Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,820 Members 49,711 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][ICS+] ContactsNotification +Sidebar v2.00 Final

Tip us?

dapaua
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 244

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshmccullough View Post
I don't know if it's just my phone/set up (Evo 4G, Evervolv JB nightly 02/18/2013), but when I tap the icon in the notification drawer, I have to pull the drawer up manually to get to that contact; if this is how it's supposed to work, it'd be helpful if it automatically pulled the shade up so your contact is waiting there for you. Other than that, cool app and very handy!
It should automatically fold the notification drawer. It did in my trials. I don't know why is it not working for you.

Dovidhalevi
Old
Thanks Meter 965
Another idea: Than 4-5 would be too much but the alternative for those who really do want more would be ... slide 'em. I think Nokia's widget works that way.

dapaua
Old
(Last edited by dapaua; 19th February 2013 at 05:50 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 244

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovidhalevi View Post
Another idea: Than 4-5 would be too much but the alternative for those who really do want more would be ... slide 'em. I think Nokia's widget works that way.
I could add more contacts, I just thought four were enough. In my screen more than four wouldn't fit, though.
I cannot make them slide, because notifcations cannot be laterally scrolled. They can be expanded in JB, but I don't have a JB phone to try it, and the emulator doesn't really work properly.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Boomer6345
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Nice app! I have two feature requests:

1. Can you remove the icon in status bar? I like to see the carrier name and on my AT&T Samsung GS3 your app icon replaces that.

2. Could you add a feature to configure a default action for a contact such as "call mobile" or "call home" or "sms", etc? I'd like to just hit the icon and have it start dialing. If you can do this you want want to add some overlay text or an icon to indicate the action (a phone or text icon).
The Following User Says Thank You to Boomer6345 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dapaua
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 244

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer6345 View Post
Nice app! I have two feature requests:

1. Can you remove the icon in status bar? I like to see the carrier name and on my AT&T Samsung GS3 your app icon replaces that.

2. Could you add a feature to configure a default action for a contact such as "call mobile" or "call home" or "sms", etc? I'd like to just hit the icon and have it start dialing. If you can do this you want want to add some overlay text or an icon to indicate the action (a phone or text icon).
I can do both things and I think these are very good ideas. I'll implement them if I find some time. I'm a bit busy right now, but for sure I'll add these options.
Thank you very much!
The Following User Says Thank You to dapaua For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TSOGLANI
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapaua View Post
I can do both things and I think these are very good ideas. I'll implement them if I find some time. I'm a bit busy right now, but for sure I'll add these options.
Thank you very much!
Great app with a lot of potential.
Some suggestions (also mentioned by some other users)
1.Give option to show or not the icon in taskbar
2.Allow to choose default actions when icon is pressed for direct calling
3.Give option to show selected contacts OR latest contacts from call log (it will give the program a call notification function also) !
4.Fix the total look especially in the settings and a quick way to access them (maybe put small settings icon-half size,before the 5 contact pictures.
5.Translate it If you want Greek i can do it for you

Thanks and keep up the good work

Joshmccullough
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Default Re: [APP][ICS+] ContactsNotification

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapaua View Post
It should automatically fold the notification drawer. It did in my trials. I don't know why is it not working for you.
Tried both the apk on here and also from the Play Store, both had the same problem. Could just be the ROM I'm using, still a cool app, I'll keep up with the versions to come!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent from my Nexus 5

athatati
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Please 2.3.6 gaaxy ace s5830c

Please 2.3.6 gaaxy ace s5830c version.
The version on play store its not compatible with galaxy ace 2.3.6

VidarG
Old
Thanks Meter 21
On my Galaxy Note 1, with ICS, I'm sorry to say it won't open the contact. It hangs and hangs and eventually I have to fc contacts.
Samsung GALAXY Note 3 SM-N9005 on stock rooted KK 4.4.2
Samsung GALAXY Note GT-N7000 (still) on AllianceROM JB 3
Asus Transformer Infinity / TF700T (WW) on CROMBi-kk

dapaua
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 244

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by VidarG View Post
On my Galaxy Note 1, with ICS, I'm sorry to say it won't open the contact. It hangs and hangs and eventually I have to fc contacts.
It happens with Galaxy note 1, I tried with one and the same thing happened. It is because some sort of bug in samsung Contacts app, that's why it is contacts that FC and not my app. I don't know how to fix or go around that bug. I am sorry.