In order to be fully GPL compliant, your sources must:
- Successfully build and produce a valid output file, which is the same format as provided in the binary
- Contain all source code, interface definition files, scripts used to control compilation and installation of the executable (it is not required to include the actual compiler/toolchain, but sufficient information should be made available to obtain the SAME configuration, including compiler flags, as used to build the binary version as released)
- If your ROM uses custom boot.img the source must be provided.
- If the kernel you are using was created by someone else, you must link to their source.
- If your ROM contains a stock kernel, source must still be linked - ie; link to htc-dev kernel page.
- Using a non GPL compliant kernel makes your ROM non compliant and subject to removal.
XDA-Developers and the GPL
Thank you for your attention.