3,540 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelHogue

Reading this made me just back up the contents of my sd card on my pc

-TeaM VeNuM Like A Boss
-Galaxy Note II Edition

sadly my SSD doesnt have enough space to backup my 70Gigs of data lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kevinrocksman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 11:32 PM   |  #12  
Flag Phoenix, Arizona
Thanks Meter: 378

2,745 posts
More
Re: [q] dead sd card fix!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrocksman

sadly my SSD doesnt have enough space to backup my 70Gigs of data lol

My desktop has less hard disk space than my phone:/ (70gb)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium
15th February 2013, 04:42 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 11

10 posts
Found this on another thread and it completely fixed my sd card that both windows and android said needed to be formatted... all data saved!!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...85#post4112485

Quote:

Sometimes the filesystem on the card gets corrupted. It can happen for example if the card was ejected while a file operation on it was in progress. When that happens you might have trouble accessing some of the files, loading times for some directories in file explorer may be very slow.
You can attempt to fix it using the desktop windows' built-in chkdsk utility.
Open up command prompt (start->run->cmd.exe) and type
chkdsk /X /F <SD card drive letter>
My SD card reader is X:\ drive, so i wold use the following command:
chkdsk /X /F X:
SD card reader is recommended, but probably not necessary because it should also work with WinMo's built-in USB mass storage function or wm5torage.

Under linux you can check/fix the card's filesysterm and in some cases undelete a file using fsck.vfat or dosfsck (single tool, two possible names). Refer to its help for more details.

18th February 2013, 02:54 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49

186 posts
My whole thing was that neither my comuter nor my phone would even recognize the sd card. its not that the file system was corrupt. I had an entirely different issue.
18th February 2013, 09:35 PM   |  #15  
Flag Westminster
Thanks Meter: 320

1,272 posts
More
Re: [q] dead sd card fix!
What if the files on the card are easily accesible...but your problem is you just cant keep the card to stay mounted to the phone? It keeps unmounting and mounitng when the card is in my phone. Its a sandisc 32gb class 4 ...I also got a 2gb sandisc class 4 and it doesnt have this problem...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2
21st February 2013, 08:30 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member

186 posts
You are in the early stages of your sd card dying, BACK THAT SH1T UP NOW DUDE! Thats exactly what my sd card did for a couple weeks before it completely died. go and buy yourself a class 10 sd card, samsung decided to put the sd card directly over the processor and i believe that the metal casing is cooking these 2nd rate sd cards.
7th November 2013, 01:10 PM   |  #17  
Flag Tangerang
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd14771

Now, my sd card fried itself and wouldnt for the life of itself show up in card readers, my phone, ect... i nearly gave up on it.

But then it occurred to me, when my xbox died, all i had to do was over heat it and i could get a few precious hours out of it, so taking this theory and having access to extremely hot battery backup units at my work i gave it a try.

so step 1, locate a hot surface, im talking over 100 degrees fairenhight,

step 2, place the dead sd card on top of the hot surface, i choose to put the leads up but you can put it whatever way you want.

step 3, set it and forget it! i left mine on there for 2 hours.

step 4, return the sd card into the phone, and mess with mpount/unmount sd card and BAM! if there is any hope for you, your sd card should recognize and you SHOULD be able to recover your files.

*NOTE* i could not get my sd card to get recognized directly in a card reader, it ONLY worked plugged in my phone, so experiment with this and let me know how it goes!

works like a charm... speechless
btw i'm using 3g modem for about 30 minutes...

pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG0005.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	2377125   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG0010.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	2377126  
Last edited by zablay; 7th November 2013 at 01:19 PM. Reason: pic or it didn't happen...
8th November 2013, 03:32 AM   |  #18  
Flag Chalmers, IN
Thanks Meter: 45

213 posts
More
I am glad it worked for you, but I think it is purely coincidence that the same thing worked for your Xbox. And I wouldn't start throwing everything that doesn't work right in the hot plate. LOL
8th November 2013, 03:52 AM   |  #19  
OP Senior Member

186 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prezmater

I am glad it worked for you, but I think it is purely coincidence that the same thing worked for your Xbox. And I wouldn't start throwing everything that doesn't work right in the hot plate. LOL

You think its coincidence that a large amount of heat can fix both the bad processor connectors in an Xbox, and bad memory connectors in an SD card? I call it science. And when you have a dead sd card with months of irreplaceable work, what other choice do you have?
9th November 2013, 09:50 AM   |  #20  
OP Senior Member

186 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintkoglin

Found this on another thread and it completely fixed my sd card that both windows and android said needed to be formatted... all data saved!!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...85#post4112485

This fix is directed at SD cards that literally will not even show up in the device manager.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread