Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Interesting reply from Asus

OP Soul TKR

15th February 2013, 03:25 AM   |  #1  
Soul TKR's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 11
 
173 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
So I woke up to an email notification that someone had replied to my review of my tablet on Amazon. Check it out below...

http://www.amazon.com/review/R7WFF6GLGHH1N

Sorry I'm on my phone right now and it's too difficult to copy and paste it directly to this thread. But any that wants to, feel free
15th February 2013, 03:28 AM   |  #2  
Thats OK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 277
 
3,091 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Yoop that's Tien from Asus he replies to a lot of the unsatisfied reviews on Amazon.
I've e-mailed him a few times he always answers in a personal manner.
15th February 2013, 03:48 AM   |  #3  
Soul TKR's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 11
 
173 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Re: Interesting reply from Asus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats OK

Yoop that's Tien from Asus he replies to a lot of the unsatisfied reviews on Amazon.
I've e-mailed him a few times he always answers in a personal manner.

Well I'll give them/him credit for the personal touch. Any truth to the factory reset/cold boot suggestions? I don't even know how to do either of those lol.

<------giant NEWB
15th February 2013, 04:04 AM   |  #4  
Thats OK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 277
 
3,091 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul TKR

Well I'll give them/him credit for the personal touch. Any truth to the factory reset/cold boot suggestions? I don't even know how to do either of those lol.

<------giant NEWB

LOL hang in there!
They say the cold boot accomplishes nothing.
All I know is it has fixed my app bugs more often than not.

To do the boot:
Press the power button to shut off the tab\select turn off tablet.
After completely off:
Press and hold volume + rocker (side toward power button)
While holding volume + press and hold power button till tab vibrates look for small white letters in upper right corner.
Release power button...you will see RCK Android and USB.
If you do nothing the tab will boot back to Android in 5 seconds or so.

Then you will have cold booted.

The below is copied from the all in one guide here in the general section...
** Cold Boot - FastBoot - Wipe Data Menu **
Press Volume Down + Power untill you see a white text on the screen then release the buttons.Use Volume Down to navigate and Volume Up to confirm your selection.
You have 10 seconds to make your choice,or else the system will do a Cold Boot by default.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thats OK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2013, 04:25 AM   |  #5  
Soul TKR's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 11
 
173 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Re: Interesting reply from Asus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats OK

LOL hang in there!
They say the cold boot accomplishes nothing.
All I know is it has fixed my app bugs more often than not.

To do the boot:
Press the power button to shut off the tab\select turn off tablet.
After completely off:
Press and hold volume + rocker (side toward power button)
While holding volume + press and hold power button till tab vibrates look for small white letters in upper right corner.
Release power button...you will see RCK Android and USB.
If you do nothing the tab will boot back to Android in 5 seconds or so.

Then you will have cold booted.

The below is copied from the all in one guide here in the general section...
** Cold Boot - FastBoot - Wipe Data Menu **
Press Volume Down + Power untill you see a white text on the screen then release the buttons.Use Volume Down to navigate and Volume Up to confirm your selection.
You have 10 seconds to make your choice,or else the system will do a Cold Boot by default.

What's the RCK selection do?
15th February 2013, 04:40 AM   |  #6  
snypa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
217 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Angry
for easy cold boots i recommend Quick Reboot and select to reboot to bootloader - and don't do anything else! i like cold booting
15th February 2013, 05:18 AM   |  #7  
Thats OK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 277
 
3,091 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul TKR

What's the RCK selection do?

RCK = recovery option (u won't need that tho)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snypa

for easy cold boots i recommend Quick Reboot and select to reboot to bootloader - and don't do anything else! i like cold booting

True Quickboot makes things easy!
15th February 2013, 07:05 AM   |  #8  
Soul TKR's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 11
 
173 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snypa

for easy cold boots i recommend Quick Reboot and select to reboot to bootloader - and don't do anything else! i like cold booting

Looks like you need Root access...
15th February 2013, 08:51 AM   |  #9  
snypa's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 59
 
217 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul TKR

Looks like you need Root access...

sorry Soul , I did not realise you were on stock . Rooting is awsum!

no seriously, it is the same as having admin on windows, which everyone knows you shouldn't but you do anyway because without it you are screwed!

+1 CROMI and it is already rooted and lightyears away from anything ASUS is seemingly capable of , actual user experience is off the chart and you will actually enjoy using your paperweight!
The Following User Says Thank You to snypa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2013, 09:37 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,527
 
3,553 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats OK

They say the cold boot accomplishes nothing.
All I know is it has fixed my app bugs more often than not.

A cold boot is any boot from power off. So the easy procedure for cold booting is:
* Turn power off
* Turn power on

Until someone posts with a technical explanation what the detour via the bootloader menu would do differently, I claim that the effect of both methods is exactly the same.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes