Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Why does Order and Chaos Online play smoother on my phone than on my Nexus 7?

Tip us?

danomat1073
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Why does Order and Chaos Online play smoother on my phone than on my Nexus 7?

I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone and Order and Chaos Online plays very well, but when I play it on my Nexus 7 Tablet it lags and the draw distance is horrible. Does anyone know why this is and is there a fix for the lag? Is there a rom and kernel combo that runs games better than rooted stock?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

fushla
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Default AW: Why does Order and Chaos Online play smoother on my phone than on my Nexus 7?

I bet it has something to do with tegra (;
I was warned before my purchase that Gameloft games MAY not work good with this device.. Never touched a GL game though..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to fushla For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

player911
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 900

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Why does Order and Chaos Online play smoother on my phone than on my Nexus 7?

Its Gameloft.

Order and Chaos worked brilliantly on my Tegra 2 Transformer with a hacked apk from a Motorola Xoom. After every update they killed the patch work. Once it got official support, it sucks.

Same on N7. Pretty sad.

I know it can play much better and if you warez it, it plays great. I've purchased the game 3 times. At this point I think I'm entitled to make it play any way I can.

At the end of the day it is just a train wreck company that doesn't code well for Tegras. Whatever they do to Tegra games is bad.

The game is playable though so just enjoy it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
LG G2 - Modded Stock
Nexus 7 FHD - Jelly Bean 4.4.2 [CM Kang Banged]
HTC Touch Pro►HTC Touch Diamond 2►Nexus One►LG G2x►HTC Rezound►Galaxy NexusLG G2!
iPad►iPad2►Asus TransformerGalaxy Tab 7 [CM10]Nook►Nook TabletNexus 7Nexus 7 FHD!

[Site Owner] MiiWiiChat.com - Free Chat for your Wii
[Site Owner] SnapSite Admins.com - Free Custom Website

Like what I do? - Donations welcome or hit the Thanks button!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to player911 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

danomat1073
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Re: Why does Order and Chaos Online play smoother on my phone than on my Nexus 7?

Thanks for the info I guess I will stick with my phone for this game.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

fushla
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Default AW: Why does Order and Chaos Online play smoother on my phone than on my Nexus 7?

Maybe 4.2.2 will increase the performance, people claim that gaming is better in the new version (:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

vpamir
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
It sucks on N7. Choppy gameplay, unregistered touches... horrible.

kesongpinoy
Old
Thanks Meter 15
tegra 3 is a weak SoC. something we nexus 7 owners must learn to accept

Metallice
Old
(Last edited by Metallice; 24th February 2013 at 05:46 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4667

DONATE TO ME

The weak spot of the Tegra 3 is the fill rate due to slow RAM. This is also why GPU over clocking barely increases FPS.

The powervrs in iOS devices on the other hand excel here.

Gameloft designs games for iOS and the GS3 only.

Therefore, the powervr in your GNex runs Gameloft games better that the Tegra 3.

The T3 is a great GPU for being over a year old. The problem is you have to work around this slow RAM, something Gameloft isn't willing to do... Unlike mad finger for example.

In the T4 Nvidia has realized its mistake and added dual channel faster RAM which is partly why the GPU performance is much better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Metallice For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

D-X69
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I face similar problems, its smooth on my iphone 5 and lags like hell on my nexus 10. Is the android version bad?? =\

erica_renee
Old
Thanks Meter 497

DONATE TO ME

I think it's a tegra thing. It's much better on my note 10.1 with android 4.1 then nexus. On nexus I get ghosting terrible worse then on note.
It's Kewl game would be in it more if not for lag. And it's a shame it's great game play. And I paid the yearly subscription.
They are my Nexus 7,Note 10.1 and Note 2 phone.
Get your own.Play nice and follow the rules or you WILL end up in the knob jail Cell