[Guide] [Suggestion] [Blue Stacks] [Windows] easy folder access
a few days ago i installed Bluestacks and immeadiately realized the entire computer is not viewable
so i started looking for a way to make it so i found a bunch of ways for previous versions but with this version and its altered windows regestry archeture i was unable to impliment them
so i decide to try a simple directory junction and it worked heres the method i used
it uses junction points
okay there are ultimately 2 ways to do this
one is with a utillity (i use Link Shell Extension) and the other is through command
you need your file system to be NTFS however if you are running Vista or 7 you are already on it (its the default)
im not sure if its the default on windows XP (if your using fat or fat32 on XP use the following CMD)
convert [driveletter:] /fs:ntfs
example convert c: /fs:ntfs
for more info visit the following knoledge base artcle support [dot] microsoft [dot] com kb/307881
for my example i am going to link "my music" to bluestacks through a folder that is rarely used but read by bluestacks
- Close out of bluestacks
- so to start install Link Shell Extension and allow it to restart explorer (i cant post links so you will have to google it, the developers web site ends with [dot] at)
- now navigate to your user profile (paste the following in the explorer address bare to go right there)
- Right Click on "my music" or "music"
- Click "Pick Link Source"
- now go to public pictures
- right click in pictures
- hover over "drop as" and select "Junction"
- open bluestacks
- launch your file browser and navigate to "/mnt/sdcard/bstfolder/PublicPictures"
- and music should be there
this can be adjusted for as many folders you want except C://", "C://Users", "C://Users/public", "C://Users/Public/Pictures" (as those would create an infinate loop and may crash bluestack and or your computer. i haven't tested this, nor do i intend to) just link them all to "public/pictures" instead of music use the other source