XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Major battery life issues

Tip us?

jbostrom15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Plug [Q] Major battery life issues

Ok so I've had my GN2 for about a month now. For the first 2 weeks I could easily go all day on moderate to heavy use. Over the past week and a half however my battery has just started to drain so quickly. I get up at 630am with 100 percent battery life and by 9 I have only 75 percent. This is with only browsing my email checking the news and playing a couple songs through Google Music. Does anybody have any ideas as to what might be wrong with my phone? Am I alone with this?

UPDATE: This actually just happened as I was typing this and has happened twice today. The phone goes through the shutdown screen with the Samsung logo stays black for about 3 seconds then started back up.

Wolfbeef123
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbostrom15 View Post
Ok so I've had my GN2 for about a month now. For the first 2 weeks I could easily go all day on moderate to heavy use. Over the past week and a half however my battery has just started to drain so quickly. I get up at 630am with 100 percent battery life and by 9 I have only 75 percent. This is with only browsing my email checking the news and playing a couple songs through Google Music. Does anybody have any ideas as to what might be wrong with my phone? Am I alone with this?

UPDATE: This actually just happened as I was typing this and has happened twice today. The phone goes through the shutdown screen with the Samsung logo stays black for about 3 seconds then started back up.
what ROM are you running?
what kernel?
have you installed any apps lately that might be running in the background taking up a lot of resources?
You can't get anywhere... without BRICKING once or twice

Current Phone:
Sprint Galaxy Note II Marble White
ROM: Switching Between Stock and Whompasaurus
Kernel: switching between Perseus and Stock
Add-ons: A Mind Reading Device!

Old Phone:
Sprint Galaxy S3 Marble White
ROM: Rooted Stock
Kernel:Stock
Add-ons: A cappuccino machine

If you feel helped please dont hesitate to click thanks..
as that will make me feel warm and important

kat3k
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I see someone else asked what rom you are using, but assuming you are stock, as I am, I have had a similar battery problem. I tried turning off several native apps, and other things without any improvement. I'm with Sprint and was also being randomly dropped from the network, requiring restarts. I called tech support and was about to get the phone replaced, but they required trying a master reset before doing so. That's what I did (with the hardware buttons, not through the software menu), and to my amazement, my phone is better than new! Battery life is what it should be - excellent, and other problems disappeared as well. Just a thought.

Quote:

jbostrom15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat3k View Post
I see someone else asked what rom you are using, but assuming you are stock, as I am, I have had a similar battery problem. I tried turning off several native apps, and other things without any improvement. I'm with Sprint and was also being randomly dropped from the network, requiring restarts. I called tech support and was about to get the phone replaced, but they required trying a master reset before doing so. That's what I did (with the hardware buttons, not through the software menu), and to my amazement, my phone is better than new! Battery life is what it should be - excellent, and other problems disappeared as well. Just a thought.
What is the combination of buttons for a hard reset

kat3k
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Seems to me it's up&down volume buttons at the same time; power button; home button. You might want to search that to confirm.

Quote:
What is the combination of buttons for a hard reset

jbostrom15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat3k View Post
Seems to me it's up&down volume buttons at the same time; power button; home button. You might want to search that to confirm.
That didn't work. I've been searching and trying to hard reset but it won't let me

Skripka
Old
Thanks Meter 598
Download Better Battery Stats and see what it tell you about your partial wakelocks. Something(s) are keeping your phone from Deep Sleep.

jbostrom15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skripka View Post
Download Better Battery Stats and see what it tell you about your partial wakelocks. Something(s) are keeping your phone from Deep Sleep.
Is there any other way to figure out what is keeping my phone like this that doesn't involve having to buy a 3 dollar app

KEYofR
Old
Thanks Meter 214
Default Re: [Q] Major battery life issues

Solving your problem isn't worth 3 of your dollars yet it's worth more of someone elses time or effort?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

jbostrom15
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYofR View Post
Solving your problem isn't worth 3 of your dollars yet it's worth more of someone elses time or effort?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
It's just that I've tried a bunch of apps so far and none have helped