Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,807 Members 43,729 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] modding the stock rom

Tip us?

mojorisin7178
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Default [Q] modding the stock rom

Hi I was wondering if any of the devs out there can make a thread with a collection of modds for the stock rom. So we can do what we want without flashing a new rom. Or just flash the deodexed stock rom. Then add modds. It would be something like this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2057732

That is how I got my note 2 setup the way I like it. I do want to learn how to do that kinda stuff myself but I am not ready for that yet. Just an Idea if not then I will just have to use one of the roms we have here.
Current Device:

Tmobile Galaxy Note 2 T889
TWRP 2.3.1.2
Stock TMO rom (for now till we get AOKP or any AOSP rom)

Previous devices:

Tmobile Samsung Galaxy s2 T989
TWRP 2.2.0
AOKP JB milestone 1

Tmobile g2x
CWM touch
AOKP milestone 5
Daily driver Eaglesblood ICS

Acer A200
CWM 5.5
Stock ROM ICS

elesbb
Old
Thanks Meter 4237

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [Q] modding the stock rom

What mod are you looking for?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

mt3g
Old
Thanks Meter 3120

DONATE TO ME
I would gladly start adding things like that to my Resource guide, I'm just not pulling all the links of things and moving them cause it would take hours and hours, not to mention some of the mods out there are rom specific and will not work on just a deodexed version. If people were to test and confirm I'd start working on it for my Resource guide.
**HTC Uno Crew**
***Former RC Crew***

photolarry
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Info 2 I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3g View Post
I would gladly start adding things like that to my Resource guide, I'm just not pulling all the links of things and moving them cause it would take hours and hours, not to mention some of the mods out there are rom specific and will not work on just a deodexed version. If people were to test and confirm I'd start working on it for my Resource guide.
I currently would love to learn how to do kitchen mods. But nobody offered any tutorials on such matters for a Windows box. I know I know...Linux/Ubuntu is easier with source but I am not ready to learn all that crap. I think there is a Kitchen for Windows but have not found it out there just yet. If someone has a link...I would be grateful. THX
================================================== =======================
Phone: Galaxy Note 2 : Sprint Variant - Rooted
Android: 4.4.2
Model: SGH-L900
Build: KOT49H.L900VPUCNE2
Baseband: L900VPUCNE2
ROM: Rooted Stock VPUCEN2

Towle
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1844
Default Re: [Q] modding the stock rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolarry View Post
I currently would love to learn how to do kitchen mods. But nobody offered any tutorials on such matters for a Windows box. I know I know...Linux/Ubuntu is easier with source but I am not ready to learn all that crap. I think there is a Kitchen for Windows but have not found it out there just yet. If someone has a link...I would be grateful. THX
Search for UOT kitchen.

Also check out morphology in the themes section.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
“If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. … We need not wait to see what others do.” -Gandhi