Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,156 Members 47,034 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Interesting reply from Asus

Tip us?
 
Cheapxj
Old
#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 28
Posts: 156
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Location: Location:
That made me LOL!
Past devices:
HTC 8125, 8525, T-Mobile Wing, G1, MT3G, G2, Galaxy Tab, HD2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Fascinate, LG Revolution, XT926
N900V.07 & TF700 (Destroyed by USAirways)

Current devices:
SCH-i605 - Downgraded MJ9, Safestrap Beta + N3bula 3.9
MB870 - CM7 Beta, ol' faithful. only ever let me down once (6/21/14)
Acer C710 - Coreboot + Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Surface Pro - Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and some hardware hacks



USAirways must DIE. Boycott them.
 
Soul TKR
Old
#22  
Soul TKR's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 169
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Seattle, WA

 
DONATE TO ME
OMG... this tablet is getting worse and worse. It soooooo slow and lags BAD. Thing is a little over a month old! I'm baffled they could even release this thing with this many issues.

As soon as I have access to a computer (not for another month or so) I'm definitely going to root this thing. It's ridiculous...
Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T 64GB Tablet in Amethest Grey - Rooted/Unlocked and running Cromi-X
Verizon HTC ONE M7 - Stock for now
 
Thats OK
Old
#23  
Thats OK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 277
Posts: 3,091
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul TKR View Post
OMG... this tablet is getting worse and worse. It soooooo slow and lags BAD. Thing is a little over a month old! I'm baffled they could even release this thing with this many issues.

As soon as I have access to a computer (not for another month or so) I'm definitely going to root this thing. It's ridiculous...
Well what's installed on it?
Try the stock Asus task killer.

Is Force GPU rendering turned on in tablet settings?
Has Adobe flash been sideloaded if your on JB?
Can you see a difference if performance mode is enabled?
Open the stock browser type "about:debug" into the URL address space/go to settings for the browser (3 dots upper right) scroll down to settings and open.
Tick /Light touch and Enable cpu upload path

Just a few tips in case you haven't tried them yet.
Rooting of course will provide many more tweaks.

Hope the tablet starts running better for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thats OK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Dee Envy
Old
#24  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 24
Join Date: Aug 2012
Soul, have you removed all your bloatware?
I had the same problem until I did this.
TF700T Running CROMI X 5.02
HTC One (Stock for now )
The Following User Says Thank You to Dee Envy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Soul TKR
Old
#25  
Soul TKR's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 169
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Seattle, WA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats OK View Post
Well what's installed on it?
Try the stock Asus task killer.

Is Force GPU rendering turned on in tablet settings?
Has Adobe flash been sideloaded if your on JB?
Can you see a difference if performance mode is enabled?
Open the stock browser type "about:debug" into the URL address space/go to settings for the browser (3 dots upper right) scroll down to settings and open.
Tick /Light touch and Enable cpu upload path

Just a few tips in case you haven't tried them yet.
Rooting of course will provide many more tweaks.

Hope the tablet starts running better for you.
I've tried the task killer... doesn't seem to do much. I will definately try your other recommendations when I get home. Thanks very much!

Side note: If I'm on my desktop and I turn my tablet into portrait, then back to landscape, it literally takes like 40 seconds for the desktop icons and everything to load back up. Anybody else hear of this happening? It's ridiculous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Envy View Post
Soul, have you removed all your bloatware?
I had the same problem until I did this.
No, I'm not rooted or unlocked yet. I'm sure that will make a difference... Unfortunately the wife has our laptop (only one) and is out of town for a month or two. So I currently have no way to root it till then.
Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T 64GB Tablet in Amethest Grey - Rooted/Unlocked and running Cromi-X
Verizon HTC ONE M7 - Stock for now
 
Thats OK
Old
#26  
Thats OK's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 277
Posts: 3,091
Join Date: Jul 2012
Dee Envy's tip about disabling items not used is also very good advice for the stock user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul TKR View Post
Side note: If I'm on my desktop and I turn my tablet into portrait, then back to landscape, it literally takes like 40 seconds for the desktop icons and everything to load back up. Anybody else hear of this happening? It's ridiculous...
This can happen if you have a lot of icons and widgets loaded on a single page of the launcher.
Try organizing the icons on your launcher by dragging them together to make folders.
For example all web apps together, all office utilities, games...etc.
Also if you have widgets that have a lot of text updating thru wifi they will take some time.

