Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[How-to]Root Android 4.2.2 And Install CWM v6.0.2.3

OP udimars30

12th February 2013, 02:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 222

380 posts
Donate to Me
More
Here We have the Root And CWM for Nexus 10 On Android 4.2.2!

Step 1 - Download Android SDK from the Android Developers website and install with USB drivers. See: How to Set Up Android SDK (Fastboot / ADB) on Windows.

Step 2 - Enable USB Debugging mode in your Nexus 10 tablet.

Step 3 - Download Fastboot and extract it in android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory. Create directory if not already there.

NOTE: Skip Steps 1, 2, 3 if you already have them.

Step 4 - Download SuperSU v1.04 (UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.04.zip) and copy it to your sdcard on your Nexus 10 tablet.

Step 5 - Make sure you have backup your data as it will be removed. Then switch OFF your Nexus 10.

Step 6 - Download recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-manta.img and copy/paste it in the android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory.

Step 7 - Now go into Fastboot Mode on Nexus 10. How? Press Volume Down + UP + Power key for a few seconds till you see some text on the screen.
Step 8 - Navigate to android-sdk-windowsplatform-tools directory and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).

Step 9 - Type in the following command and press Enter.

Quote:

fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-6.0.2.3-manta.img

Step 10 - Once completed, choose RECOVERY MODE from the Fastboot menu and enter Recovery Mode.

Step 11 - Then scroll down to “flash zip from SD card” and press the Power button to select it.

Step 12 - Press the Power button again and select “choose zip from sdcard”.

Step 13 - Now using your volume keys, navigate to the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.04.zip file that you copied to your SD card and select it using the Power button. Confirm the installation on the next screen and the installation procedure should start now.

Step 14 - After the installation completes, go to “+++++Go Back” and reboot the phone by selecting “reboot system now” from the recovery menu. Then Choose yes flash recovery back (this will make CWM your permanent recovery mode)

That’s it. Your Nexus 10 is now rooted on Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 software version of Jelly Bean and even has a custom CWM recovery installed. Check for the SuperSU app in your apps list to verify.

Root and CWM for Nexus 7
Root and CWM for Nexus 4
Last edited by udimars30; 16th February 2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: new link for fastboot files
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to udimars30 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2013, 02:45 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gurgaon

380 posts
Donate to Me
More
Reserved...
12th February 2013, 03:32 PM   |  #3  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 121

683 posts
More
Thanks udi, but could you also post how to do it on stock rom with stock recovery? Much appreciated! I keep wathing your youtube videos lol
12th February 2013, 03:55 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gurgaon

380 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lKBZl

Thanks udi, but could you also post how to do it on stock rom with stock recovery? Much appreciated! I keep wathing your youtube videos lol

what do u want root or recovery??
12th February 2013, 03:58 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 8

113 posts
AW: [How-to]Root Android 4.2.2 And Install CWM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lKBZl

I think you have to unlock your device first. Then you can easily install your custom recovery
13th February 2013, 04:28 AM   |  #6  
Flag Westfield
Thanks Meter: 38

532 posts
Donate to Me
More
how do I install TWRP now?

never mind was trying to flash a .TAR file this wayyy... figured it out. need a .img
13th February 2013, 05:34 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 6

90 posts
Use the nexus 10 toolkit
Side Load via adb,
then re run the everything script in toolkit.

Worked like a charm for me, however, I did have to reflash back to my first backup, to be on stock 4.2.1 with stock kernel
14th February 2013, 03:39 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 5

25 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdunlop

Use the nexus 10 toolkit
Side Load via adb,
then re run the everything script in toolkit.

Worked like a charm for me, however, I did have to reflash back to my first backup, to be on stock 4.2.1 with stock kernel

did it work for 4.2.2 ? i was rooted with 4.2.1 but the OTA screw it up.. i have to recover to factory .. then OTA to 4.2.2

could you please be more specific ? 
15th February 2013, 09:53 AM   |  #9  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 34

118 posts
More
followed this method last night and got my tablet rooted with TWRP's recovery!
15th February 2013, 10:50 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gurgaon

380 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by epunk

followed this method last night and got my tablet rooted with TWRP's recovery!

Glad that It's working!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread