Thanks Meter 47
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Why one should never unlock the Motorola Razr HD bootloader (xt925) !
The pro & cons of unlocking the bootloader:
Pro: Install customs ROMS with custom kernels (basically that's it)
Cons: - Loosing warranty from Motorola & your carrier
- No more firmware upgrades (your IMEI is dropped out of Motorola databank)
- Little verity of quality custom ROMs or development (close to none) exist for the Razr HD
- Future upgrade to JB & KLP will never happened (this phone is listed as a potential candidate for KLP update)
- Keeping your xt925 beyond your 1 year warranty will still guaranty, a steady upgrades of firmware
- Can root a phone with bootloader locked (without loosing warranty - root is reversible)
- Legally (Motorola binding Bootloader unlock contract), you can't sell a BL unlock Motorola Razr HD phone !
If someone can add some Pro's to an unlock bootloader please do it..