Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 51,153 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Note 2 N7100 not start up !

Tip us?
 
Mu_AlTaweel
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Feb 2013
Question [Q] Note 2 N7100 not start up !

Hello,

I bought my note 2 three months ago & It did very well untill 2 days ago

My note 2 had a lagging & hanging issues yesterday and I had to restart it many times when it didnt repond , I thought it may be a virus so I did scans using 3 different antiviruses and was clean , then I thought it may be a bad app. so I uninstalled some of recent installed apps but no improvement ! I even removed some of videos to decrease the memory and get the sd card and the sim card out , but also no improvement !!

P.S. The phone was some times previously give me a crashed touch wiz home messages and some apps were crashed also , so I guessed it may be the launcher so I tried other launchers or may be the apps & uninstalled them but still I found the same problem .

So I got bored & went to sleep with the phone very laggy but working for some time after each restart

When I woke up today , I found the phone turned off , I tried to switch it on , but No Response at all !!! only the small red light near the front camera is fluctuating when I try to switch it on !!!
I removed the battery and tried every thing but NO RESPONSE !!!!

P.S. it`s on stock ROM with 4.1.1 JB

PLZ ppl help me
 
UtkarshGupta
Old
#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3536
Posts: 4,272
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New Delhi
Default Re: [Q] Note 2 N7100 not start up !

You are a victim of sds.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
 
Mu_AlTaweel
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtkarshGupta View Post
You are a victim of sds.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
Actually I used the sd card for only a few hours & I experienced these problems before the SD card used , I think it`s not the problem
 
T511
Old
(Last edited by T511; 13th February 2013 at 02:17 PM.)
#4  
T511's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 92
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baku
Default Re: [Q] Note 2 N7100 not start up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu_AlTaweel View Post
Actually I used the sd card for only a few hours & I experienced these problems before the SD card used , I think it`s not the problem
SDS - Sudden Death Syndrome. Its not SD card. If your phone chip was 0xf1 and your phone was on 4.1.1 so its sure sds and phone is dead. You had to update your phone to 4.1.2 with Odin because it has fix from sds .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
 
UtkarshGupta
Old
#5  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3536
Posts: 4,272
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: New Delhi
Default Re: [Q] Note 2 N7100 not start up !

Have you ever rooted ? If not return phone to service center asap.
If yes then go into download mode and click volume up and tell what is your counter status

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to UtkarshGupta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Mu_AlTaweel
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by T511 View Post
SDS - Sudden Death Syndrome. Its not SD card. If your phone chip was 0xf1 and your phone was on 4.1.1 so its sure sds and phone is dead. You had to update your phone to 4.1.2 with Odin because it has fix from sds .

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
thanx for yor reply & explanation , but how can I update it with odin ?! it doesn`t start up or connect to the PC !
 
Mu_AlTaweel
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtkarshGupta View Post
Have you ever rooted ? If not return phone to service center asap.
If yes then go into download mode and click volume up and tell what is your counter status

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
thanx for reply ,

I never rooted the device

If I return it to the service center , how can I avoid such problem in the future ?
 
T511
Old
(Last edited by T511; 13th February 2013 at 03:49 PM.)
#8  
T511's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 92
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baku
Default Re: [Q] Note 2 N7100 not start up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu_AlTaweel View Post
thanx for reply ,

I never rooted the device

If I return it to the service center , how can I avoid such problem in the future ?
When you get replacement phone check its chip ( via "emmc brickbug check" application from play market ) . If its 0xf1 ... do not take it... if its chip 0xf7 or other you can take it. Mainly phones with 0xf1 on 4.1.1 affected sds. And main - upgrade to 4.1.2 as it has fix from sds.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to T511 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Mu_AlTaweel
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by T511 View Post
When you get replacement phone check its chip ( via "emmc brickbug check" application from play market ) . If its 0xf1 ... do not take it... if its chip 0xf7 or other you can take it. Mainly phones with 0xf1 on 4.1.1 affected sds. And main - upgrade to 4.1.2 as it has fix from sds.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
thank you very much I really appreciate your help , I will send it to the service center & see what they will say .
 
estugarda
Old
(Last edited by estugarda; 13th February 2013 at 05:05 PM.)
#10  
estugarda's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 292
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by T511 View Post
When you get replacement phone check its chip ( via "emmc brickbug check" application from play market ) . If its 0xf1 ... do not take it... if its chip 0xf7 or other you can take it. Mainly phones with 0xf1 on 4.1.1 affected sds.
If you get the chance to check the chip before you get the new device. Which I doubt you will. You'll probably get the phone sealed, and Samsung will hardly get you the new phone only because there is a chip inside which is prone to fail. This is the main problem. Samsung still doesn't acknowledge the SDS. At least not in whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T511 View Post
And main - upgrade to 4.1.2 as it has fix from sds.
Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium
This was never confirmed by Samsung. If you ask me, it's a myth. Some devs thought it might be the fix, and Samsung never denied it. That doesn't mean it is a fix. They fixed the exynos bug, but it has nothing to do with this.

I think it's awful how Samsung threats us.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...