Thread Closed

* retired * [rom] [4.2.2] Unofficial CyanogenMOD [cm-10.1] - [april13] - P13

OP JamieD81

23rd February 2013, 07:08 PM   |  #681  
chappatti's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 182
 
1,104 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Donate to Me
Some feedback:

Here's my config: ROM Jamie's CM 4.2.2 Unofficial
Kernel : 4Aces v28 - no settings apk. Fast charge enabled thru CM menu.
Updated to CM 2/21 - cm1-10.1-20130221-Nigtly. Directly from updates menu of ROM. No problem reportable during update.
Very rare screen flicker. Not done anything to developer menu since it is not often enough to be bothersome.
Bluetooth works - mainly use for Audio output. Navigation notifications also go out in between music, and music resumes cleanly. Don't know about keyboard or mouse, do not have them. BUT BT does suddenly go off (NEVER while playing yet), mainly during connection phase. Reboot fixes it. If adding new device this may happen but reboot fixes it.
GPS is good even on real rainy/cloudy day.
Wifi is very good. ONLY, it sometimes does not reconnect to my router automatically. Need to click on network to re-connect. No biggey.
Changed number of rows/columns to 4 for home screen. Was getting icon names cutoff, and icons going to close to edge.

Overall VERY SMOOTH ! Really nice and kudos to both devs !!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to chappatti For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2013, 11:19 PM   |  #682  
Member
Flag Midwest City
Thanks Meter: 18
 
96 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieD81

i highly recommend trying out this launcher

its still beta so there arent a TON of features, but still enough.

the launch is stupidly smooth at transitions and has a bunch of other cool stuff to it, give it a try its free

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mxhdW5jaGVyIl0.

Thanks Jamie! This is a smooth Launcher.
24th February 2013, 07:28 AM   |  #683  
Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
ok, i found developer options, but nothing fixes the flickering. most of the time my screen is black, with occasional flashing to normal, however when i scroll the screen is ok (but as soon as i release it goes back to flickering like crazy)
Last edited by kurnis; 24th February 2013 at 07:34 AM.
24th February 2013, 07:34 AM   |  #684  
JamieD81's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Duncan
Thanks Meter: 8,164
 
4,026 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurnis

So im getting the flickering issue (its pretty severe) but for some reason i dont even HAVE a "developer" option in my settings. Ive used it before on multiple other roms but its absent here. what can i do to find it?

betcha search for developer options in this thread would yield a boat load of answers for that question :P
24th February 2013, 07:35 AM   |  #685  
Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieD81

betcha search for developer options in this thread would yield a boat load of answers for that question :P

ya i found it 1 min after i posted, but you have to wait 5 minutes before editing deleting...grr. but im still having the flickering issue.

EDIT: ok so i reinstalled, and it turns out the flickering is being caused by the Aces kernel. if i only install the ROM there is no flickering.
Last edited by kurnis; 24th February 2013 at 10:02 AM.
24th February 2013, 03:18 PM   |  #686  
CPA Poke's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Tulsa, OK
Thanks Meter: 2,673
 
1,318 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Re: [rom] [4.2.2] Unofficial CyanogenMOD [cm10.1] - [feb19] - PREVIEW 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurnis

ok so i reinstalled, and it turns out the flickering is being caused by the Aces kernel. if i only install the ROM there is no flickering.

Highly doubt it has anything to do with kernel, unless Chris said there was a problem in his thread?
24th February 2013, 04:45 PM   |  #687  
Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPA Poke

Highly doubt it has anything to do with kernel, unless Chris said there was a problem in his thread?

well i am able to replicate the problem, and it only exists after i install the kernel. there is also another fellow in the kernel thread who is reporting the same problem.

also, wanted to say that so far (aside from my kernel issue) this rom is AWESOME. amazing work!!!!
Last edited by kurnis; 24th February 2013 at 04:48 PM.
24th February 2013, 07:45 PM   |  #688  
MAD_Matt's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oklahoma City
Thanks Meter: 5
 
239 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappatti

Some feedback:

Here's my config: ROM Jamie's CM 4.2.2 Unofficial
Kernel : 4Aces v28 - no settings apk. Fast charge enabled thru CM menu.
Updated to CM 2/21 - cm1-10.1-20130221-Nigtly. Directly from updates menu of ROM. No problem reportable during update.
Very rare screen flicker. Not done anything to developer menu since it is not often enough to be bothersome.
Bluetooth works - mainly use for Audio output. Navigation notifications also go out in between music, and music resumes cleanly. Don't know about keyboard or mouse, do not have them. BUT BT does suddenly go off (NEVER while playing yet), mainly during connection phase. Reboot fixes it. If adding new device this may happen but reboot fixes it.
GPS is good even on real rainy/cloudy day.
Wifi is very good. ONLY, it sometimes does not reconnect to my router automatically. Need to click on network to re-connect. No biggey.
Changed number of rows/columns to 4 for home screen. Was getting icon names cutoff, and icons going to close to edge.

Overall VERY SMOOTH ! Really nice and kudos to both devs !!!!!!

For the icons getting too close to the edge, in System Settings - Launcher - Homescreen - make sure the Stretch screens is selected! I thought I had a bad flash, but it was just this setting. Took me forever to find, can't even remember the search terms I used originally, but I found the tip from jlpatte2: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...h#post37839464

I've attached a screenshot of the page for the setting; hope it helps.

Also, Jamie, since dev on PA seemed to be at a standstill for now, I jumped over here and love it! Thanks for all the hard work!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-24-13-31-11.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	1757629  
The Following User Says Thank You to MAD_Matt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 11:42 PM   |  #689  
johncommode's Avatar
Member
Flag Newport News
Thanks Meter: 25
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Re: [rom] [4.2.2] Unofficial CyanogenMOD [cm10.1] - [feb19] - PREVIEW 5
The battery life I am getting on this ROM is insanely good! I can actually go the whole day without needing to plug it in, given my normal usage habits.

*-*-*- If you are an asshole online, then you ARE an asshole in person -*-*-*
The Following User Says Thank You to johncommode For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 11:51 PM   |  #690  
MasterKaiser's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Juan
Thanks Meter: 23
 
186 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
The flickering issue is not related to one kernel perse, in my case, I tested HotCake's, Ace's and stock kernel, and the less flickering is with the stock... other that that, this ROM rocks!

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in AT&T Galaxy Note I717 Android Development by ThreadRank