Another slowdown for an under-performing tablet are live wallpapers.
If you can live without the moving eye candy that will also speed things up.

If your portrait to landscape swap works quickly on a screen with few or no apps then it may be best to stay lean.
Tweaks previously mentioned might help this also.

Read thru here >>> Battery saving tips <<< if you haven't already done so.

Good luck there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thats OK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sbdags
Old
#27  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12299
Posts: 10,786
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kenilworth, Coventry

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul TKR View Post
I've tried the task killer... doesn't seem to do much. I will definately try your other recommendations when I get home. Thanks very much!

Side note: If I'm on my desktop and I turn my tablet into portrait, then back to landscape, it literally takes like 40 seconds for the desktop icons and everything to load back up. Anybody else hear of this happening? It's ridiculous...



No, I'm not rooted or unlocked yet. I'm sure that will make a difference... Unfortunately the wife has our laptop (only one) and is out of town for a month or two. So I currently have no way to root it till then.
You are not going to solve some of these issues without rooting. Borrow a pc and unlock and flash a custom rom. It will ease 99% of your pain. Or send it back and get a refund if you are not happy with the stock product.
ASUS Transformer TF700T/TF201/TF300T(GL)/ME301T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF300T | TF201T | ME301T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF700T Infinity
[ROM] mini-C TF700T Infinity
[ROM] CROMi-X TF300T(GL) | TF201T Prime | ME301T Smart Pad 10


ASUS Transformer TF701T
[ROM] CROMi-X TF701T
[ROM] CROMBi-kk TF701


Google Nexus 5
Rocking Stock!


Please Donate Here to support CROMi-X / CROMBi-kk Development
The Following User Says Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Soul TKR
Old
#28  
Soul TKR's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 169
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Seattle, WA

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats OK View Post
Dee Envy's tip about disabling items not used is also very good advice for the stock user.



This can happen if you have a lot of icons and widgets loaded on a single page of the launcher.
Try organizing the icons on your launcher by dragging them together to make folders.
For example all web apps together, all office utilities, games...etc.
Also if you have widgets that have a lot of text updating thru wifi they will take some time.

Another slowdown for an under-performing tablet are live wallpapers.
If you can live without the moving eye candy that will also speed things up.

If your portrait to landscape swap works quickly on a screen with few or no apps then it may be best to stay lean.
Tweaks previously mentioned might help this also.

Read thru here >>> Battery saving tips <<< if you haven't already done so.

Good luck there.
This is my desktop... I don't feel like it's too busy...

Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T 64GB Tablet in Amethest Grey - Rooted/Unlocked and running Cromi-X
Verizon HTC ONE M7 - Stock for now
 
xRevilatioNx
Old
#29  
xRevilatioNx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 100
Posts: 774
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default Re: Interesting reply from Asus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thats OK View Post
Can you see a difference if performance mode is enabled?
Open the stock browser type "about:debug" into the URL address space/go to settings for the browser (3 dots upper right) scroll down to settings and open.
Tick /Light touch and Enable cpu upload path
What does this particular tweak do for the browser?



Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
Looking for free cloud storage? Sign up under my Dropbox referral link and we'll both get 500 MB of bonus space: http://db.tt/pgIIvF5w [After signing up don't forget to install Dropbox on your computer and login or none of us will get the bonus.]


~THE TRANSFORMER INFINITY -- THE NEXT TRANSFORMATION~

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes