5,600,919 Members 42,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: If you have a pogo charger, what is your opinion of it?
Have it, love it, definitely faster charging! 50 62.50%
seems to charge faster, can't really tell, placebo 10 12.50%
charging seems barely different compared to usb 6 7.50%
don't get it, not worth the $20+shipping 14 17.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

(poll) POGO CHARGER WORTH IT?

Tip us?

dcnice
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Charges faster, but was it worth it for me? Still undecided. The main reason for me getting it was to plug a HD into an OTG cable and still get power to the device via the POGO. Unfortunately that will not work. The POGO will not charge when running OTG. Shame.

jonstrong
Old
Thanks Meter 661
Default Re: (poll) POGO CHARGER WORTH IT?

Back in stock on Amazon... Just ordered one tonight. I'm interested for two reasons. Slightly faster charging (not a big deal for me, as I generally plug it in at night, and use it much of the day), and I also like the idea of the pogo connector instead of using the USB socket every day. Should have it in 3 to 5 business days.

... beamed from my Nexus 10 to your planet
LG G2 (VzW vs980)
Innovate

Reckless187
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Just ordered one off eBay, should have it by the 20th at the latest. I spend a lot of time driving so carry the Nexus 10 around with me in the car and I've bent the USB plug on the cable so though I'm better off getting the pogo charger incase I damage the USB port on the tablet

mrlow999
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Answer- Yes it is but...

Just got the pogo cable on Friday and did some testing over the weekend and have some results and observations.

I ran my N10 down to 10% Saturday and plugged in via the pogo cable at about 11:30pm. . When I checked Battery Monitor Widget the following morning it showed fully charged at 4am. Total time 4.5 hours. Max charging rate was at 1916mA and tapered to 415mA.

Sunday I did the same, (11% and 11:30pm) and used the USB cable. A check of BMW showed the N10 fully charged by 5am. Total time 5.5 hours. Max rate was 1559mA and a taper to 420mA.

So, an hour faster. Not huge, but significant. Overall I think the important thing with the pogo cable is that it will charge as you use it. When I plugged in with it before I turned the screen off I was showing a net charge, while with USB it continued to discharge, albeit slower.
Both of these (admittedly unscientific) tests were done with the OEM charger and USB cable.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrlow999 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

indamix
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Re: (poll) POGO CHARGER WORTH IT?

The pogo charger is a great way to save the USB port of the Nexus 10 if you have young kids. Since the pogo charger is magnetic, there no way to damage the tablet when a toddler yanks it off a desk while its charging. I am very happy with my pogo cable. Bought it off amazon and got it in 2 days.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD