Hello heros (and a 3or4 heroines I've seen around here )
This is a tutorial on how to partition your SD card and start linking apps to SD card (I have included screen shots fore each step to avoid confusion and also to make it easier for beginners )
Wat is linking to SD??
------> as the name says linking apps to SD is moving applications and their belonging resources to a special partition in SD card and creating a link to them for easy access.
Y link to SD???
------> I will tell it in short...
Apps perform better when they are on internal memory rather than on SD card because there is an easier access to their resources.. but not all phones have enough internal memory to move all apps to internal memory ... so keeping apps on SD and creating a link to them ensures better and faster performance of all apps even in devices with low internal memory ..eg galaxy y
1.mini partition tool (for PC ie windows)
2.link2sd (for mobile ie android)
pleez following the procedure carefully and exactly to avoid any inconvenience
1. First you have to download Mini Tool Partition Wizard Manager. You can download it in the link above... download it and install it on PC.
2. Insert your SD card to a card reader and open it on your computer.(not via USB cable)
3. Back up all your files to the computer because partitioning will wipe your data.
4. Open Mini Tool in your computer. Locate your SD card (be careful in choosing and make sure not to choose the drive of your computer)
6. Right click on it again and choose Create New. Create “FAT32″ partition (This is where all your media files will go. Be sure to make it bigger than the 2nd part)
8. Next, create an ext2/ext3/ext4 partition (I suggest ext2 cause it works on all roms and kernels). This is where your apps will go. I suggest a value of 512Mb would be big enough but its ur choice...
10. Click the “Apply” button on the top left corner and wait for it to finish the process. Done.
11. Put back your SD card to your phone and switch it on.
13. Open Link2sd. You will be prompted to choose between ext2, ext3, ext4 and FAT32. Select one..
(Give preference in this order ext4>ext3>ext2>fat32/16
Not all may be compatible with ur kernel so try each one in the order of preference and use the highest ranking one that works... ext4 is compatible with my kernel so I use that...)
14. It will say mount script created. Reboot your phone now.
15. Open link2sd and if the message doesn’t show up, you succeded.
16. Go to Link2sd>Settings>check the autolink (to automatically move apps upon installation)
19. Now you’re done and ready to install vast amount of applications as you wish!