Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,646 Members 47,343 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][2.3.3+] My note's app "Note l!st" v3.6

Tip us?

Der_Kevin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Beautiful! The only thing thats missing is some kind of drawing input. just to save some sketches beside your notes. that would make it perfect.
I would even pay for it with that extra option

immortalneo
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1626
Thumbs up Awesome UI!

I am installing your app now!! From the screenshots I must say its very beautifully designed! Have always wanted a simple holo note taking app!! Thanks a lot! Keep up the good work! Waiting for sync feature..

symbianvn
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Look nice, ill test now
Now im úsing supernote from asus

Salman Babri
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default Re: [APP][2.2+] My note's app "Note l!st" v2.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubeactive View Post
I Know sometimes there is more need for a quick check list instead of marking a whole note as completed. But most of the times people use it to create shopping lists. I Believe there are far better apps that can help out people with their shopping. However there are also people that want to add a check list for other reasons. So I would love to be able to work out something for them. But because it's not a high requested feature it has lower priority. I Can only spend a limited time on development and need to pick my battles. I Did think about it though, and I put it on my wish list for features if I ever have time left.
Actually I would request for the same feature. I don't use it for making shopping lists, rather for educational & financial stuff like marking the chapters I have prepared for a certain subject, payments I've paid of a loan etc. A check box like in ever note would be great. With addition of few more features this app will be able to replace evernotes & any do that I've installed right now.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Nucleotide
Old
Thanks Meter 711

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
It's not something that's on my short list. Mainly because I think it's useless to add a password system if the notes are not encrypted. I Can see people wanting secure storage of notes with encryption. But I'm not that familial with U.S. encryption laws. I Know there are special laws for using encryption in your software. And all apps distributed on Google Play must follow U.S. export laws. So I would first need to investigate these laws more. As you can imagine while there are other issues with more priority it will not be soon.
Encryption aside, what about a basic PIN code upon opening the app? If nothing else, this at least provides some kind of protection, if only very basic.

It's good to see a lot of feature requests coming through but my one hope for this app above all else is that it does remain simple and doesn't eventually become some bloated word processing app - looks at Evernote.

Features like sync (whether it be Dropbox or otherwise), backups, and some basic note formatting (bold, italic, underline) and so on I think are important. I'd hate to see what is currently a brilliant app though turn into another bloated remake of Evernote.

If you want that kind of functionality - adding pictures, drawing, attaching file and sound and so on then use Evernote or one of the many others.

Of course, this is not my app and what the developer does with it is entirely their prerogative.

This is the search box. It is located in the top right of each thread. Learn to use it!

Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: Purity
Kernel: Code_Blue Kernel

Find me on:
- Google+
- Twitter

Cubeactive
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucleotide View Post
Encryption aside, what about a basic PIN code upon opening the app? If nothing else, this at least provides some kind of protection, if only very basic.

It's good to see a lot of feature requests coming through but my one hope for this app above all else is that it does remain simple and doesn't eventually become some bloated word processing app - looks at Evernote.

Features like sync (whether it be Dropbox or otherwise), backups, and some basic note formatting (bold, italic, underline) and so on I think are important. I'd hate to see what is currently a brilliant app though turn into another bloated remake of Evernote.

If you want that kind of functionality - adding pictures, drawing, attaching file and sound and so on then use Evernote or one of the many others.

Of course, this is not my app and what the developer does with it is entirely their prerogative.

Hmmm although you make a point of just adding a pin code would add some sort of protection. I Feel that it would offer a false sense of protection. People might think it would offer protection in case their phone get's lost or stolen. But in reality if the phone is rooted the notes can still be accessed through the data files. I Think there are other apps out there that can lock access to app's by adding a code. I Know this is an extra app that would need to be downloaded but I think in this case it's the best solution. As I mentioned before if I ever would add any feature like this I would want to encrypt the notes to make sure they are as much protected as I can offer. I Hope you understand.

Like you said, adding lot's of features can make a good user interface turn bad. My focus will away's be to give an intuitive interface. I Will try my best to add features and still maintain a good simple (and fast) interface.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cubeactive For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

damage145
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default S pen Support?

Hi Sorry if this has been answered already, But I wanted to know if you have built in S Pen support for the galaxy note 2 in your app?

Nucleotide
Old
Thanks Meter 711

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hmmm although you make a point of just adding a pin code would add some sort of protection. I Feel that it would offer a false sense of protection. People might think it would offer protection in case their phone get's lost or stolen. But in reality if the phone is rooted the notes can still be accessed through the data files. I Think there are other apps out there that can lock access to app's by adding a code. I Know this is an extra app that would need to be downloaded but I think in this case it's the best solution. As I mentioned before if I ever would add any feature like this I would want to encrypt the notes to make sure they are as much protected as I can offer. I Hope you understand.

Like you said, adding lot's of features can make a good user interface turn bad. My focus will away's be to give an intuitive interface. I Will try my best to add features and still maintain a good simple (and fast) interface.
Completely understandable. It's good that you want to thoroughly implement the security side of it and do it correctly rather then just whipping together some half-baked solution.

This is the search box. It is located in the top right of each thread. Learn to use it!

Phone: Nexus 5
ROM: Purity
Kernel: Code_Blue Kernel

Find me on:
- Google+
- Twitter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nucleotide For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lordgoata
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
If I would make a synchronization feature for Dropbox/Drive it will save all notes in a folder: Android/packagename. So as long as other Android apps also use the Android folder it should not clutter your storage much. I Know most just save their files in a folder with their package name in the root.
Could you possibly use "Apps/Note List" for Dropbox sync - both AutoRemote and Carbon use that location, and their full name - and I use Android to store other android data on my dropbox account, so it would be a right mess otherwise! Perhaps the option to specify the location would be better as an alternative ?

FWIW, Carbon uses the package name in the root of the Drive folder if you want to keep it consistent with already established apps.

Keep up the great work though!

kaveh-link
Old
Thanks Meter 3
How can we participate in translating the app? I translated an app recently.. its called 'call note'. I'd love to be able to translate Note l!st :]
Detailed Tutorial on how to S-OFF/ROOT/Enable Phone HTC Flyer 3g: http://bit.ly/qR1OmO

Donation Email: Kaveh.Erfani@Gmail.com

Tags
android, app, notes