Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,650 Members 38,348 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] Beats DNA

Tip us?

eriknors
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 277
Default Re: [MOD] Beats DNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by termin8tor22 View Post
Found an issue, dunno if its been adressed or not.
Look at the statusbar, there's the audio effects icon with no music playing. Also the notification tray shows the audio effects noti there too but again no music is playing or headphones plugged in and theres no way to clear it either.

Sent from my ViperDNA infected with ViperBlue DNA
Ive known about the icon problem for quite dome time now. Ive been trying to get it fixed but with no luck. Im doing my best to figure out whats causing it and ive requested some help from others just waiting to hear back from them. Hopefully we can get it hashed out here pretty soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleany View Post
ive been experiencing some issues, not sure if you know about them or not.

Beats icon does not show on the status bar while playing music. Beats is active and working though. It will only show in the status bar if i go into settings manually and toggle it off and on again.

Also, since flashing the Beats mod zip, my 4x4 Music HTC widget keeps crashing every 30 mins or so.

Appreciate the work youre putting into it though. Thanks! =)

Running ViperDNA 1.1.3 btw

sent from my ViperDNA
The Following User Says Thank You to eriknors For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zounduser
Old
Thanks Meter 1472

DONATE TO ME

I just got my laptop back yesterday. So i will b looking into this more as well.

RATTLED FROM MY GLOBALIZED DROID DNA WITH TAPATALK 2
AT&T HTC ONE
VERIZON HTC ONE max
AT&T Galaxy Note 3
BLACKOUT SQUAD MEMBER
TEAM DART TESTER
VIPER ROM TESTER
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zounduser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eriknors
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by zounduser View Post
I just got my laptop back yesterday. So i will b looking into this more as well.

Get at me on gtalk bud when u get a chance

sent from my ViperDNA

zounduser
Old
Thanks Meter 1472

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriknors View Post
Get at me on gtalk bud when u get a chance

sent from my ViperDNA
Gtalk message sent brotha.

AT&T HTC ONE
VERIZON HTC ONE max
AT&T Galaxy Note 3
BLACKOUT SQUAD MEMBER
TEAM DART TESTER
VIPER ROM TESTER

AYHJA
Old
(Last edited by AYHJA; 27th February 2013 at 06:35 AM.) Reason: More info
Thanks Meter 1
I have discovered something that I hope will prove useful. I have been having the issue many of you share with the Beats icon not popping up.

Well, here lately, the icon has been working constantly, though with a little bit of delay, even if I do not have my headphones plugged in. I cannot make any changes to the sound options, but the icon is there.

The only thing that I have done differently is install the app SoundAbout

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utingfix&hl=en

Perhaps that will give some clues about it. Also, I have a pair of Beats Tour headphones, perhaps in the next upgrade that can be listed as one of the options. Once we have the ability to use ControlTalk in Venom I'll consider this app to be as close to perfect for me as it gets.

If I can offer anything up in the way of logs or configuration, I'd be glad to help.

Just noticed something else, I'm not sure what, I'll just share the steps to reproduce it...

1. Open the music app, play a song
2. Exit to the home screen while the song is playing
3. Turn to my screen that displays my 4x4 weather widget (which refreshes when I do so)
4. Beats icon pops up
5. Stop the song
6. Return back to the weather widget, and the Beats icon goes away

I can replicate the effect pretty regularly. In fact, even if the song is stopped, and I go back and forth from the weather widget, the icon will pop up and go away about 3 or 4 times before it stops.

zounduser
Old
Thanks Meter 1472

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYHJA View Post
I have discovered something that I hope will prove useful. I have been having the issue many of you share with the Beats icon not popping up.

Well, here lately, the icon has been working constantly, though with a little bit of delay, even if I do not have my headphones plugged in. I cannot make any changes to the sound options, but the icon is there.

The only thing that I have done differently is install the app SoundAbout

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utingfix&hl=en

Perhaps that will give some clues about it. Also, I have a pair of Beats Tour headphones, perhaps in the next upgrade that can be listed as one of the options. Once we have the ability to use ControlTalk in Venom I'll consider this app to be as close to perfect for me as it gets.

If I can offer anything up in the way of logs or configuration, I'd be glad to help.

Just noticed something else, I'm not sure what, I'll just share the steps to reproduce it...

1. Open the music app, play a song
2. Exit to the home screen while the song is playing
3. Turn to my screen that displays my 4x4 weather widget (which refreshes when I do so)
4. Beats icon pops up
5. Stop the song
6. Return back to the weather widget, and the Beats icon goes away

I can replicate the effect pretty regularly. In fact, even if the song is stopped, and I go back and forth from the weather widget, the icon will pop up and go away about 3 or 4 times before it stops.
Thanks for your reply bro. I've got Wednesday and Thursday off. I think with my brain, urs, and Eric/op, we should b able to narrow down our problems. I'm really wanting to get the stock music player working "fully" with this.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
AT&T HTC ONE
VERIZON HTC ONE max
AT&T Galaxy Note 3
BLACKOUT SQUAD MEMBER
TEAM DART TESTER
VIPER ROM TESTER
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zounduser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eriknors
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 277

Yeah I think our zip needs to be updated for the new viper update 1.2.0 I just tried to flash it on the beta and I ended up w/ 2 beats icons and no options to choose from.

@zound- if it ain't one thing its another. Right when u get ur laptop back ur phone gets bricked. I feel ur pain though. Hopefully everything works out for u though.

sent from my ViperDNA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eriknors For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zounduser
Old
Thanks Meter 1472

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriknors View Post
Yeah I think our zip needs to be updated for the new viper update 1.2.0 I just tried to flash it on the beta and I ended up w/ 2 beats icons and no options to choose from.

@zound- if it ain't one thing its another. Right when u get ur laptop back ur phone gets bricked. I feel ur pain though. Hopefully everything works out for u though.

sent from my ViperDNA
Ya, im pretty upset about it! Sent it to htc 2 days ago, still waiting to hear something from them. Ill get at u as soon as i hear something bro.

Sent from my HTC EVARE_UL using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
AT&T HTC ONE
VERIZON HTC ONE max
AT&T Galaxy Note 3
BLACKOUT SQUAD MEMBER
TEAM DART TESTER
VIPER ROM TESTER

zounduser
Old
Thanks Meter 1472

DONATE TO ME

Got my DNA back! Back in business boys!!! Hit me up Erek!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
AT&T HTC ONE
VERIZON HTC ONE max
AT&T Galaxy Note 3
BLACKOUT SQUAD MEMBER
TEAM DART TESTER
VIPER ROM TESTER
The Following User Says Thank You to zounduser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eriknors
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by zounduser View Post
Got my DNA back! Back in business boys!!! Hit me up Erek!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
Hey I noticed newt threw in lyapotas mod into his new rom. I tried it out but noticed it was more of a placebo effect. But I did noticed the notification worked flawlessly. We've gotta figure out how his beats mod is linked to the eqs cause that's what's giving me this insanely huge roadblock. Idk hit me up on gtalk with ur thoughts.

sent from my ViperDNA