Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GUIDE] Rooting Orange Pasadena Branded ALCATEL OT-918 (v2.3.6)

OP arth_ur

10th February 2013, 12:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Kolozsvar
Thanks Meter: 7

52 posts
The guide is for the Alcatel OT-918 (No D, N, MIX), single sim, Orange Pasadena, from Romania with Gingerbread 2.3.6, it might work on other versions to, but I can't guarantee that.

Care should be taken, while the Orange Pasadena is a cheap phone, modifying your software might turn your device in an unusable brick.

Unfortunately the Android version of this phone can't be rooted with superoneclick or other simpler methods.

First of all You need the following tools from the attached file:

USB Drivers
SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1224.00
AlcatelScatterRetriever01 - optional
Universal recovery for Alcatel OT918 (2.3.5 and 2.3.6)
Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74256292/Pas...OT918_root.zip

1. Turn off the phone, and connect it to the computer (Windows XP/7) with an USB cable, and install the attached drivers

2. Create a scatter file with AlcatelScatterRetriever01,

(alternatively you can skip this step and use the scatter file from the OT-918_Orange_Pasadena_Branded folder)

3. Run Flash tool and open the scatter file

4. Check only the recovery file from the OT-918_Orange_Pasadena_Branded folder

Double check that all other checkboxes must be unchecked!

5. Click on download

6. Connect the turned off phone to the computer, the progress bar should change its color and after a short while a small window with a green circle and ok should appear.
If it's not working remove USB cable, the battery, and reconnect the battery and then the USB cable and try again.

7. Remove the battery and the SD-card

8. Copy Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip to the SD-card

9. Replace the SD-card and the battery

10. Start the phone with the Volume UP and Power combo (release first the power button)

11. You should be in the OT-918N recovery, and should install the file Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip from the SD-card

12. Restart and enjoy your root-ed phone.

For UNROOT make a full wipe from recovery.

Repair information:

If you got an Orange Pasadena which would not boot or is in a bootloop, at step 4 select all the files from OT-918_Orange_Pasadena_Branded folder and go on with the guide.
At step 8 copy to the SD-card deepROM 2.3.6. from http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...#entry16968462 ,
the file from http://disk.yandex.com/public/?hash=...2BeBBWub5m0%3D ,
which is the only functional custom rom as far as I know for this model of the phone.

If someone needs a functional (but incomplete) stock image feel free to p.m. me.

Still searching for a full stock image, which will be posted here.

Thanks to qwe-, Linerty, elpopa, jman0, deep4512, breakk, @zoyB, cappa72, and all other who contributed to this guide.
Last edited by arth_ur; 10th February 2013 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Changed the pictures
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arth_ur For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 03:10 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Drivers
Hello,

At step "1: Turn off the phone, and connect it to the computer (Windows XP/7) with an USB cable, and install the attached drivers"

Witch one of the drivers should I install? I've tried everything, but the phone it is not recognized by the XP OS, and therefore the ASR.exe cannot generate the scattering file.

Please help, with more detailed procedure regarding the drivers.

Thank you,
Stro
9th March 2013, 09:30 PM   |  #3  

1 posts
It works, thank you!
11th July 2013, 03:28 PM   |  #4  

2 posts
Is there anyway to install another, more stable, Rom.
Maybe an original OT-918 ROM?

Thanks.
25th August 2013, 11:44 AM   |  #5  
Flag Iasi
Thanks Meter: 40

1,248 posts
Donate to Me
More
guys, i'm trying to reinstall an ot-918 device, with luck, but now the sim doesn't work (I have an network issue). what can I do?

also I've tried to follow this tutorial to add the IMEI back ('cause now is null), but without any luck (I don't have any "write imei" button). can someone help me out please?
Last edited by ady_uaic; 25th August 2013 at 03:08 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alcatel, orange pasadena, ot-918, recovery, root
Previous Thread Next Thread