Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,512 Members 41,716 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Aussie version GT-N8010

Tip us?

Ricbec
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Aussie version GT-N8010

Hi all

Just got a question regarding the version software my note is running,

I understand there are a number of different versions getting around, I'm unclear as to what is the latest version for my particular model

Currently it is running 4.0.4, yet I know there are much newer versions getting around, yet when I try to run an update it says there are no updates for my device

Can anyone clarify for me if what I have is the newest version for my note

Cheers

camo.b
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Re: [Q] Aussie version GT-N8010

I havent got a 8010 i have the optus delivered 4g version 8020 and im on 4.1.2 i think.plug yours into a pc and fire up samsung kies...let it do its thing and check for a update.you should have one available.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
GALAXY TAB......almost my fave
GALAXY S ...........not bad
ZTE v9 tab unlocked and rooted....now 2.2
HD2 love it .....android and a cracked screen!!!
KAISER...no flash no good
HERMES......all sold
iphones galore and a ipad for good measure

tap007
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricbec View Post
Hi all

Just got a question regarding the version software my note is running,

I understand there are a number of different versions getting around, I'm unclear as to what is the latest version for my particular model

Currently it is running 4.0.4, yet I know there are much newer versions getting around, yet when I try to run an update it says there are no updates for my device

Can anyone clarify for me if what I have is the newest version for my note

Cheers
You can flash you device throught Odin:
Use BTU or NZC firmware.

h**p://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-N8010

Ricbec
Old
(Last edited by Ricbec; 13th February 2013 at 10:57 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well believe it or not kies says it is the most current version, guess we must just miss out here in Aus

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 576
This is why I use other country roms...

Ricbec
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I dont think I'd ever have the courage to do something like that on my own device, sounds a little complicated to the novice modder, I'd be too scared to brick it!!

spigot
Old
Thanks Meter 59
You shouldn't be. It's a piece of cake.
http://techmell.com/android-tips/how...cial-firmware/
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
History -> FSC Loox N560 -> HTC Diamond 2 -> ZTE Skate -> HTC EVO 3D -> Samsung Galaxy SIII -> HTC One M8 (metal grey)
Galaxy Note 10.1

Ricbec
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Is it possible however that I may lose some functionality by doing this? It does sound simple enough, I can build computers so I should be able to do it

Ohh, and I lose all software installed correct?, hence the extra special need to backup prior?

camo.b
Old
Thanks Meter 1

I didnt lose any apps or settings but I went from 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 updated without a hitch.it will sudgest a backup but I didnt have time or my pc to backup too.i was at work.but a backup is good while you are waiting for the file to download.not sure what the go is nowdays but I use to use titanium backup the paid version.you need a rooted tab tho....not a big deal....google exynos abuse and grab the apk and install that.its made by a dev called chainfire (very trustworthy)it can root your tab in about 30 secs.once rooted you can backup you apps and settings if needed.i somtimes had probs with the settings part, but no probs with the just apps. Once backup is done flash the new firmware, reboot and play for a few mins....then reboot again....root tab again with exynos abuse as it should loose root rights with the new firmware....then re install titanium and load your backup and or your sammy kies backup too. Clear as mud eh?

Sent from my GT-N8020 using XDA Premium HD app
GALAXY TAB......almost my fave
GALAXY S ...........not bad
ZTE v9 tab unlocked and rooted....now 2.2
HD2 love it .....android and a cracked screen!!!
KAISER...no flash no good
HERMES......all sold
iphones galore and a ipad for good measure

spigot
Old
Thanks Meter 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricbec View Post
Ohh, and I lose all software installed correct?, hence the extra special need to backup prior?
No, you don't loose apps, but it's recommended to factory reset your device. I went through 4.0.3 -> 4.1.1 -> 4.1.2 without wiping. But finally I did a factory reset to be sure
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
History -> FSC Loox N560 -> HTC Diamond 2 -> ZTE Skate -> HTC EVO 3D -> Samsung Galaxy SIII -> HTC One M8 (metal grey)
Galaxy Note 10.1