XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Install apps on external storage, CM9

Tip us?

babyrammer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Install apps on external storage, CM9

I am running Cyanogenmod 9.1 on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, WiFi IR version. Does anyone definitively know how to run your apps from the external SD card? I have tried numerous workarounds but all have failed to produce any results, I have no idea where the problem even resides. Thanks.

sawdoctor
Old
Thanks Meter 685
Default Re: [Q] Install apps on external storage, CM9

I've the same problem with directory bind, its an issue with the multi user on the ROMs. The emulated SD card messes everything up I think

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to sawdoctor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shinobisoft
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1662

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrammer View Post
I am running Cyanogenmod 9.1 on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, WiFi IR version. Does anyone definitively know how to run your apps from the external SD card? I have tried numerous workarounds but all have failed to produce any results, I have no idea where the problem even resides. Thanks.
Have you tried Link2SD?

"The way is known to all but not all know it"

My Devices, Mods, and Tools

Device: LG Optimus L9 LG-P769 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.LOCKED ), CWM 6.0.1.2 ( L9RecoveryInstaller ), Stock JB 4.1.2
Device: LG Optimus T LG-P509 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.UNLOCKED ), CWM 5.0.2.7 Touch, CM10
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.UNLOCKED ), CWM 6.0.4.5, CM11 KitKat

[MOD][JB][4.1] Mini LatinIME
Android Flash Recovery
OOne ROM Editor
Tar To Flashable Zip
The Following User Says Thank You to shinobisoft For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

babyrammer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I think you might be right, that seems to be the error I get when I try to use App 2 SD.

I went and got Link 2 SD, followed all the instructions (partitioned my external SD into 2 primary FAT32 parts) and it told me I was able to move apps, but I get error messages whenever I try [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE] which I don't really understand, I have plenty of space.

shinobisoft
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1662

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I think you might be right, that seems to be the error I get when I try to use App 2 SD.

I went and got Link 2 SD, followed all the instructions (partitioned my external SD into 2 primary FAT32 parts) and it told me I was able to move apps, but I get error messages whenever I try [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE] which I don't really understand, I have plenty of space.
Your second partition really needs to be ext3 or ext4. Primary partition fat32

Device: LG Optimus L9 LG-P769 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.LOCKED ), CWM 6.0.1.2 ( L9RecoveryInstaller ), Stock JB 4.1.2
Device: LG Optimus T LG-P509 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.UNLOCKED ), CWM 5.0.2.7 Touch, CM10
Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 GT-P3113 ( ROOTED, Bootloader.UNLOCKED ), CWM 6.0.4.5, CM11 KitKat

Android Flash Recovery
OOne ROM Editor
Tar To Flashable Zip

babyrammer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Root2SD says in its instructions FAT32 should work, which is why I tried that first. When I did EXT3 and EXT4 it told me it couldn't mount it as it isn't compatible with my device :/ I even tried to manually mount it in Clockworkmod but even after that I got the same error messages.

shinobisoft
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1662

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Root2SD says in its instructions FAT32 should work, which is why I tried that first. When I did EXT3 and EXT4 it told me it couldn't mount it as it isn't compatible with my device :/ I even tried to manually mount it in Clockworkmod but even after that I got the same error messages.
What are you using to partition your sdcard with? Hopefully not CWM. If you are, try TWRP instread. There is also a Windows tool "Mini Partition" I think that is also recommended for that task.

Android Flash Recovery
OOne ROM Editor
Tar To Flashable Zip

babyrammer
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Actually I was just using Mini Partition, I saw it recommended somewhere else.