Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,791 Members 49,057 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem updating to 4.2.2 b/c of Beats Audio.

Tip us?

rm79
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Problem updating to 4.2.2 b/c of Beats Audio.

So I want to update to 4.2.2 using the Nexus Toolkit (I have the latest one) but have been running into problems. Every time I try to update it fails: assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/lib/libSR_AudioIn.so", bcc09f67f497c66aedece202942bc4c45f712f62", "85eeeb97d102a3f6656e58cb25ad97bbe29ec613")

After reading around I found out that the Beats Audio drivers I had installed (and thought I removed) modified that .so file. I'd like to be able to just replace that single file with the stock version to save me the hassle of flashing the whole stock image.

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of that file, or a work around that I can use?

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to rm79 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

issak42
Old
Thanks Meter 78
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2144330

use 'search thread', people have similar issues, you'll find a solution there.
Nokia Lumia 925 16GB
Nexus 7 32GB, 4.4.2 stock, rooted, Xposed installed
Sony Ericsson Arc S, 4.0 .587, rooted

Dropbox for you: http://db.tt/Qk80xRg 500MB extra for both of us.

rm79
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Yeah, I read through about 10 different threads about this but none of them actually had a solution... Just a bunch of "This is happening UPDATE: Fixed it" type posts. No one has actually posted their solution in any of the threads I've looked through (including the one you linked). Thanks for the link though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issak42 View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2144330

use 'search thread', people have similar issues, you'll find a solution there.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rm79 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pleasant
Old
Thanks Meter 4
i am also looking for SiMILAR Method like how we installed BEATS AUDIO so the method should be the same if someone can provide stock audio driver ZIP so we can reflash it back to get old drivers

nextelbuddy
Old
Thanks Meter 86
I had this same exact problem.

I had beats audio installed and even with the script uninstaller and uninstalling the APP my LIB file was missing. i copied it from N4 and still it kept failing on that LIB file every time i applied the OTA zip

the BEST way to resolve this is to

extract the SYSTEM.IMG and BOOT.IMG file from the 4.2.1 stock image
FASTBOOT FLASH SYSTEM.IMG to your device
FASTBOOT FLASH BOOT.IMG to your device

this will flash the stock system files AND kernal to your device.

reboot your device and try to flash the OTA again and it should work.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nextelbuddy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rm79
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Thanks. That's exactly what I did... I decided to use the Nexus 7 Toolkit to just restore to stock (I was getting frustrated so I didn't care if it removed all my apps, etc). It turns out the toolkit lets you restore the stock image without wiping all of your apps/sd data so I was able to update and everything was great. Not rooted anymore, but I'll deal with that later .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
I had this same exact problem.

I had beats audio installed and even with the script uninstaller and uninstalling the APP my LIB file was missing. i copied it from N4 and still it kept failing on that LIB file every time i applied the OTA zip

the BEST way to resolve this is to

extract the SYSTEM.IMG and BOOT.IMG file from the 4.2.1 stock image
FASTBOOT FLASH SYSTEM.IMG to your device
FASTBOOT FLASH BOOT.IMG to your device

this will flash the stock system files AND kernal to your device.

reboot your device and try to flash the OTA again and it should work.
The Following User Says Thank You to rm79 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

burnitdown
Old
Thanks Meter 2
i had the same deal. flashed system.img, updated, flashed su. i didn't flash boot though
The Following User Says Thank You to burnitdown For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

samleighton87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default ?need to flash boot.img

Thanks for above. I have solved the beats audio problem as per above. I only flashed the system.img and not the boot.img. Does this matter? Or should I do so to get the latest kernel? or is my kernel 3.1.10-g05b777c the latest?

Cheers,
Sam

nextelbuddy
Old
Thanks Meter 86
yuo need to be on stock everything so to be safe and retain all user data and apps, just flash system.img and boot.img

it wont hurt anything and saves you headaches

Leifrn
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I am currently in the same boat. I can't seem to find the stock image for 4.2.1. On Google's site they only have 4.1.2 and 4.2.2. Does any one know where I can get it or at least the system.img and boot.img from it?? Thanks for the help.

Leif

Tags
beats audio, update