XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why are new members seen as NOOBs?

Tip us?

boborone
Old
Thanks Meter 2368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime2 View Post
You can be a Noob and still know what your doing.
Also think, 99.9% is a bit high on the Noob scale.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
No, if you know what you are doing, then you are a new member. 99% are noobs.
One Less Car

Get Out and Ride
The Following User Says Thank You to boborone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

conantroutman
Old
Moderator Committee / XDA News Writer
Thanks Meter 6690
Default Re: Why are new members seen as NOOBs?

The ten post rule is in place because of people like this, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=37963530

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

"If Diane Young won't change your mind......"

HTC HD2, Samsung Galaxy SII, Note II, Nexus 7 2012 & Motorola Xoom

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to conantroutman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

svetius
Old
User Experience Admin
Thanks Meter 2622
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacthespack View Post
You release that the Site is for Developers yes, however 99% of newly registered users are not developers thus this is put in place.
The site is also about helping each other so why not answer some people questions (as if your already a developer im sure there are questions you can answer) help a few people and boom you have more than enough posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats OK View Post
Well if your smart enough to offer work for development you've got to be smart enough to read and understand XDA's simple requests.
Reading the rules is vital if you want good treatment here.

svetius
-----
User Experience Admin
xda-developers

K.A.
Old
Thanks Meter 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by svetius View Post

Spam post is spam. Reported
Samsung Galaxy Ace. CM10.1 | Google Nexus 4. KitKat TIME!!

[OT][SUPPORT]DESKTOPS AND LAPTOPS AIO THREAD.[General Off-Topic]
The Following User Says Thank You to K.A. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

davydm
Old
(Last edited by davydm; 15th February 2013 at 09:17 PM.) Reason: More info
Thanks Meter 4
Battery Low I get the need for rules and order, but...

I must admit that I find it frustrating that I can't post feedback on a ROM, as requested by the maker (UltimaROM/Kryten2k35) simply because I haven't posted some other silly stuff on xda-developers before.

I'm not trying to stir the waters, honestly, but I haven't seen a question I can answer which doesn't already have dozens of answers (so I don't see the point in spamming), I answer my own questions by googling (often ending up on xda-developers, reading tens of pages of posts to get somewhere, and often actually getting there... thanks everyone!). It's especially frustrating when the guide for getting 10 posts says "Always read lots post little" -- something I have been doing, quite a lot, really. I'm no mobile dev, but I am a programmer by trade (12 years now) so I have an idea of how to conduct myself -- and how to be useful to an open-source / free project with contributions other than code. I think that I have some not-completely-useless feedback for Kryten2k35, but I can't give it. And I wouldn't email it even if I had an address to email it to -- it would just be more crap in his (I'm assuming?) inbox.

Anyway, that's my 2c worth. Let me go look again if there's some question I can actually help on, which doesn't have a plethora of perfectly good answers. The 10-post rule may also explain the number of silly / useless comments on open forums -- comments that I wade through when coming here from google. I really want to be a good citizen -- just voicing my (probably insignificant) opinion. And getting 1/10 posts (:
edit: I take some of that back: I have been able to find 3 threads I can help on. Pity I have to wait so long between posts... 5 minutes takes forever when you're waiting for them to pass ):
The Following User Says Thank You to davydm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zacthespack
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1690

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by davydm View Post
I must admit that I find it frustrating that I can't post feedback on a ROM, as requested by the maker (UltimaROM/Kryten2k35) simply because I haven't posted some other silly stuff on xda-developers before.

I'm not trying to stir the waters, honestly, but I haven't seen a question I can answer which doesn't already have dozens of answers (so I don't see the point in spamming), I answer my own questions by googling (often ending up on xda-developers, reading tens of pages of posts to get somewhere, and often actually getting there... thanks everyone!). It's especially frustrating when the guide for getting 10 posts says "Always read lots post little" -- something I have been doing, quite a lot, really. I'm no mobile dev, but I am a programmer by trade (12 years now) so I have an idea of how to conduct myself -- and how to be useful to an open-source / free project with contributions other than code. I think that I have some not-completely-useless feedback for Kryten2k35, but I can't give it. And I wouldn't email it even if I had an address to email it to -- it would just be more crap in his (I'm assuming?) inbox.

Anyway, that's my 2c worth. Let me go look again if there's some question I can actually help on, which doesn't have a plethora of perfectly good answers. The 10-post rule may also explain the number of silly / useless comments on open forums -- comments that I wade through when coming here from google. I really want to be a good citizen -- just voicing my (probably insignificant) opinion. And getting 1/10 posts (:
edit: I take some of that back: I have been able to find 3 threads I can help on. Pity I have to wait so long between posts... 5 minutes takes forever when you're waiting for them to pass ):
Remember you can just PM the dev here on XDA... Why is it that so many people don't realise you can just PM people?
If you need to get in contact with a developer to give useful information that does not really concern anyone else surely this is the best method anyway

Code:
question = 2*b || !(2*b)
"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and children are FBI agents."

Code:
class Luke extends Jedi {
    function checkFather($father) {
        if ($father-]name == 'Darth Vader')
            die('NOOOOO!!');
    }
}

caponer
Old
Thanks Meter 9

What a noobish question absolutely nooB

boborone
Old
Thanks Meter 2368
Quote:
Originally Posted by caponer View Post
What a noobish question absolutely nooB
hahaha trololololol

One Less Car

Get Out and Ride

caponer
Old
Thanks Meter 9

I couldnt have possibly resisted posting it

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

I like the woman in the pic, what's her name again?

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

She's the one from runaway bride. Let me google it

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Julia roberts! ain't she cool?

boborone
Old
Thanks Meter 2368
Quote:
Originally Posted by caponer View Post
I couldnt have possibly resisted posting it

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

I like the woman in the pic, what's her name again?

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

She's the one from runaway bride. Let me google it

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Julia roberts! ain't she cool?
I think she's actually borderline on the side of Sara Jessica Parker. No body and just a weird face.
One Less Car

Get Out and Ride

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe