Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,410 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][ICS+] ContactsNotification +Sidebar v2.00 Final

Tip us?

Boomer6345
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapaua View Post
Large size is set to a high value, but I can set it higher. It should be a 20% larger than medium size. In my phone medium and large look the same too, but my screen is small. I expected to be a diference in high dpi phones like yours, but I couldn't test it.
Thanks for reporting, these ypes of things cannot be tested without a comunity like XDA, I am really grateful for all the tests and reports I am getting. I'll check it, and I'll try to fix it. It seems to be related to the notification aspect ratio. The ones working best are the ones that are slightly taller that wide.
One problem is that the icons can never be larger than the notification heigth.
I also know that now that the "X" to remove contacts is so small, it is very difficult to hit. I'll fix it also.
Working great for me except for the icon size issue as well (running on a GS3).

Here's another feature request:

Add an option for spacers between images / contacts. The icons are so small on my phone that it is a little hard to hit the right contact photo. I tried just adding 3 contacts into entries 1, 3, and 5 but it still crammed them together. Could use a few millimeters between each photo.

dapaua
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 243

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer6345 View Post
Working great for me except for the icon size issue as well (running on a GS3).

Here's another feature request:

Add an option for spacers between images / contacts. The icons are so small on my phone that it is a little hard to hit the right contact photo. I tried just adding 3 contacts into entries 1, 3, and 5 but it still crammed them together. Could use a few millimeters between each photo.
There's space, but it is just one pixel I'll add an option to choose the spacing. Thanks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dapaua For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Boomer6345
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapaua View Post
There's space, but it is just one pixel I'll add an option to choose the spacing. Thanks.
I forgot to thank you for adding the other two feature requests I asked for....so thanks! Love the ability to choose the default action....now it just starts dialing right away....truly a speed dial! And thanks for the option to remove the status bar icon.

What does the option "Don't show toast" do?
--

Current Device: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 Active - blue with Sandisk 64GB MicroSD Card

Also the "admin" for my daughter's AT&T Samsung Galaxy Rugby Pro and my wife's iPhone 5

dapaua
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 243

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer6345 View Post
I forgot to thank you for adding the other two feature requests I asked for....so thanks! Love the ability to choose the default action....now it just starts dialing right away....truly a speed dial! And thanks for the option to remove the status bar icon.

What does the option "Don't show toast" do?
It disables the message that appears when you tap a contact set to "Menu". In my phone,it takes a couple of seconds for the menu to appear, that is why I added the message( It is called a toast in the android documentation). But I see it is not needed for fast phones

hillty
Old
Thanks Meter 4
VERY cool app. Thanks for sharing.

TSOGLANI
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Thanx a lot for all your work and for fulfilling my suggestions
Anyhelp you need from UI to translations as i said just pm me really love your work

Sudanminipro
Old
(Last edited by Sudanminipro; 23rd February 2013 at 02:46 AM.)
Thanks Meter 133
Thumbs up Superb.. Thanks

Now all icons on my small screen (Sk17i) are of the same size. Thank you

EDIT: not all, only 5. sixth one is still small.

EDIT: but there are still problems. See the screen shot. The contact window shown has to be raised a little for the whole contact to be visible

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-23-08-01-37.png
Views:	298
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	1753034

And how to remove a contact once added? it can be replaced. But how to make the slot empty again?
XPERIA mini pro = AWESOMENESS

Phone: SK17i
ROM: Modified Sony ICS (.587)
Root: Yes
Bootloader status: Locked

If my post helped you in any way. Please press the THANKS button

dapaua
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 243

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudanminipro View Post
Now all icons on my small screen (Sk17i) are of the same size. Thank you

EDIT: not all, only 5. sixth one is still small.

EDIT: but there are still problems. See the screen shot. The contact window shown has to be raised a little for the whole contact to be visible

Attachment 1753034

And how to remove a contact once added? it can be replaced. But how to make the slot empty again?
Hi,to remove you need to press the nearly invisible "X" to the right of the contact picture. I need to make it more visible, and easy to press, as it is is nearly impossible. It is in my list.
I'm sorry for not answering before, I was out of the city without Internet.
The Following User Says Thank You to dapaua For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sharkeyd
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Default Notification shade 4.2.2

Works perfectly on my SGS3 with CleanRom (JB 4.1,2). However on my wife's Nexus 4 stock (JB 4.2.2) the notification shade has to manually be closed which defeats the purpose. Looking forward to updates.

pathfinderhd
Old
(Last edited by pathfinderhd; 26th February 2013 at 04:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Default Image not showing

Its not showing contact images in the notification drawer !! All my contacts are having Images but no contact image is showing only contact Icon is visible, Please guide.