5,605,519 Members 46,290 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official updates discussion Thread

Tip us?

laufersteppenwolf
Old
(Last edited by laufersteppenwolf; 5th August 2013 at 07:17 PM.) Reason: updated OP
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3715

DONATE TO ME
Default Official updates discussion Thread

Like the title says, this is the Thread where all discussions about (Jelly Bean) updates for the LG Optimus 4xHD should take place.

Eagleeyetom and I decided to create this one to have all discussions together in one Thread and not in thousand Threads.
All other Threads will be closed and/or deleten.

Old downloads

Due to current activities i'm gonna say it again: please keep this thread clean!

So, happy discussing guys

Cheers
Sony Ericsson Xperia X8: GingerDX v31b ; alfs CM7 v09c
LG Optimus 4x HD: my own version of CM 10.1 , CWM recovery, UNlocked BL

Crying that it's an application bug is like crying over the speed of light: you should deal with reality, not what you wish reality was. - Linus Torvalds
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to laufersteppenwolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Xenogenics
Old
(Last edited by Xenogenics; 7th March 2013 at 02:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 64
Default Re: Official JB discussion Thread

Reserved for future important data.

-Edit #3

Bootloader unlocked. Check other threads for more info.

Sent from my (Rooted, CWMed, v10h) LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

Dexter_nlb
Old
Thanks Meter 4476

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufersteppenwolf View Post
Eagleeyetom and I decided to create this one to have all JB discussions together in one Thread and not in thousand Threads.
All other Threads will be closed and/or deleten.

So happy discussing guys

Cheers
odd is, you redirect comments from a thread back from oct. 2012, and now make this new one from today? i believe moderators normally would close such double posts? or this is now ruled out becuase it comes from a mod? thats a vierd policy.

i would have tought original post would have gotten tagged, and this one closed that is how other sections work, you do not kill old posts, just dupes in new clothes.
Remember to press THANKS, if you liked my help or builds.
Hardware: Galaxy Note II * LG Optimus 4X * Elocity A7 * HTC Flyer/Wifi * ASUS TF201/Prime
LG Optimus 4X HD - 4X ClockWorkMod - O4X CustoNexus - O4X Sense4
HTC Flyer - ICSSense OneXXL -Flyer JellyBean * Tattoo - TatFroyoSense * Elocity A7 - ElocityMod

adverserath
Old
Thanks Meter 3

Ooh yey jelly bean is coming, now we can all discuss the same thing constantly in one thread.

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

Xenogenics
Old
(Last edited by Xenogenics; 11th February 2013 at 02:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 64

True, but we can't all be excellent moderators can we? I understand the feeling of having inexperienced ones, but they can't all be winners. At the same time, I also doubt the ability of the person who chooses moderators at times. Haha.

Even so, I pray that their judgement is logically and they will take the most effective and not the most efficient way of redirecting spam and double posts, while highlighting the really important and useful threads at the same time.

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda app-developers app

laufersteppenwolf
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3715

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_nlb View Post
odd is, you redirect comments from a thread back from oct. 2012, and now make this new one from today? i believe moderators normally would close such double posts? or this is now ruled out becuase it comes from a mod? thats a vierd policy.

i would have tought original post would have gotten tagged, and this one closed that is how other sections work, you do not kill old posts, just dupes in new clothes.
The truth is, all JB related Threads got closed (--> oct. 12) and redirected to this one in hope, that everyone undertands it and doesn't open a new thread about LG finalizing JB, LG testing another Beta, a new Beta being online,... and so on..
Sony Ericsson Xperia X8: GingerDX v31b ; alfs CM7 v09c
LG Optimus 4x HD: my own version of CM 10.1 , CWM recovery, UNlocked BL

Crying that it's an application bug is like crying over the speed of light: you should deal with reality, not what you wish reality was. - Linus Torvalds

hernestwisnu
Old
Thanks Meter 50

Like most guys said, it's not the JB that matters, but the bootloader unlock. Can't wait to see the possibilities of this device when the Kraken is unleashed.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk 2

PontiacGTX
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have read that some people get overheated P880s but a unlocked bootloader plus develop a new ROM for it could reduce the temps? or this is fixed with a update of firmware?

mastershefis
Old
Thanks Meter 889

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post
I have read that some people get overheated P880s but a unlocked bootloader plus develop a new ROM for it could reduce the temps? or this is fixed with a update of firmware?
Overheating of the phone was solved by latest update of FW (in my case v10h)
[THEME][CM9-AOKP][MDPI-HDPI] -MasterUIv4- [RELEASED ALPHA][08.06.2012]

eagleeyetom
Old
Developer Committee / Senior Moderator / XDA News Writer - Lost in Amsterdam
Thanks Meter 10915

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_nlb View Post

Yes that's the usual way, but bear in mind that Jellybean to your phones is about to be released, so having a clean thread is better in my opinion. Having dozens of threads is not a solution, hence my decision.
I really encourage some of you to hit the report button. We're not omnipotent to know where someone is calling a mod. Hitting the report button takes few seconds and some of us will pop up really fast. That's a profit to both sides.

Tags
4x hd, discussion, jelly bean