FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Major battery life issues

12th February 2013, 01:53 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Ok so I've had my GN2 for about a month now. For the first 2 weeks I could easily go all day on moderate to heavy use. Over the past week and a half however my battery has just started to drain so quickly. I get up at 630am with 100 percent battery life and by 9 I have only 75 percent. This is with only browsing my email checking the news and playing a couple songs through Google Music. Does anybody have any ideas as to what might be wrong with my phone? Am I alone with this?

UPDATE: This actually just happened as I was typing this and has happened twice today. The phone goes through the shutdown screen with the Samsung logo stays black for about 3 seconds then started back up.
 
 
12th February 2013, 04:52 AM |#2  
Wolfbeef123's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mission
Thanks Meter: 54
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbostrom15

Ok so I've had my GN2 for about a month now. For the first 2 weeks I could easily go all day on moderate to heavy use. Over the past week and a half however my battery has just started to drain so quickly. I get up at 630am with 100 percent battery life and by 9 I have only 75 percent. This is with only browsing my email checking the news and playing a couple songs through Google Music. Does anybody have any ideas as to what might be wrong with my phone? Am I alone with this?

UPDATE: This actually just happened as I was typing this and has happened twice today. The phone goes through the shutdown screen with the Samsung logo stays black for about 3 seconds then started back up.

what ROM are you running?
what kernel?
have you installed any apps lately that might be running in the background taking up a lot of resources?
12th February 2013, 04:47 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
I see someone else asked what rom you are using, but assuming you are stock, as I am, I have had a similar battery problem. I tried turning off several native apps, and other things without any improvement. I'm with Sprint and was also being randomly dropped from the network, requiring restarts. I called tech support and was about to get the phone replaced, but they required trying a master reset before doing so. That's what I did (with the hardware buttons, not through the software menu), and to my amazement, my phone is better than new! Battery life is what it should be - excellent, and other problems disappeared as well. Just a thought.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jbostrom15

Ok so I've had my GN2 for about a month now. For the first 2 weeks I could easily go all day on moderate to heavy use. Over the past week and a half however my battery has just started to drain so quickly. I get up at 630am with 100 percent battery life and by 9 I have only 75 percent. This is with only browsing my email checking the news and playing a couple songs through Google Music. Does anybody have any ideas as to what might be wrong with my phone? Am I alone with this?

UPDATE: This actually just happened as I was typing this and has happened twice today. The phone goes through the shutdown screen with the Samsung logo stays black for about 3 seconds then started back up.

13th February 2013, 12:23 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat3k

I see someone else asked what rom you are using, but assuming you are stock, as I am, I have had a similar battery problem. I tried turning off several native apps, and other things without any improvement. I'm with Sprint and was also being randomly dropped from the network, requiring restarts. I called tech support and was about to get the phone replaced, but they required trying a master reset before doing so. That's what I did (with the hardware buttons, not through the software menu), and to my amazement, my phone is better than new! Battery life is what it should be - excellent, and other problems disappeared as well. Just a thought.

What is the combination of buttons for a hard reset
13th February 2013, 02:37 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Seems to me it's up&down volume buttons at the same time; power button; home button. You might want to search that to confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbostrom15

What is the combination of buttons for a hard reset

14th February 2013, 02:27 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat3k

Seems to me it's up&down volume buttons at the same time; power button; home button. You might want to search that to confirm.

That didn't work. I've been searching and trying to hard reset but it won't let me
14th February 2013, 02:33 PM |#7  
Skripka's Avatar
Senior Member
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste
Thanks Meter: 1,212
 
More
Download Better Battery Stats and see what it tell you about your partial wakelocks. Something(s) are keeping your phone from Deep Sleep.
15th February 2013, 06:23 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skripka

Download Better Battery Stats and see what it tell you about your partial wakelocks. Something(s) are keeping your phone from Deep Sleep.

Is there any other way to figure out what is keeping my phone like this that doesn't involve having to buy a 3 dollar app
18th February 2013, 12:20 AM |#9  
KEYofR's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 219
 
More
Re: [Q] Major battery life issues
Solving your problem isn't worth 3 of your dollars yet it's worth more of someone elses time or effort?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
18th February 2013, 12:28 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYofR

Solving your problem isn't worth 3 of your dollars yet it's worth more of someone elses time or effort?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

It's just that I've tried a bunch of apps so far and none have helped
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes