TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

[Q] Install apps on external storage, CM9

OP babyrammer

9th February 2013, 08:38 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I am running Cyanogenmod 9.1 on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, WiFi IR version. Does anyone definitively know how to run your apps from the external SD card? I have tried numerous workarounds but all have failed to produce any results, I have no idea where the problem even resides. Thanks.
10th February 2013, 02:06 AM   |  #2  
Flag warrington
Thanks Meter: 2,859

3,292 posts
More
Re: [Q] Install apps on external storage, CM9
I've the same problem with directory bind, its an issue with the multi user on the ROMs. The emulated SD card messes everything up I think

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to sawdoctor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2013, 02:25 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 2,559

2,551 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrammer

I am running Cyanogenmod 9.1 on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, WiFi IR version. Does anyone definitively know how to run your apps from the external SD card? I have tried numerous workarounds but all have failed to produce any results, I have no idea where the problem even resides. Thanks.

Have you tried Link2SD?
The Following User Says Thank You to shinobisoft For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2013, 11:46 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
I think you might be right, that seems to be the error I get when I try to use App 2 SD.

I went and got Link 2 SD, followed all the instructions (partitioned my external SD into 2 primary FAT32 parts) and it told me I was able to move apps, but I get error messages whenever I try [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE] which I don't really understand, I have plenty of space.
10th February 2013, 11:57 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Knoxville, TN

2,551 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I think you might be right, that seems to be the error I get when I try to use App 2 SD.

I went and got Link 2 SD, followed all the instructions (partitioned my external SD into 2 primary FAT32 parts) and it told me I was able to move apps, but I get error messages whenever I try [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE] which I don't really understand, I have plenty of space.

Your second partition really needs to be ext3 or ext4. Primary partition fat32
11th February 2013, 02:59 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Root2SD says in its instructions FAT32 should work, which is why I tried that first. When I did EXT3 and EXT4 it told me it couldn't mount it as it isn't compatible with my device :/ I even tried to manually mount it in Clockworkmod but even after that I got the same error messages.
11th February 2013, 03:06 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Knoxville, TN

2,551 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Root2SD says in its instructions FAT32 should work, which is why I tried that first. When I did EXT3 and EXT4 it told me it couldn't mount it as it isn't compatible with my device :/ I even tried to manually mount it in Clockworkmod but even after that I got the same error messages.

What are you using to partition your sdcard with? Hopefully not CWM. If you are, try TWRP instread. There is also a Windows tool "Mini Partition" I think that is also recommended for that task.
11th February 2013, 03:20 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Actually I was just using Mini Partition, I saw it recommended somewhere else.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread