Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,741 Members 47,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Stock OTA 2.04.605.2 710RD rooted ROM (No Radio)

Tip us?

cmay227
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Default Re: [ROM] Stock OTA 2.04.605.2 710RD rooted ROM

Why not just relock and flash stock back?
This update does not prevent flashing recovery and rerooting.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda premium

nitsuj17
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 17053

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangechoochoo View Post
So fastbooting the radio.img wont work.
the radio *should* update (somone correct me if im wrong) fine in hboot as long as your locked....but you wont be able to revert to the previous radio
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nitsuj17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dragonstalker
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1222

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj17 View Post
the radio *should* update (somone correct me if im wrong) fine in hboot as long as your locked....but you wont be able to revert to the previous radio
I'm with Justin. Past history has shown that you can upgrade but not downgrade with s-on. We had this problem with the Rezound.

Also past experience has shown that a phone this new, the update is the major part. The radios should not have even changed with the update. There were no connectivity issues to fix which would call for firmware update.

SUGGEST: Strip new kernel, replace with LK or Cubed. Flash modules and new software.

From what i'm hearing, not much of an update if you are on a rooted phone with tweaks enabled. Viper tweaks allows users to do everything that the update fixes, minus wifi which i cannot speak on as i rarely use wifi but have never had an issue with it.

--HTC One (M*8)
--Note 10.1 2k4
-Recovery: TWRP
-Recovery: TWRP
-ROM: NV M8 RLS2
-ROM: xKat V3.2
-Kernel: ?
-Kernel: Bindroid V3

Blog: MobileEscape.blogspot.com

Retired: Behold, G1, MT Fender, MT3G Slide, Vibrant, N1, HD2 (android-Froyo), Viewsonic G-Tablet, AT&T SE Xperia X10i, Samsung Galaxy Tab; HTC Inspire, HTC Sensation, Droid Charge, MYTOUCH4G , Thunderbolt, Droid DNA (traded), Note 2, HTC Rezound, Note 3 (jumped)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragonstalker For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lazarus2297
Old
(Last edited by lazarus2297; 15th February 2013 at 05:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj17 View Post

ok just to clear this up (for me at least..) you are saying that we can flash the radio but only if we are "locked" not unlocked? and would "relocked" work as well...

I am probably going to just go back to re-locked stock then update. etc.., but i like knowing my options

i think the radio (aka baseband?) did update but not sure what it changed..

also anyone with the update can you choose specific wifi bands and have it work properly? When i choose 2.4 only my wifi recycles off and on
John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

nitsuj17
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 17053

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus2297 View Post
ok just to clear this up (for me at least..) you are saying that we can flash the radio but only if we are "locked" not unlocked? and would "relocked" work as well...

I am probably going to just go back to re-locked stock then update. etc.., but i like knowing my options

i think the radio (aka baseband?) did update but not sure what it changed..

also anyone with the update can you choose specific wifi bands and have it work properly? When i choose 2.4 only my wifi recycles off and on
yeah relocked would be the same as locked for flashing purposes

orangechoochoo
Old
Thanks Meter 589
Someone mentioned they tried flashing a writeable kernel after installing the OTA and his phone went haywire.

zone23
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1851

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangechoochoo View Post
Someone mentioned they tried flashing a writeable kernel after installing the OTA and his phone went haywire.
ya I read that too haven't gotten to that yet still updating my ROM. should be able to pull the boot.img from the firmware.zip though.

cmay227
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by zone23 View Post
ya I read that too haven't gotten to that yet still updating my ROM. should be able to pull the boot.img from the firmware.zip though.
I flashed the stock writable kernel after i updated and installed vipers rom and have no issues.

snipestech
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
How do I flash the boot image?
Where do i find it ?
No wifi
Htc One Slimbean
Get Dropbox with more space!
Click link below
http://db.tt/y2rYEQ59

huskers15