Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 50,455 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Keep your n10 away from ants

Tip us?

irishrally
Old
Thanks Meter 501
Ants are badass, ridiculously strong, and he probably just wiggled his way under/through whatever low pressure gasket/seal is in place for dust. This device is not air tight by any definition. He just wanted to get to the sweet candy jelly beans inside.

Ant penetration resistance should be added to every device spec and properly tested.
Youtube: "Xperia Z Official Ant Testing". "The Xperia Z is water resistant up to 1 meter for 30 minutes, and ant resistant up to 150 ants for 45 minutes. Results may vary with ant species and water purity."
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to irishrally For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Samzebian
Old
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrally View Post
Ants are badass, ridiculously strong, and he probably just wiggled his way under/through whatever low pressure gasket/seal is in place for dust. This device is not air tight by any definition. He just wanted to get to the sweet candy jelly beans inside.

Ant penetration resistance should be added to every device spec and properly tested.
Youtube: "Xperia Z Official Ant Testing". "The Xperia Z is water resistant up to 1 meter for 30 minutes, and ant resistant up to 150 ants for 45 minutes. Results may vary with ant species and water purity."
thought you were totally serious
CLICK MY PHONES!CLICK MY TABLETS!
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note III Verizon 32GB Black ___________ ROM: Rooted stock ROM
Tablet: Apple iPad Air 128GB Space Grey LTE _____________________ Jailbroken: Not yethaha now you know my secret!

My Vids

Fidelator
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishrally View Post

I completely agree with you.

And I laughed way more than I should have.

tcb4
Old
Thanks Meter 28
I started another thread on this where after receiving my replacement nexus 10 I gave it a thorough inspection and I did not find any dust. After leaving it in a bag for a couple of days I find a small, almost invisible hair that I am 99% certain was not there when I received it. Normally I would accept that I may have just missed it, but it I looked this thing over for quite a long while before I gave it the ok. I'm debating whether or not to send it into samsung because I fear this same thing could happen again, or I could receive a unit with horrendous light bleed or more dust, as both seem pretty common. However I thought I read somewhere that these screens were sealed and the glass could not be separated from the display? Perhaps the glass and the display are fused to the frame, but not to each other or the seal is not the best.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Shine a really bright light on the screen and turn your device on an extreme angle so that you're almost looking at its side, but you can still see the screen. Is it me or can you see Foam bonding it? I don't think you would be able to make that out if the glass rested directly on the display. You can see it in the picture below. It's the light gray line.

On Verizon Wireless

Fidelator
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb4 View Post
I started another thread on this where after receiving my replacement nexus 10 I gave it a thorough inspection and I did not find any dust. After leaving it in a bag for a couple of days I find a small, almost invisible hair that I am 99% certain was not there when I received it. Normally I would accept that I may have just missed it, but it I looked this thing over for quite a long while before I gave it the ok. I'm debating whether or not to send it into samsung because I fear this same thing could happen again, or I could receive a unit with horrendous light bleed or more dust, as both seem pretty common. However I thought I read somewhere that these screens were sealed and the glass could not be separated from the display? Perhaps the glass and the display are fused to the frame, but not to each other or the seal is not the best.

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

Shine a really bright light on the screen and turn your device on an extreme angle so that you're almost looking at its side, but you can still see the screen. Is it me or can you see Foam bonding it? I don't think you would be able to make that out if the glass rested directly on the display. You can see it in the picture below. It's the light gray line.

Well clean your screen first because we can't figure out what we are seeing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fidelator For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pfmiller
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Have you tried updating to 4.2.2 yet? I've heard it takes care of a lot of bugs people have been seeing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pfmiller For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

filthygoat223996
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Default Re: Keep your n10 away from ants

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfmiller View Post
Have you tried updating to 4.2.2 yet? I've heard it takes care of a lot of bugs people have been seeing.
Lol?

Sent from my Amaze 4G using xda app-developers app

Current Devices
Google Nexus 5 Stock 4.4.3+Franco
Google Nexus 10, CM11+ Trinity
Past Devices: HTC Amaze, LG Optimus G

riqjuan
Old
Thanks Meter 4
No disrespect to the OP, but this is one of the funniest threads i've read on XDA.

CreepyDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by riqjuan View Post
No disrespect to the OP, but this is one of the funniest threads i've read on XDA.
You definitly missed this thread which was much funnier.

Monotoko
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I'm very very sorry OP, I have one of those ****ing lightning bugs in my LCD display, crawled in there and died just a few months after I got it and Samsung refused to replace it hopefully you have more luck with either Google or Samsung.