Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,679 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CM10.1|4.2.2] Unofficial JellyBeer-v4.14 [Hybrid] [DPI Groups] [April 1]

Tip us?

bonez565
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayneflashindaily View Post
Try another music player. ...there are lots to choose from if problem persist try flapps newest kernels...if problem persist. ...smack your i717 in the laranex and tell it to play your F N music. .....it worked for me

Sent from my SGH-I717R using xda app-developers app
If only smacking it worked, I have tried the latest kernel with no luck, for now i'll just use the bundled Apollo, it looks decent and has better compatibility with my Pebble watch to boot. The only real loss is not being able to scrobble to last.fm

twisted metal
Old
(Last edited by twisted metal; 24th February 2013 at 06:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Default Re: [CM10.1|4.2.2] JellyBeer-v3.57.2 [DPI Groups] [Feb. 17]

So taking pictures work but recording a video doesnt. I'm assuming there's going to be a fix for this. Are there any alternatives or no.

Update: i did a reboot and now recording actually works.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Jamesyboy
Old
Thanks Meter 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted metal View Post
I have but im a noob at this stuff.. are there alternatives then using usb.. like will airdroid work?
Wifi File Explorer works, and the UI/performance differences are OP.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted metal View Post
So taking pictures work but recording a video doesnt. I'm assuming there's going to be a fix for this. Are there any alternatives or no.

Update: i did a reboot and now recording actually works.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
I haven't had any issue whatsoever with recording...I think you may he gotten unlucky with a wonky flash. Backup, wipe, reflash.

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpgeek View Post
you can't cross flash - it's a huge architectural difference and it'll break things.

from what i'm seeing, yes bluetooth (for hid things) is completely broken and works with neither jellybeer 3.57.2 nor cm10.1 (as of 2/19 which is the last build i tested). bluetooth hid devices pair but don't connect after. bluetooth for a2dp seems to be working properly for me though as i was able to successfully pair with and transmit to several bluetooth speaker systems so i'm not sure exactly what's going on, but BT HID devices just plain don't work with current i717 4.2.2 builds from what i'm seeing. if someone here has a method of fixing this, or noticing that it works in more recent builds, or would like to captain this, figure out wtf is wrong, and fix it, I and many others would be greatly appreciative.

HID as in PS3 and Wii Remotes? Or are you working with a different peripheral set? Let's see what we can figure out.

To all:

Please keep in mind that the 4.2x ROMs are previews, built from a CM base. You're not gonna find a fix if a fix doesn't exist. Manuel is great, and if its reasonable and possible, he'll fix it. There are currently no incentive to exclude fixes, for any developer for our device. But there also exists no incentive to duplicate work and create fixes that'll be reworked, or won't be committed to the project. Being a trendsetter on a midnight-showing of a preview-before-the -preview before the release of the preview-for-the-release-of-a-preview will net you a lot of work , and little, to no gain when you see the fix pushed out the next day.

These are unofficial previews which are dang stable, dang fast, and flawless from a feature standpoint. If your needs are niche in nature, you'll likely have better luck in time once we get past the preview stage, or right now with something that isn't a preview.

Car mode (actually my first time even hearing about a car mode for our note....is it a docking profile? An app? Hardware? Send me a PM please!), HID, will probably be pretty low on the Priority-Fix-Totem-Pole, so don't expect a miracle.

With that being said....there's an app for anything. A specific method might not work with your car, but I bet there's an app alternative. There's an app for everything HID, however, is another story sadly. I wouldnt expect an app to work its way around an entire protocol

But people need to be reasonable with their expectations....their expectations of what's essentially an alpha, or pre alpha, and their expectations for a fix...especially one that goes above and beyond what the CM project currently does. Do you guys remember the CM9 previews? We've gone a looooooooong way since then.

This isn't a case of "the fix is out there, grr why isn't this working" because the issue is widespread...but we should clicky-the-thanky button (beyond informing people of their objective-yet-reproducable issues and then moving on) and look to the awesome tweaks and fixes that are exclusive to Manuel and his work, like the flicker workaround.

Phone: SGH-i337 (AT&T Galaxy Note S4) on AT&T - MK2 - Safe Strapped and Rooted - Looking For ROMs

Tablet: 2013 Nexus 7 (ASUS Nexus 7 FHD) Wi-Fi Only - SlimKAT Nightlies (Anxiously Awaiting PAC's Move to 4.4xx)

**~I "I like my women like I like my coffee-- in a burlap sack, on the back of a Bolivian donkey." -- The most interesting man in the world. -- 2013 ~**
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jamesyboy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shayneflashindaily
Old
Thanks Meter 949

DONATE TO ME

I could have beaten mario bros. before reading all that post

Sent from my SGH-I717R using xda app-developers app
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SzkZm7JP58">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SzkZm7JP58" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

roloracer
Old
Thanks Meter 646

Got to say I'm really loving the stability on this latest release, I was planning on restoring back to 4.1.2 but if I can get the battery life I need to last me all day, I'll keep this for work.

RoloRacer on AOSPA Nexus 10
. Did I help you? Hit the thanks button!

Samsung Galaxy Note 3: Dynamic Kat! NC2 - 4.4.2
Samsung Galaxy Note: [ROM] JBSandwich CM9
Nexus 10: [ROM] ThunderKat 4.4.2

savagepagan
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Has anyone tried h0tcakez-JB-4.2.2-Kernel-v3.0.8.zip?
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note I717
ROM: BlackStar XI
Galaxy Tab 7.0 P1000
Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800
Galaxy Tab 8.9 SGH-i957
Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500
ASUS Transformer TF101
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013
Galaxy S2 T989

CPA Poke
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2317

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagepagan View Post
Yep. Stable, QUICK, and maybe it's just me but I've always overheated really easily using FJ's kernels and/or ROMS...but nothing of the sort with this kernel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1313SAM View Post
Please don't encourage dirty flashing. Dirty flashing is like unprotected sex. Yes it may feel better and take less work, but who knows what may happens later. Even though sometimes you still get surprises when you do things right. At least you know you took precautions and where to look for problems.

bonez565
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by savagepagan View Post
Out of curiosity what thread or blog are you watching that let you know about the new kernel releases?

dparrothead1
Old
Thanks Meter 1394
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez565 View Post
Out of curiosity what thread or blog are you watching that let you know about the new kernel releases?
rootdev.org or you can check his goo page.

bonez565
Old
(Last edited by bonez565; 24th February 2013 at 08:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 56
Ok so you just check periodically, there is nothing that can be subscribed to then.

Edit: Just downloaded and installed and no i can't get bluetooth to turn on, anyone else having this issue?

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe