True optical mouse

OP aselker

13th February 2013, 03:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

76 posts
More
I recently had an idea for an Android app, and possibly accessory. Turn on the flash LED and use the camera like the sensor in an optical mouse, to detect motion compared to the table. This might require a custom case with a lens and spacers. I would pay money for this, and I bet many others would.
Sorry if I am posting in the wrong section.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aselker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2013, 03:44 AM   |  #2  
Flag Scarborough
Thanks Meter: 3

37 posts
More
Re: True optical mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by aselker

I recently had an idea for an Android app, and possibly accessory. Turn on the flash LED and use the camera like the sensor in an optical mouse, to detect motion compared to the table. This might require a custom case with a lens and spacers. I would pay money for this, and I bet many others would.
Sorry if I am posting in the wrong section.

sounds like a cool idea. yeah defo special case though or scratched up phone. probally would'nt use it much but a cool feature

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
13th February 2013, 05:08 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 277

532 posts
More
Using the light like that isn't healthy for it, better off using an app like this: free mouse app
15th February 2013, 02:13 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

76 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunnyBearLewis

Using the light like that isn't healthy for it, better off using an app like this: free mouse app

But that app is a trackpad, not a mouse of the sort that you move around.
Is it possible to PWM the flash? If not, you could always attach a $1 LED flashlight to the case.
23rd January 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
I would definitely pay money for this. to be able to use my phone as a Bluetooth mouse would be so much better then using the laptop trackpad. with camera + accellerometer/gyro, I would imagine you could get a reasonable level of responsiveness. seems surprisin that this hasn't been done yet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread