Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,812 Members 50,344 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

|KERNEL| ForceKernel>>AOSP>>6.8 || 1920mhz ||3.0.64|| 2|25

Tip us?
 
ptmr3
Old
#21  
ptmr3's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 20,684
Posts: 8,477
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Aurora

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: |KERNEL| ForceKernel>>AOSP || 1920mhz ||3.0.61|| 2|12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenman03 View Post
Ive redownloaded 3 times now and checksums match. After flashing in CWR i wait like you say, but after 10-15 min of waiting i give up. Then manually go into CWR and flash basickernal and all is well again.
Well maybe its time to turn in the horse and buggy and get TWRP

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app
 
millerd79
Old
#22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 378
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Flashed no problem with rootbox..ty
 
jdenman03
Old
#23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 149
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptmr3 View Post
Well maybe its time to turn in the horse and buggy and get TWRP

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app
Ok i flashed twrp just to get this. STILL doesnt work. Tried doing a full wipe, and it still doesn't work. Maybe I'll try a different ROM later with it. I really just want it for hotplug.
 
Kaleb Randleaxe
Old
#24  
Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 77
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toledo, OH
Flashed with TWRP. Starts booting but goes to black, and the phone becomes unresponsive. MD5 checks out, and I've tried a couple of times, letting it sit for 10 minutes each before battery pulling and getting back to recovery.

Should be noted that I do have BasicKernel running now with a custom boot animation. Would that impact things?
 
secularist
Old
#25  
secularist's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 105
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alexandria VA
Default Re: |KERNEL| ForceKernel>>AOSP || 1920mhz ||3.0.61|| 2|12

I experienced the same infinite black screen when flashing while running the Basic kernel...as soon as I flashed back to this morning's CM10.1 release with it's kernel it was no problem. Don't know if it means anything but I was seeing others with anecdotal evidence of issues when already using Basic.

FWIW...Thank you for this option. Seems pretty awesome so far.

sent from my CM10.1-pimped i605
Carbon ROM'd i605
 
jdenman03
Old
#26  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 149
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb Randleaxe View Post
Flashed with TWRP. Starts booting but goes to black, and the phone becomes unresponsive. MD5 checks out, and I've tried a couple of times, letting it sit for 10 minutes each before battery pulling and getting back to recovery.

Should be noted that I do have BasicKernel running now with a custom boot animation. Would that impact things?
My exact problem. Looks like it has to do with us running the basickernal
 
Kaleb Randleaxe
Old
#27  
Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 77
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toledo, OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenman03 View Post
My exact problem. Looks like it has to do with us running the basickernal
It would appear so. Gonna re-flash the nightly and then try this again. I'll report back.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

After reflashing back to stock kernel and then reflashing this, it worked. So there's that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaleb Randleaxe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ahjee
Old
#28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 229
Posts: 1,342
Join Date: Mar 2010
Default Re: |KERNEL| ForceKernel>>AOSP || 1920mhz ||3.0.61|| 2|12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptmr3 View Post
Will work on carbon just fine. Carbon was forked from LiquidSmooth which was the first test

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app
No matter what I try I can not get this kernel to work on Carbon. Every time it's flashed on it, the ROM will not boot. The screen turns black and just hangs

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
 
ptmr3
Old
#29  
ptmr3's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 20,684
Posts: 8,477
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Aurora

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: |KERNEL| ForceKernel>>AOSP || 1920mhz ||3.0.61|| 2|12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahjee View Post
No matter what I try I can not get this kernel to work on Carbon. Every time it's flashed on it, the ROM will not boot. The screen turns black and just hangs

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Did you check md5?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app
 
ptmr3
Old
#30  
ptmr3's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 20,684
Posts: 8,477
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Aurora

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Re: |KERNEL| ForceKernel>>AOSP || 1920mhz ||3.0.61|| 2|12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahjee View Post
No matter what I try I can not get this kernel to work on Carbon. Every time it's flashed on it, the ROM will not boot. The screen turns black and just hangs

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Are you using basic kernel

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes