Looking for an app that can set more precise volumes and works with Tasker

Search This thread

ProximaC

Oct 27, 2009
Tacoma
I use Tasker to set my volumes down low when at work, but even at level 1, the Note 2 is pretty damn loud in an office. Is there any equalizer apps that work with Tasker to set the volume levels lower than 1?

UtkarshGupta

Nov 17, 2012
New Delhi
It might sound stupid but attach earphones and adjust the value accordingly. :D as I said intensive stupidity but it is a solution....

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Androssama

Nov 13, 2012
That video is what got me wanting this functionality. I just want it to be automated.

What if ... you set a specific ringtone for the work place and reduced it's volume. I edited one of the stock ringtones to serve as an example. Listen to both on your phone.

Ringing_to_you (Stock)
Ringing_to_you - -15db (After applying -15db)

Not a very elegant solution. I can edit a file for you if you don't have the tools

EDIT: I assumed it was the ringtone volume that's bothering you, now I've re-read the op I'm not so sure.

Last edited:

ProximaC

Oct 27, 2009
Tacoma
It's my sms tone specifically. If Tasker could change the default sounds for things other than the ringer it would be perfect. The suggestion of changing the volume of the file directly is probably the best for now.