PLEASE READ
Quote:
If you are an Android developer and want to write a widget or other app that communicates with Note l!st, you can use the Note l!st content provider.
The content provider allows you to communicate (read only) with Note l!st and query data from the app.

The data specifications of the content provider can be found at this GitHub project:
Note l!st development library

You will need to add the Note l!st read data permission to your app manifest, this will be visible to the user.
The user also needs to allow third party apps to read data from Note l!st, this is a setting in the preference screen in Note l!st.

If you have published an app that uses the Note l!st content provider, you can join the beta test community on Google+ to test your code before updates get published. Contact me with a link to your app and I will send you an invitation.

For a full explanation on what permissions the app requires and how they are used please read the Note l!st privacy policy:
http://notelist.cubeactive.com/privacy-policy/
The Following 71 Users Say Thank You to Cubeactive For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xriderx66
Old
(Last edited by xriderx66; 9th February 2013 at 09:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1507
WOW, just from looking at the screenshots i'm amazed by how beautiful this app looks.
Will try for sure, thanks dev.

Just curious, does this app backup to google docs or anything?
LOLWUT
Still on Stock Android? I pity you. Get on MIUI.

Cubeactive
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by xriderx66 View Post
WOW, just from looking at the screenshots i'm amazed by how beautiful this app looks.
Will try for sure, thanks dev.

Just curious, does this app backup to google docs or anything?
Thanks!
Currently it's one (local) device only. I'm looking into synchronization and backup options.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cubeactive For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mcluvin1065
Old
Thanks Meter 275
Default Re: [APP][2.2+] My note's app "Note l!st" v2.4

LOOKS AWESOME

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
Want to say thanks? Help me gain more dropbox space!:

https://db.tt/vTRSNxVu

Cubeactive
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcluvin1065 View Post
LOOKS AWESOME

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
Thank you.
I Spend most of the time last months creating the user interface and tablet layout. Now that it's finally done I can focus my attention to adding more features.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cubeactive For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mr.mydoom
Old
Thanks Meter 3

Good app

Sent from my Cynus T2 using xda app-developers app

UnitedOceanic
Old
Thanks Meter 109
can the notes be saved as txt files on the sdcard?
Devices:
  • Google Nexus 4: 4.4.4 Mahdi & Mart1x ➡ daily driver
  • Motorola Milestone: 2.3.7 CM7 ➡ emulator machine & WiFi Drive
  • Sony Ericsson X10 Mini: 4.1.2 PureSlim ➡ Walkman, FM-Radio & WiFi Drive
Don't have Dropbox yet? Get both of us additional 500MB cloud storage free (on top of 2GB) by clicking this referral link!

Cubeactive
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedOceanic View Post
can the notes be saved as txt files on the sdcard?
No there is no backup or restore feature at the moment. I'm thinking on how I want to implement such features. My initial idea was to create my own cloud service. This would give me more options and better synchronization performance. But hosting a service like that cost money and the app only generates a few dollars each month. So if the download numbers do not go up a lot in the up coming weeks it's no option. Therefor I'm now looking into other cloud solutions like synchronizing with dropbox. However this will be less efficient and more limited than running my own service, also users can alter the files on dropbox and break the synchronization. It's not ideal but at the moment it looks like the only way for my to create a synchronization/backup feature.

Other backup features could be saving the notes to the sd card. I Do want to write something like that in the future.

At the moment the only way to export your notes from the app is by using the share function, that way you can save it to a email or text file. But it's one note at the time and you can not read them back into the app.

If anyone has good ideas please let me know, I'm still looking for the best solution.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cubeactive For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

V4lve
Old
Thanks Meter 13

Txt files in Dropbox is a great idea. Being able to edit them elsewhere is a benefit.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using xda app-developers app

oddie95
Old
Thanks Meter 41

is it compatible for Gingerbread Device? since i can't check on Play Store for while

well it would be great for cloud idea, but i do like if you add an option too to make a backup on /sdcard with .txt or something. since in my place, its not everyday you can get Wifi or using internet connection

Sent from my GT-S5830

Tags
android, app, notes