[GUIDE] Rooting Orange Pasadena Branded ALCATEL OT-918 (v2.3.6)
The guide is for the Alcatel OT-918
(No D, N, MIX), single sim, Orange Pasadena
, from Romania with Gingerbread 2.3.6, it might work on other versions to, but I can't guarantee that.
Care should be taken, while the Orange Pasadena is a cheap phone, modifying your software might turn your device in an unusable brick.
Unfortunately the Android version of this phone can't be rooted with superoneclick or other simpler methods.
First of all You need the following tools from the attached file:
AlcatelScatterRetriever01 - optional
Universal recovery for Alcatel OT918 (2.3.5 and 2.3.6)
1. Turn off the phone, and connect it to the computer (Windows XP/7) with an USB cable, and install the attached drivers
2. Create a scatter file with AlcatelScatterRetriever01,
(alternatively you can skip this step and use the scatter file from the OT-918_Orange_Pasadena_Branded folder)
3. Run Flash tool and open the scatter file
4. Check only the recovery
file from the OT-918_Orange_Pasadena_Branded folder
Double check that all other checkboxes must be unchecked!
5. Click on download
6. Connect the turned off phone to the computer, the progress bar should change its color and after a short while a small window with a green circle and ok should appear.
If it's not working remove USB cable, the battery, and reconnect the battery and then the USB cable and try again.
7. Remove the battery
and the SD-card
8. Copy Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip to the SD-card
9. Replace the SD-card
and the battery
10. Start the phone with the Volume UP and Power
combo (release first the power button)
11. You should be in the OT-918N recovery, and should install the file Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip
from the SD-card
12. Restart and enjoy your root-ed phone.
make a full wipe from recovery.
If you got an Orange Pasadena which would not boot or is in a bootloop, at step 4 select all the files from OT-918_Orange_Pasadena_Branded folder and go on with the guide.
At step 8 copy to the SD-card deepROM 2.3.6. from http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry16968462
the file from http://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=...2BeBBWub5m0%3D
which is the only functional custom rom as far as I know for this model of the phone.
If someone needs a functional (but incomplete) stock image feel free to p.m. me.
Still searching for a full stock image, which will be posted here.
Thanks to qwe-, Linerty, elpopa, jman0, deep4512, breakk, @zoyB, cappa72, and all other who contributed to this guide.