Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,988 Members 45,167 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Keep your n10 away from ants

Tip us?

mchahn
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Default Is it a software bug?

Years ago there was a piece of software you could sneak onto someone's PC and a tiny ant would crawl around. The damn thing looked so real. It was amazing. Drove people crazy.

ntn_labs
Old
Thanks Meter 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelator View Post
God ****ing damn it, the damn ant was hiding and I come back to find it dead in the middle of my screen.

And no, there isn't any dust under the screen, I don't know how this POS got in there.
Well, You should return Your unit now that Your machinist has died. Trust me, there is a machinist in every Google Unit. They make sure all the HW is working properly and they are allowed to fix small HW issues.

For anything bigger, they have to report to Google first. Of course.

Anyway, as I said, Yours is dead and You need a new unit. Or maybe You could ask Google to send You only the mechanic, but that would be the first time, they rarely do that. They are afraid You will put the HW machinist in a different device and he would then rebuild that device to be a Google one (like iPad device rebuild to be a Nexus device).

Charlie--
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchahn View Post
Years ago there was a piece of software you could sneak onto someone's PC and a tiny ant would crawl around. The damn thing looked so real. It was amazing. Drove people crazy.
Aye, I remember that one - lol

@OP - Sorry to hear about your ant issue, hope you get a replacement tablet sorted.

ant178
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Please post what samsung says about replacing it. I just ordered this tablet and plan on cancelling if samsung doesn't replace your tablet

Fidelator
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant178 View Post
Please post what samsung says about replacing it. I just ordered this tablet and plan on cancelling if samsung doesn't replace your tablet
I'll have to wait until my uncle goes back to the US, he should be going in about 2 to 3 weeks, sadly, there's nothing I can do until then.

bee55
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb4 View Post
Shine a really bright light on the screen and turn your device on an extreme angle so that you're almost looking at its side, but you can still see the screen. Is it me or can you see Foam bonding it? I don't think you would be able to make that out if the glass rested directly on the display. You can see it in the picture below. It's the light gray line.
Yep I have those on both sides as well; don't even need a light to be able to see them at a large angle.