Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: If you have a pogo charger, what is your opinion of it?
Have it, love it, definitely faster charging! 50 62.50%
seems to charge faster, can't really tell, placebo 10 12.50%
charging seems barely different compared to usb 6 7.50%
don't get it, not worth the $20+shipping 14 17.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

(poll) POGO CHARGER WORTH IT?

OP Megiddo2000

10th February 2013, 11:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33

142 posts
Hey guys so lately there's been a lot of discussion about the pogo charger.
I've checked all the threads and more than the value of the charger, the forums are filled with shipping complaints.
I can't seem to sort out the opinions and real comments on the pogo.

As such, for those really on the fence about getting a charger (like me) I made this poll, since there was one on screen protectors to help people choose.

Any comments made, please make constructive opinions on if you have a pogo charger, if it's worth it, etc. (not on your shipping problems please)

Thanks!
Last edited by Megiddo2000; 11th February 2013 at 12:00 AM.
11th February 2013, 12:23 AM   |  #2  
Flag Charleroi, PA
Thanks Meter: 521

2,522 posts
Donate to Me
More
I only bought it because I thought it would be able to charge my tablet while under heavy usage (1.7GHz performance gov + full brightness), and sadly it doesn't even seem capable of doing this.
11th February 2013, 01:43 AM   |  #3  
Warren, MI
Thanks Meter: 157

1,360 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by espionage724

I only bought it because I thought it would be able to charge my tablet while under heavy usage (1.7GHz performance gov + full brightness), and sadly it doesn't even seem capable of doing this.

I seem to remember somebody stating that under heavy usage they've saw a current drain over 3A. If your situation is the same, nothing is going to keep up with that which is over the max of the charging circuit. It's simple to test for that.

The POGO cord charges faster but stops during OTG usage, no ROM/kernel Dev's have tried to solve this issue so far. There may be another issue with cigarette lighter type power supply also.
11th February 2013, 03:14 AM   |  #4  
Flag Madison, WI
Thanks Meter: 20

287 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: (poll) POGO CHARGER WORTH IT?
Shipping just took time from Korea, now they have a US shipping source through Amazon.
I really like it, saves wear and tear on the USB. I charge at night, and never have enough time to use it that I run the battery in a day. The OTG complication is annoying, but liveable, and hopefully likely to be solved.
11th February 2013, 03:26 AM   |  #5  
Flag St. Louis, MO
Thanks Meter: 16

101 posts
I like the reduced wear on the micro usb connection and additional safety of quicker disconnect if cord is yanked from tripping. I charge the tablet at night, so not too concerned whether charging is quicker. I would love to see some ideas on how to improvise a charging dock using this cable!
11th February 2013, 03:27 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 39

141 posts
I think whether it's worth it totally depends on the reason you want it. If you want to use OTG while charging or to do data transfer, it's obviously a bust.

These are the reasons I'm very happy with it, in order of priority:

1) Saves stress on the USB jack, especially if dropped or banged against something.
2) Easy to click onto the N10 when I'm done reading an ebook in bed at night and I'm sleepy.
3) Charges a bit faster than USB.

If you're looking for a miraculously shorter charge time then it's not worth getting.
Last edited by scooterboy5; 11th February 2013 at 02:29 PM.
11th February 2013, 04:38 AM   |  #7  
Flag Pleasanton, CA
Thanks Meter: 14

93 posts
More
Definitely worthwhile ... it is one of the nicest accessories I've purchased in a while. I purchased it only for the convenience of not having to mess with the mUSB charging. It delivered. My charging graphs indicate that it charges at a faster rate than the mUSB ... just a small extra bonus.
14th February 2013, 10:01 AM   |  #8  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 10

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken401

I like the reduced wear on the micro usb connection and additional safety of quicker disconnect if cord is yanked from tripping. I charge the tablet at night, so not too concerned whether charging is quicker.

^^ this.

I bought it because I've had occasions where others in the house have messed up micro-usb connections on phones due to using them while still plugged in - with this, there's no way of easily damaging it

And so far, so good! Would really recommend it.
Last edited by Steve_God; 14th February 2013 at 10:03 AM.
14th February 2013, 06:05 PM   |  #9  
Flag Lowell, MA
Thanks Meter: 31

174 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by espionage724

Wow, max brightness ? I find the lowest setting really bright.

I did general usage on lowest brightness and it charged pretty good, IMO.
14th February 2013, 08:38 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 23

240 posts
It was worth every penny and when they come back in stock at Amazon I will order another.

I use my tablet heavily throughout the day and found myself unable to charge it completely while I slept. Now using the stock wall wart and pogo it charges in a fraction of the time. Like I said, worth every penny.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread