CUBOT C7 --- Install USB Driver and Load STOCK ROM.
First, I would like to thank Pogodancer in millions for his STEP by STEP tutorial which helped me to load STOCK ROM on my CUBOT C7 chinese phone. I am sure this tutorial will help others to fix their CUBOT C7 phone. This tutorial is also good for PHONES with SpreadTrum SP6820 on Android 2.3.6/4.0.1
. (Make sure you have the right STOCK ROM for your phone).
Here is the link to Pogodancer's original Post:
HOW TO LOAD STOCK ROM ON YOUR CUBOT C7:
WARNING: YOU ARE DOING THIS PROCESS ON YOUR OWN AND I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IF
SOMETHING GOES WRONG WITH YOUR PHONE. YOU ARE FULLY RESPONSIBLE DOING THIS PROCEDURE.
1) Download the CUBOT C7 Stock rom from here:
Stock Rom: http://www.cubot.net/UploadFile/Soft...t_Software.rar
------ (After downloading the file EXTRACT or UNZIP it)
Here you can find other tools for CUBOT C7 - http://www.cubot.net/Service.aspx
(NOTE: This is not required)
2) Download this package it has the USB Driver and Flashing Tools. Install USB Driver...
3) Be sure to have installed the correct drivers. For my SC6820-device I see 5 items in Win7-32bit-device-manager (ADB-Composite, 2 x
COM-ports, 2 x USB devices: all without exclamation marks). You can use the drivers from the package folder "SCI-android-usb-driver-jungo-
4) Disable just in case your Win7 firewall. (If you are using Windows XP, you don't have to do this step)
5) Launch "ChannelServer.exe" from package folder "CHANNELSERVER" and allow firewall if asked.
6) Start "ResearchDownload.exe" from package folder "ResearchDownload".
7) In ResearchDownload-application chose firmware with first button (for me: 20121006_c909_JF_EAHC_V12.PAC).----- This is the STOCK
ROM file that you have downloaded and Extracted it on STEP 1.
8) Be sure to SET the Baudrate-settings in ResearchDownload-Settings (second button). I recommend 115200.
9) Press the Start (Play) button in ResearchDownload-application (third button).
10) Turn off the phone.
11) Keep holding the "volume down"-key.
12) Without releasing the button "volume down" plug the usb-cord from phone to your PC (install the driver if not done before in step 2).
13) Keep holding down the Volume Down button..... The process of firmware-burning should start now in ResearchDownload-application and
take approximately 1 Minute.
11. Wait until the firmware-flashing has been finished (A green sign appeares + "Passed" is written in ResearchDownload-application).
12. Remove the battery, wait 20 seconds. Put battery back and turn on the phone (first boot may take a while but not more than 5 minutes).
Use this at your own risk.