Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Best Anti-Fingerprint screen protector?

OP volfan22

12th February 2013, 07:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29

289 posts
Do you guys have any suggestions on which screen protector does the best of keeping the screen clear of fingerprints? I feel like I'm constantly wiping my screen protector off. I am using the screen protectors from vzw.
12th February 2013, 08:12 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by volfan22

Do you guys have any suggestions on which screen protector does the best of keeping the screen clear of fingerprints? I feel like I'm constantly wiping my screen protector off. I am using the screen protectors from vzw.

I have the same problem.... armour suit-military shield works the best for me..
12th February 2013, 08:23 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 21

191 posts
Re: Best Anti-Fingerprint screen protector?
I'm also on the same boat...using a Zagg Ultrashield right now. Although I like the feel of it, its a huge fingerprint magnet. Just looked into an RND anti glare and fingerprint set off Amazon, hopefully it will be better.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
12th February 2013, 09:56 PM   |  #4  
Flag Silver Spring
Thanks Meter: 11

185 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertoast92

I'm also on the same boat...using a Zagg Ultrashield right now. Although I like the feel of it, its a huge fingerprint magnet. Just looked into an RND anti glare and fingerprint set off Amazon, hopefully it will be better.

Let us know how that goes, im looking to buy a new screen protector too, hate having to constantly wipe my screen!
12th February 2013, 10:27 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

289 posts
Re: Best Anti-Fingerprint screen protector?
I figured I wasn't the only one lol. It feels like every time I take it out of my pocket I'm wiping the screen off.

12th February 2013, 10:49 PM   |  #6  

191 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt33

Let us know how that goes, im looking to buy a new screen protector too, hate having to constantly wipe my screen!

Will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by volfan22

I figured I wasn't the only one lol. It feels like every time I take it out of my pocket I'm wiping the screen off.

Same here, except before I put it in my pocket
13th February 2013, 01:08 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 24

101 posts
Day Deal has a screen protector for the DNA, described as Anti Glare, which is great at minimizing finger prints and smudges.

It hides most fingerprints, but if you do get any fingerprints or smudges, a quick wipe on your pants or tee-shirt cleans it right up.

Also, the screen looks very good when the device is turned on.

On the negative side, it IS noticable on your screen, when the screen is turned off.

Also, it doesn't go right up to the edges, but it does cover the touch buttons at the bottom of the screen.

Works well with most covers.
13th February 2013, 06:06 PM   |  #8  

191 posts
Well, Amazon is fast that's for sure. Ordered the screen protector yesterday with free 2-day and it showed up today. It isn't edge-to-edge, which is a bit disappointing as you have to be extremely precise in aligning it with the screen itself. At least it covers the buttons. A plus about not being edge-to-edge is that there's no interference with my case, so I won't have to worry about bubbling up. Guess this will do until I find a better matte set...
13th February 2013, 11:12 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

289 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertoast92

Well, Amazon is fast that's for sure. Ordered the screen protector yesterday with free 2-day and it showed up today. It isn't edge-to-edge, which is a bit disappointing as you have to be extremely precise in aligning it with the screen itself. At least it covers the buttons. A plus about not being edge-to-edge is that there's no interference with my case, so I won't have to worry about bubbling up. Guess this will do until I find a better matte set...

Gosh that was quick! It sounds like it is exactly the same dimensions as the stock ones from vzw. On the sides it just barely covers the screen. But what do you think about it so far? Keeping the fingerprints off good?
14th February 2013, 02:24 PM   |  #10  

191 posts
Yep, sounds right, this one barely covers the edges of the screen.

I think it's much better than the Zagg I was using in terms of functionality. Keeps fingerprints off relatively well, still get some smears but they come off so much easier than with the Zagg. Plus it feels so much cleaner when swiping...what I was using before made my thumbs feel like they were glued to the screen when I swiped. The only thing I wished is that it was edge-to-edge, but then again, that would probably cause issues with a case.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread