[Q] Will Razr MAXX HD work on T-Mobile's HSPA+

Search This thread

rayluc25

Oct 14, 2011
I need a long lasting phone with a big battery, and I like that the Razr HD can be upgraded to Jelly Bean.

My question is, is there a variant of the Razr Maxx HD that will work on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network?

Rather, is there in existence another version of the Razr Maxx HD other than the one available from Verizon (as in, a version that doesnt' have CDMA at all?)

Thanks.

tech_head

I need a long lasting phone with a big battery, and I like that the Razr HD can be upgraded to Jelly Bean.

My question is, is there a variant of the Razr Maxx HD that will work on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network?

Rather, is there in existence another version of the Razr Maxx HD other than the one available from Verizon (as in, a version that doesnt' have CDMA at all?)

Thanks.

You would have to get a Verizon version and flash the radio.

thePromoter

Nov 14, 2011
I bought one and I am currently using it with my carrier, that uses 850 and 2100 bands.

All you have to do is to check if the phone has compatibility with your network (I think TMo's 1700)

I usually check the network compatibility on the gsm arena site

Rocking it through the N4

T

thund3rbay

Thanks.

NO HSPA... UNTIL YOU ARE IN A 1900 3G AREA ... LIKE LAS VEGAS, NEW YORK OR OTHERS 3G 1900 Market !

higc

May 11, 2010
Yes

I've got the razr hd verizon version and it will work with T-mobile at those speeds. At least around Dallas. There is a post that describes how to do it with a program called DFS. It involves changing a number under tab NV from 01 to 00. I think it was under the razr m posts. I took me two times but it did work. Look for T-Mobil AT&T GSM on Razr M page 19. It will work for an XT926.Ver.4.0.4. Mine is not rooted. Yet. Good luck. Quick note. Verizon has the phone blocked for use with American GSM networks. There is no unlock code. There's a lot of sites trying to sell that crap and it doesn't work. Find the page and use that method. Or you can use the Aussie radio flash. That will work too without unlocking, rooting. Yes I did it.

Last edited: