Re: [Q] Rogers Razr HD LTE(xt925) OTA to JB fails!!!
Originally Posted by luscione
.... did you delete some preloaded system apps? like 'rogers 1 Number' . i did but i did a factory data reset too, after all i tried to do upgrade again.. as you know it failed lol.... still need somebody to help me !!! plz!!!!
I didn't get enough information as to why the firmware upgrade was failing. I was also going you could pull an xml fastboot for me from your existing setup if you are still rooted.
Please download this software https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uilice.toolbox
and make an xml backup of you're current phone. I also want the XML backup
but it it's very large, so you should break it up into 100mb files using 7 zip and re-compress it. Then post it to your Dropbox. Don't worry this backup doesn't have any personal data.
Then you can download the update file from my Dev-host account here :
And save the file to your external sdcard.
Boot into recovery, then try to apply the update from sdcard, and write down exactly all the information it says (maybe take a picture of it using another camera). And send me all the information.
How to boot into recovery:
1) Power off phone completely
2) press and hold both volume buttons and at the same time press the power button.
3) use the volume down button to navigate the the recovery option, then press volume up.
4) an Android on the side will appear, now tot can proceed with updating
How to apply update in recoveyr mode:
1) press and hold both volume buttons while pressing power button
2) a menu will appear, use the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to select the option to update from external sdcard
3) find the update file and press the power button on it.
4) watch the update, if it fails please tell me all error messages, hopefully tot can take a picture for me.
Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2
Need help restoring your Motorola
phone back to stock firmware? Check out my tutorial here