Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,879 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Kernel][Firmware] Stock-Rooted L900VPAMA7 Odex / DeOdex [Team WHOMP]

Tip us?

t3project
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1372

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceabbott2 View Post
So if you wouldn't mind, what will the modified kernel do that the stock can't? I mean what are the benefits/drawbacks of the modified kernel vs the stock kernel? And isn't there a way to reprovision the phone myself or will I need to call Sprint to do that? Data speeds are slow like under 50 kbps upload less than 40 kbps oh that's on Sprint 's 2.5 G data network here in Lexington KY..........
the modified kernel can run scripts from the /system/etc/init.d folder. stock cannot

you can do a factory reset on your phone to activate the hands free activation or you can update your profile from the settings menu
The Following User Says Thank You to t3project For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ScandaLeX
Old
(Last edited by ScandaLeX; 24th February 2013 at 11:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Hello All. Be gentle cause some of this stuff is greek to me even though I've done this stuff a few times.

Ok... I need help (the dummy down version)

I'm rooted on build LJC. I followed post #276 (since theirs was the clearest in terms of what to do) and downloaded the stock all-in-one firmware and the DeOdex version.

Via TWRP I did all in one first, phone rebooted.
Attempting to do DeOdex fails.
My phones baseband is showing MA7 but my version is still 4.1.1 build LJC.

Also I'd like to retain root if at all possible.

Can someone tell me what I did wrong and the simple fix.

Thanks....your help is much appreciated.

SOLVED - everything is now as it should be. Rooted 4.1.2 with baseband and build at MA7.

bobprobert
Old
Thanks Meter 28
i flashed before the all-in-one was out and my baseband and build are both up to date but the bootloader still says ljc. is this an issue or should i flash the all in one to fix this?

snkycool
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Thumbs up Many Thanks

It's members like you that may the XDA go round...

'preciate you Baby Boy, much love.....

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

T3.....you got us blowin' up....:cudo's:

Once again, Bravo Zulu - Baby Boy....
Sent From: GNoteIII: Pimpin', Pimpin'
The X Pile: Toss Pieces
GNII
SIII

budde2
Old
Thanks Meter 328
Default Re: [ROM][Kernel][Firmware] Stock-Rooted L900VPAMA7 Odex / DeOdex [Team WHOMP]

Sorry for asking but can I just install the deodex without reseting im on stock just rooted and dont want to lose my stuff

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

3.0VTEC23
Old
Thanks Meter 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by budde2 View Post
Sorry for asking but can I just install the deodex without reseting im on stock just rooted and dont want to lose my stuff

I was just thinking the same but I'll just install anyway since no one has answered your post over 5 hours my time..
Note 3, Truth In Engineering!!!

ScandaLeX
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default Re: [ROM][Kernel][Firmware] Stock-Rooted L900VPAMA7 Odex / DeOdex [Team WHOMP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04CiviCon20s View Post
I was just thinking the same but I'll just install anyway since no one has answered your post over 5 hours my time..
Kind of how I felt. I ended up getting help from a different source.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

lovekeiiy
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by budde2 View Post

I'm no expert, but if you're planning on going odexized to deoxidezed, probably not. I think you can flash it as you suggest, but I think a few things are going to get borked because of how the two organized.

I'm not sure what stuff you're wanting to keep. Since you're rooted, just get/use Titanium Backup. It has a nice batch features. There are a couple apps that are better to reinstall than restore or restore app only such as Lookout, Flash Player. If you use Google Wallet, there is some theory this is best to redownload; there are instances where the secure element gets lost and borks the apps and no one has figure out how to restore the secure element without returning the phone.

Personally, I say it's better to error on the said caution and use backups, and wipe cache, davick and system.

w7excursion
Old
Thanks Meter 150
I went to deodexed without resetting and have no problems.
Nandroid - drank

na_tra
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Hi all:

Hi there I updated to MA7 then rooted the phone. I have Sprint Note 2. Can I still install new update through TWRP if samsung issues out another update in the future? If not, is there possibility to unroot and return to MA7 as stock? I watched the how to unroot but it requires LJC firmware.
By the way, anyone here knows how to backup the internal storage so that I won loose my setting?

Thanks in advance for your help.