Root the DNA

Search This thread

addictedhacks

Jan 1, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Is there like some sort of secret to root this phone? And if not why isn't it posted all over the place. HTC Dev wont let me unlock so it's impossible for me to do anything.

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
Also the sticky in the development section that lists all of the root methods mods Roms you name it I'm sure its in that post

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

.torrented

Mar 7, 2011
www.cyanfox-rom.com
Is there like some sort of secret to root this phone? And if not why isn't it posted all over the place. HTC Dev wont let me unlock so it's impossible for me to do anything.

Youre a little late..... 10 years late. Read the first post it wasn't there. However, It might be there now. :D

Well there isnt anything indicating that you've found what you were looking for, I'm not quite sure what you mean by me being 10 years late and I do know for a fact that a little searching around the development forums you would have found this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2011243 at the top of the page just where I said... oh and all questions are supposed to be posted in the Q & A section...

you gotta unlock the bootloader first then flash a boot.img w/ system write enabled then flash a recovery then the modules and then the superuser.zip to get root access...

Reactions: n8mack33

addictedhacks

Jan 1, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Well there isnt anything indicating that you've found what you were looking for, I'm not quite sure what you mean by me being 10 years late and I do know for a fact that a little searching around the development forums you would have found this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2011243 at the top of the page just where I said... oh and all questions are supposed to be posted in the Q & A section...

you gotta unlock the bootloader first then flash a boot.img w/ system write enabled then flash a recovery then the modules and then the superuser.zip to get root access...

Thanks man. Have a good one!

n8mack33

Oct 7, 2007
There is also a really good thread stickied in the Q&A Section which explains some issues and links the unlock method. The unlock method thread should probably also be stickied in the Development Section IMHO.

mrbidjey

Feb 16, 2012
North Jersey
Help With Root

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS UNLOCKING THING!!! I just got the DNA on 2/14 and nothing is going through. I have been trying for the past two days. I try the CID.apk method...nada; HTCDev method...nada; tried flash RUU method...same crap. All failing!!! Do I need to return it and got another one???

beaups

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS UNLOCKING THING!!! I just got the DNA on 2/14 and nothing is going through. I have been trying for the past two days. I try the CID.apk method...nada; HTCDev method...nada; tried flash RUU method...same crap. All failing!!! Do I need to return it and got another one???

How about providing some actual, useable information. Like,what does "failing" mean exactly?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

mrbidjey

Feb 16, 2012
North Jersey
You're right beaups, let me break it down:
-From the CID.apk method, I got the "VZW_001" in abd fastboot oem readcid, which I heard is a no go.
-At HTCDev I got the error code #160 message (MID Not allowed) when I pasted the token ID (from start to end, excluding the word INFO) that I obtained from fastboot oem get_ identifier_token.
-RUU.exe stated not to be able to update my device to 1.15xxx from 2.4.605.2
I don't know what else to do. I cannot retire my Droid 4 just yet because of that. Your help would be very appreciated.

beaups

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH
You're right beaups, let me break it down:
-From the CID.apk method, I got the "VZW_001" in abd fastboot oem readcid, which I heard is a no go.
-At HTCDev I got the error code #160 message (MID Not allowed) when I pasted the token ID (from start to end, excluding the word INFO) that I obtained from fastboot oem get_ identifier_token.
-RUU.exe stated not to be able to update my device to 1.15xxx from 2.4.605.2
I don't know what else to do. I cannot retire my Droid 4 just yet because of that. Your help would be very appreciated.

Ok. Has your phone already taken the update? (What software version are you on?). If its been ota'd, there is no unlock method for you currently. And based on what I've found so far, there may not be one any time soon.

mrbidjey

Feb 16, 2012
North Jersey
Ok. Has your phone already taken the update? (What software version are you on?). If its been ota'd, there is no unlock method for you currently. And based on what I've found so far, there may not be one any time soon.

Yes I had an update as soon as I slipped my SIM card in. I am running the 2.4.605.2 version right now. Can the Jcase's exploit help me change the CID in order to unlock the bootloader via HTCDev?

Jaybone073

Feb 22, 2013
Vidalia, GA.
No. There is no method to unclock your phone at this time.

As this is my first post I beg of you to take it a little easy on me. I am currently on the new OTA and have had the DNA for 5 days. I realize the lockdown on this phone is particularly harsh with this update so I am curious if I can return the phone to Verizon for a non-updated new one but I will need some type of ammo to go in there with to really get them to exchange it. The only problem I have had so far is that my financial pages for paying bills (Verizon included) and my expense reporting will not load. Perhaps this is a java error that the OTA may have caused and I am sure Verizon wants their money so that will be a way to win.

Are there any major issues with the current OTA I can add to my complaint list to get my hands on another one?

And yes, it is very rude to ask a dev if they are coming close to a solution but I am curious if it will be all for naught and the workaround is on the horizon or in the near future. I'm sure it's on many new owners' minds and they are scared to ask so let the noob bashing begin on me. I can take the abuse.

Knowing my luck I will come home from the store and blammo beaups and jcase have cracked it.:)

Update : Called Verizon, made claim, got a new in box sealed DNA, brought it home and went to work on it!

Proud owner now of a rooted, unlocked, s-off, rom and custom kernel running, new OTA radio, future updates from Verizon ota's blocked, bad boy of a DNA!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts